Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lcwalker

What do you charge per hour?
« on: November 15, 2009, 11:52:12 pm »
I was wondering what you charge per hour.

dazmond

Re: What do you charge per hour?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 11:57:18 pm »
i price on £30 an hour but im trad and live in the north west.but that will go up when i move over to wfp. ;D ;Doverall though it works out at 25ish an hr on the glass so to speak though £40 an hour sometimes but not hour after hour!im working on it though with my pricing!
price higher/work harder!

Window Washers

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 11:57:25 pm »
I was wondering what you charge per hour.
think your on the wrong forum   ::)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 11:58:36 pm »
I dont charge per hour, I have a unit price structure. I find this the better option.
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

john tomkins

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 11:59:33 pm »
Tax man alert ::)

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 12:01:15 am »
Icwalker,
               if you are nevous about canvassing. Are go knocking with you.  We can split the cussies.  Their are a lot of villages between haverhill and Subury

stephen s

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 08:29:50 am »
I don't have an hourly rate as its far to difficult to work to,   if I do sub-contract work I will either have a day rate or quote for the job.

but on my domestic work I just book in what work I need to do that day and just go and clean them then just tot up at the end of the day.

look at it this way,   if you set yourself an hourly rate of say £30 per hour and then like every w/c you have a day where things do quite go as planned with lots of hold ups,     then your hourly rate may be running at £20 per hour so you speed up to get the rate up ?    BIG MISTAKE      your more likely to cut corners resulting in call backs from customers and thats the last thing you want.

if your new then I would recommend you take your time,  remember your doing a job that you may actually enjoy and how many people getting up for work today can say that ?

when I started I gave myself 3 years to get where I wanted to be, well I'm 2 years and 7 months into that 3 year plan and although I'm not there yet Ive built a decent well paid domestic round and have some nice commercial contracts as well.      dont get me wrong the first 18 months was tough but I knew it would be but I stayed positive and stuck to my plan and its really paying off now.

I enjoy going to work as much as coming home from work and the freedom feels FANTASICO  and I should know having worked as a warehouse shift supervisor for Sony uk for 19 years  wow that still sends a shiver down my spine  :(        dont get me wrong I was in a well paid job but had been there 5 years longer than I wanted and felt like a caged bird.

and now ?    I'm happy

good luck mate and most of all enjoy what you do

Sean Dyer

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 08:39:48 am »
good post that mate

i think if i was you mate i would work out my bills costs for each day week month year

then how much you want for your lifestyle realistically bearing in mind that domestic window cleaning you will earn around £25 an hour of WORK
which if your lucky will be 30 hours a week
Then find the work and try be consistent

ways to increase your money will be extras like pvc, gutters at weekend where you might earn £80 in an hour
or commercial where the rates can be higher too

You will soon work out your average though and some days will be amazing and others just be ok

I dont wanna upset people posting earnings but just as a comparison

I had a day a month or so ago i only worked 4 hours and made £700 after paying £40 an hour in wages

other weeks i earn less than that in a week

its up and down the key is getting out and doing the work no matter what and trying to always up your game and bring in better work!!

good luck mate. but im sure you will find window cleaning improves your lifestyle IF you put in the hard work!!

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 09:10:11 am »
getting out and doing the work?come on sean pull ur finger out man uv had a week off!raining here but gona clear up soon according to the fore cast. ;D ;D ;D

time to get going!

best wishes dazmond

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 09:12:27 am »
Daz where are you mate?
I forgot to put my tank on fill yesterday. So I wont be out for another 2 hours lol

Matt

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 09:15:07 am »
long way from mine matt!i live in salford,manchester! ;D ;D

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 09:16:56 am »
lol
I have family in Rochdale and Heywood lol

Matt

Tosh

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2009, 10:34:11 am »
I had a day a month or so ago i only worked 4 hours and made £700 after paying £40 an hour in wages

Sean, I'll work for you if you pay £40 an hour! ;D

Sean Dyer

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2009, 12:12:37 pm »
lol
I have family in Rochdale and Heywood lol

Matt

i live in between both rochdale and heywood!

Sean Dyer

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2009, 12:15:01 pm »

Sean, I'll work for you if you pay £40 an hour! ;D

the lad was a builder and earned well, we were guttering some really high apartments, i was paying him a good day rate but we finished in 4 hours so it worked out a great day rate lol :)

we were in the pub for dinner at 11.30 with all the drunks etc haha

but had earned some serious money!!

Sean Dyer

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2009, 12:19:01 pm »
going back to the post

if your looking for charging for work, ie doing quotes

it depends on all sorts, primarily comeptition supply demand

but it tend to quote commercial and big jobs on day rate

small stuff at hourly rate i feel is reasonable taking into consideration travel, whether its near other work, when its needs doing, how hard it will be etc etc

but never less than £25 an hour if i can help it!!

but i have quoted some big stuff recently at a bit less but still work out profitable!!

Martin ccs

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2009, 01:48:37 pm »
I dont charge per hour, I have a unit price structure. I find this the better option.

i would second that! best way for me.