This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Space monkey

r o man
« on: November 15, 2009, 05:59:06 pm »
I have tried to access r o mans website and am getting no results.  Are they still in business as i placed an order and they have taken my money and i have not had any replies to
 emails.

Window Washers

Re: r o man
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 05:59:45 pm »
I have tried to access r o mans website and am getting no results.  Are they still in business as i placed an order and they have taken my money and i have not had any replies to
 emails.
I would be contacting your bank in the morning fella  ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

wizard

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 06:23:06 pm »
R O Man are not in business anymore see posting some time back +- 3 weeks back by Ian Lancaster.

daz1977

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 08:53:54 pm »
if they ahve gone bust you ahve lost ur money  unless u can prove that they went bust before u ordered, then it is fraud,  u might still have to go to court to get ur money

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 09:10:15 pm »
unless ya paid on credit card...then ya might be able to claim it back through them. Debit card..and ya probably stuffed  :-[

Mr Bungalow

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 10:15:05 pm »
They usually come up straight away on google.

Very unusual ???, I've even just checked out my favourites link to RO-MAN and that is not working any more.

Maybe right about them going out of business, unless they have changed their domain name and forgot to tell anyone.

Sorry mate, can't help you.

Kind regards :)

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 08:37:14 am »
They usually come up straight away on google.

Very unusual ???, I've even just checked out my favourites link to RO-MAN and that is not working any more.

Maybe right about them going out of business, unless they have changed their domain name and forgot to tell anyone.

Sorry mate, can't help you.

Kind regards :)

Mr Bungalow, they no longer trade, they also owe lots of money to people who have placed and paid for orders.
I heard they went out of business 4-6 weeks ago.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

Londoner

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 09:03:43 am »
So if that have gone, where is the best alternative for getting membranes etc?

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 09:04:37 am »
So if that have gone, where is the best alternative for getting membranes etc?

Pure freedom.

Matt

Space monkey

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 09:55:35 am »
thanks for all replies just got onto bank luckily i paid by credit card.  Does anyone know R O mans address from a previous receipt they may have.  Thanks for your help. 

niceandclean

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 11:29:11 am »
I tried to order a new 4040 system from them a couple of months ago, they wouldn't take my money saying they couldn't take orders due to stock levels, i even tried to get a couple of bags of resin. I do find it hard to belive that Neil would take peoples money knowing he couldn't supply and was about to shut down, but judging from the previous posts, looks like i maybe wrong?

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 11:33:52 am »
Nice and clean, CS isnt the only one they owe money to.

Matt

niceandclean

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2009, 11:35:10 am »
Yeah, i can see that.

Neil

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2009, 11:45:43 am »
I tried to order a new 4040 system from them a couple of months ago, they wouldn't take my money saying they couldn't take orders due to stock levels, i even tried to get a couple of bags of resin. I do find it hard to belive that Neil would take peoples money knowing he couldn't supply and was about to shut down, but i maybe wrong?

Don’t trust anybody is my motto now. I had a business selling hot tubs which I had to close due to my supplier going bust. I bought and paid for a load of new tubs which he had in storage for me till I had space available. He sold them to someone else just before he went bust. I lost 10K.
I had to sit in a room full of creditors with that slimy B@@@D sat opposite for an hour whilst we were all told we would get nothing.
One poor woman was told by him a week before he went bust that his credit card machine was broken so could she pay by cheque, that way he knew he would not have to pay it back whereas credit card companies would have made him, she lost 8k. She sat through the whole meeting in tears and he did not flinch.

niceandclean

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2009, 11:59:17 am »
I tried to order a new 4040 system from them a couple of months ago, they wouldn't take my money saying they couldn't take orders due to stock levels, i even tried to get a couple of bags of resin. I do find it hard to belive that Neil would take peoples money knowing he couldn't supply and was about to shut down, but i maybe wrong?

Don’t trust anybody is my motto now. I had a business selling hot tubs which I had to close due to my supplier going bust. I bought and paid for a load of new tubs which he had in storage for me till I had space available. He sold them to someone else just before he went bust. I lost 10K.
I had to sit in a room full of creditors with that slimy B@@@D sat opposite for an hour whilst we were all told we would get nothing.
One poor woman was told by him a week before he went bust that his credit card machine was broken so could she pay by cheque, that way he knew he would not have to pay it back whereas credit card companies would have made him, she lost 8k. She sat through the whole meeting in tears and he did not flinch.

Oh dear, sorry to hear that. You hear these stories all the time, i was probably one of the lucky ones then as i had been dealing with them for years. Have they just shut down or have they actually gone bust, anybody know for sure?

Steve CM

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2009, 12:04:21 pm »

my dad got done for 250k from a well known household name. they liquidated then relaunched as a different company name with everything the same. there are no friends in business ::) and these people couldn't give two *****

Neil

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2009, 12:07:10 pm »
Anyone who has placed an order and paid for it will receive a letter from the administrators in time if they have gone bust.
But don’t hold out your hopes. If they have gone bust you have lost your money unless you paid by credit card, if you did you need to contact the card company.

In some cases you may get a percentage in the pound IE. 5p for every £1 you are owed, but it will likely take months even years till it’s all sorted.

Its has happend to me twice now. first time 10k second time £500. I just put it down to experience and move on.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2009, 02:50:02 pm »
Surely in a case where it can be proved that someone has accepted payment knowing they will not be able to supply the goods that must be fraud

It may not get your money back but at least the scumbag gets some sort of punishment

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2009, 03:28:08 pm »
I think scumbag might be a bit harsh Ian. It's not like he was a double glazing salesman chopping and changing name every 5 minutes, for whatever reason. He had an established business(however bad aftersales could be sometimes) that's gone belly up. He aint the first and he won't be the last, but if that did take money of legit customers knowing that their was no chance of sending out the goods, that is pretty bad. But that normally happens as a business dies, unfortunately.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2009, 05:33:25 pm »
I think scumbag might be a bit harsh Ian. It's not like he was a double glazing salesman chopping and changing name every 5 minutes, for whatever reason. He had an established business(however bad aftersales could be sometimes) that's gone belly up. He aint the first and he won't be the last, but if that did take money of legit customers knowing that their was no chance of sending out the goods, that is pretty bad. But that normally happens as a business dies, unfortunately.

Sorry, I wasn´t directing that at RO-man.  I always had excellent service from him.  I was really referring to the type who carry on taking your money or services, knowing they have no intention of supplying, as per a couple of posts above.

Apologies to Neil, should he ever get to read these comments :-[