This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lcwalker

Traditional Hot or Cold water?
« on: November 15, 2009, 10:26:46 pm »
Im in the process of trying to expand my round i only have a few at the moment and i dont do them on the same days as they are in different areas.But to my question to clean the windows trad style do you use hot or cold water the few i have i take hot water with me and the others are usally in so i get hot from them, i know when i expand this wont be possible as people will be out but what cleans better in trad style hot or cold.

mci services

Re: Traditional Hot or Cold water?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 10:29:17 pm »
makes no odds i use cold water most of the time, hot is just nicer on the hands in winter

Ste M

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 11:02:07 pm »
ive often wondered this with the wfp guys? if you get to a job and need to do some trad do you just fill your bucket with pure water and clean or do you also add some squegee off into the pure water and clean?

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 11:10:32 pm »
i always take a nice hot bucket of water with me to start the day off!.i mainly use custys outside taps for refills.likes been said it doesnt make any difference to the quality of the job but kinder on the hands in the cold winter months.a tip.DONT wring ur cloths out in ur bucket or else ur water will soon be dirty!

best wishes dazmond
price higher/work harder!

cornelius jemmerso

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 11:13:29 pm »
coldwater  is the way . dont messabout trying to find hot

but when u start up in the morning its a reallpizzer when ice is in yor bucket and mops frozen stiff ,  but thas the moment when you MUST  roar with laughter  ;D ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 11:26:08 pm »
ive often wondered this with the wfp guys? if you get to a job and need to do some trad do you just fill your bucket with pure water and clean or do you also add some squegee off into the pure water and clean?
depends on the job, but most of the time I just fill from back of van with pure water and trad clean with that.

I remember when I was trad only the first few house when it was freezing cold out side was nice if I took a few bottle of hot water with me.

Oh I dont miss carrying freezing cold ladder and banging my hands against sills etc
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Window Washers

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 11:33:58 pm »
You need really cold water in winter, so leave your filled container outside for the night, so it has the same temperature as the air outside. A shot of ammonia also helps to stop the water from freezing, up to a certain point.
why do you need really cold water in winter ?? :-\
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Gaby P.

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 11:36:03 pm »
You need really cold water in winter, so leave your filled container outside for the night, so it has the same temperature as the air outside. A shot of ammonia also helps to stop the water from freezing, up to a certain point.

Try putting hot water on freezing glass. Did you ever do physics at school?

Window Washers

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 11:47:05 pm »

Try putting hot water on freezing glass. Did you ever do physics at school?
Are you in the uk ?

I have cleaned windows trad for years and years with cold water and hot water in the winter (hot not as in boiling, never did a pane of glass break.

martinsadie

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 06:43:51 pm »
i take 5 gallons of hot water with me every day of the year,it cools down as the day  wears on ,but it also doubles up as a way of drying scrim as i place wet ones on top of the bottles  ;D
you wouldnt wash up in cold water  ;D
and it warms the pinkies in winter  ;D

cozy

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 06:49:03 pm »
Here we get average winter temps in Feb of between -8 to -15, put any water on glass that's not just above freezing and it turns to ice within a second. Glass doesn't shatter or crack though, but who wants to scrape ice of a window?

Because of this, I use cold water trad and leave my water container full on my patio, ready for the next day. I only get problems with ice on windows at below -4, or if I use warm water.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 06:56:03 pm »
warm water freezes quicker than cold

sounds stupid but its one of those scientific anomalies like why ice is on top of water not under etc

so in freezing weather you want cold
with gloves

try not using loads of water so that it gets everywhere!! just wet applicator barely enough

cozy

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2009, 06:58:08 pm »
Yeah Sean, I don't detail either lol, too bloody cold at those temps ;)

martinsadie

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2009, 07:07:55 pm »
warm water freezes quicker than cold

sounds stupid but its one of those scientific anomalies like why ice is on top of water not under etc

so in freezing weather you want cold
with gloves

try not using loads of water so that it gets everywhere!! just wet applicator barely enough
sod that ,its time to go home  ;D