Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lcwalker

Quoting with conservatories
« on: November 16, 2009, 08:12:21 am »
I do a few houses with conservatories but i only ever clean the roofs about 2 times a year, but im on the verge of trying to expand my round and not really sure what new customers would expect would they expect to have the roof done on every clean.If they do what price should i charge for example a 3 bed semi say 10 upvc windows with a medium sized conservatory.thanks lc

andyjm1

Re: Quoting with conservatories
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 08:19:46 am »
I've got a couple of cons. with glass roofs and they have it done every clean.
Round my way a 3 bed semi with a con. is about £15. If I was doing the roof everytime I would probably charge an extra £5.

Mr Bungalow

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 08:22:20 am »
Hello Icwalker,

For that sort of sized house, I would charge a minimum of £15.00 possibly more.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards. :)

lcwalker

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 08:25:02 am »
I surpose with roof it would have to be £20 the thing is i dont want to do myself when quoting.

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 08:27:00 am »
normally most window cleaners will not clean the roof on a regular clean.eg.monthly/2monthly and clean the roof as an extra once a year or so.ru WFP?cleaning conny roofs TRAD are a real pain to clean!ive undercharged for custys with conservatories in the past.i add 4 or 5 pound now to job with a medium size conservatory.try not to make the same mistake as me!

kind regards dazmond
price higher/work harder!

andyjm1

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 08:29:07 am »
If you can walk all the way around the con. to clean the roof it can be done fairly quickly, if the access is awkward charge more.

stephen s

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 08:34:27 am »
most customers only have them done once or twice a year mate

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 08:38:23 am »
i charge 40 to 80pound for conny roofs as arranged extras depending how dirty they are!but im trad and they are a pain.they normally take about an hour and a half to clean properly.also quickly go over the windows/frames/gutters on conservatory as u will mess them up doing the roof!when i go wfp i think they will be easier to do!any extras like roofs/fascias/soffits all get priced higher than my normal WC round as they take me away from my regular work as i have a full round.hope this helps!

regards

dazmond

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 08:40:21 am »
I do a few houses with conservatories but i only ever clean the roofs about 2 times a year, but im on the verge of trying to expand my round and not really sure what new customers would expect would they expect to have the roof done on every clean.If they do what price should i charge for example a 3 bed semi say 10 upvc windows with a medium sized conservatory.thanks lc

3 bed semi I charge approx £8 just for the windows on the house, the windows on the conservatory I change 50p per window, then if they want the roof doing I would put another £5-£7 on top.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 08:41:09 am »
Daz I think he means regular maintenance clean every month.

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 08:51:01 am »
hi matt hows the round building going?im thinking when i change over to WFP next year i should clean frames,sills,doors AND conny roofs as standard and charge £20 2monthly as do u find the windows stay cleaner longer?and custys more likely to accept the higher price!

best wishes matt

dazmond

lcwalker

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 08:52:54 am »
At the moment im trad but when i build up my round i will go wfp as you said with trad the roofs are a pain as are windows above conservatories thats why i like the sound of WFP.

cornelius jemmerso

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2009, 08:59:31 am »
At the moment im trad but when i build up my round i will go wfp as you said with trad the roofs are a pain as are windows above conservatories thats why i like the sound of WFP.

windows up above  a conservatories are a breeze trad, just use a decent pole and swivel squeegee and no worries .

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2009, 09:01:09 am »
ICwalker
Have a look at using a microfibre floor cleaner, I use this on large internal windows, I think it might be very good for con roofs.
I will post a pic in 10 minutes.

Matt

lcwalker

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2009, 09:01:36 am »

windows up above  a conservatories are a breeze trad, just use a decent pole and swivel squeegee and no worries .
I have a decent pole but wheres the best place to get a swivel squeegee?.

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2009, 09:04:05 am »
Daz its going ok mate, I will be out door knocking this week too, I have already had 2 phone calls this morning with people wanting a quote. lol

Matt

lcwalker

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2009, 09:16:16 am »

I have a decent pole but wheres the best place to get a swivel squeegee?.
Is this what i would need?
http://www.windowcleancentre.co.uk/productdetails.aspx?ProductID=31&SectionID=32

Sapphire Window Cleaning

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2009, 09:23:11 am »
The one on the left with the applicator and rubber.

Matt