Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Martin ccs

best way to fix a tank into van?
« on: November 16, 2009, 03:47:55 pm »
just in the middle of diy set up for a small peugeot partner van, so im only putting in a small 175 ltr tank for part time member of staff.

new to diy and was wondering the best way of doing it.

im looking to fix it in by bolting it in and securing it with heavy duty straps.

quickly popped the van in to a small local garage and they said it may be more difficult than it looks because of the fuel tank running across the whole of the drivers side.

i have asked for pics but im not getting anywhere with that.

daz1977

Re: best way to fix a tank into van?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 03:53:29 pm »
put wood down in back and screw in to that, that will lhelp raise it off the floor a bit, or just use straps across the body, that should hold it

krave

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 04:02:31 pm »
I have my 350ltr flat tank in the cback of a astra van, I have a bar welded from one wheel arch to th eother one to hold it back, its buted up aginst a metal bulk head, and has a bar either side to stop sideways action. Pretty simple actually.

Martin ccs

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 04:05:21 pm »
I have my 350ltr flat tank in the cback of a astra van, I have a bar welded from one wheel arch to th eother one to hold it back, its buted up aginst a metal bulk head, and has a bar either side to stop sideways action. Pretty simple actually.

yeah i thought it would be simple but like i said about the garage  - sort of thrown me off a bit.

so your tank isnt bolted through the floor just fixed to these bars instead? did you do it yourself?

krave

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 04:19:09 pm »
its not even fixed to the bars, just held in place by them, yeah I got a few metal garage protector bars and cut them to size, and had them welded for a tenner.

How is the fuel tank, any pics of the load area of your van?

If you have the bars behind drivers seat, could you not strap it onto that?

Martin ccs

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 04:23:28 pm »
its not even fixed to the bars, just held in place by them, yeah I got a few metal garage protector bars and cut them to size, and had them welded for a tenner.

How is the fuel tank, any pics of the load area of your van?

If you have the bars behind drivers seat, could you not strap it onto that?

i am looking to put it just behind the seats so i may do that then - just want to make sure i get it right - not me driving it and i guess i gotta look after the staff sometimes

Ian Lancaster

Re: best way to fix a tank into van? New
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 05:24:08 pm »
See my post on other thread

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=84530.0

If you´re going to have employees driving it, you better be damn sure its safe, and accident could cost you everything you have ;)