This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mr Bungalow

IPA (Isopopryl Alcohol)
« on: November 16, 2009, 08:30:00 am »
Hello All,

Is there anyone who has used this chemical through the winter, if so would it help stop the pipes or connections from freezing.

If so how much does anyone think would need to be used in a 250ltr tank of pure water.

If this helps, I know its freezing point its self is -89degrees.   

Kind regards. :)

d s windowcleaning

Re: IPA (Isopopryl Alcohol)
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 09:12:32 am »
i use it and never had a problem with freezing , but wait for ftp to come along as hes a expert on ipa  ;D
i dont measure the amount i use i just tip some in and once i see the bubbles disapear i will add some more .
the thing with ipa is that some will say it works and others will say it dont , the only way you will find out is try for yourself .
where theres muck theres money

MopTop

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 09:26:50 am »
As far as your Q goes, iso should lower the freezing temp of your water depending on its dilution.  The manufacturers packaging / safety info should have details of appropriate dilution rates.

Also, does anybody know if isopropyl alcohol is OK to use in vans where the water is pumped though a DI polishing vessel? I mean to say, will it affect the resin in the vessels? Any help would be appreciated.

trevor perry

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 12:44:59 pm »
for the small amount added it wont stop freezing but in my opinion it deffinately helps to remove snail lines and spider webs, i have used it for 2 years and is added after the ro but before the di and it hasnt had any adverse effects on the di resin
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt