This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Andrew46

Sealing edges when protekote floor..
« on: November 15, 2009, 03:39:33 pm »
Do you seal (wuth sealant) the edges of the plastic sill covers by door or unscrew remove covers and protekote under covers then screw back on?

I was going to seal the edges on to van floor?

What's best

Thanks

Window Washers

Re: Sealing edges when protekote floor..
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 03:56:12 pm »
Do you seal (wuth sealant) the edges of the plastic sill covers by door or unscrew remove covers and protekote under covers then screw back on?

I was going to seal the edges on to van floor?

What's best

Thanks
I took them off painted and replaced, sealed out the edges from floor to ply side, then painted away
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Andrew46

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 03:59:41 pm »
Thanks.

So for the plastic sill covers you did not seal them and water could get underneath them - but you had protected the floor under them??

Did I get that right?

Window Washers

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 04:37:09 pm »
Thanks.

So for the plastic sill covers you did not seal them and water could get underneath them - but you had protected the floor under them??

Did I get that right?
one van i removed the plastic painted and put it back down, the other i painted with brush and sealed up to the plastic If you get what I mean..

if you can take the stuff out easy do so, if not, seal it using a brush, this stuff is thick so either way it will do the job.

Ian
p.s make sure you wear gloves, I should have worn a full head to toe suit as I looked like a smurf after I did the first van I had..
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

matt

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 06:25:39 pm »
its very easy to remove all the trims, so take them out

paint under them and then after you are happy with the number of coats, just put them back on

you could save a little paint and dip the screw in the paint, then they seal the screw holes as you do them up