This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

daz1977

after a pressure washer
« on: November 15, 2009, 11:13:15 am »
hi am after a pressure washer, mainly just to blast the tops of con with leaves and that off,  which one am i better buying,  and can i get one that i can run of my van battery or use a convertor, as cant get in house a some times,

dont want to spand that mush as just payed for xmas lol

cheers

JSMC

Re: after a pressure washer
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 11:26:10 am »
jetmacsystems i got mine from. Not used it yet. i paid 560 for monies which is petrol powered. Wanted a honda one but didn't have enough cash. This will do for the time being

other places to look are sweepfast, northertooluk, malcleanse.co.uk, equip to clean.

malcleanse site ha ssome good info pages to read about what you require

Mr Bungalow

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 12:41:12 pm »
Hello Daz1977,

The best pressure washers to use are Karcher and rather than have it running off your vehicle battery, just get one that is petrol based usually with a Honda motor as these are considered the best.

Hopefully this has helped!

Kind regards. :)

Martin ccs

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 01:10:50 pm »
i would say karcher are prob best if you are on a budget but i wouldnt pressure wash conservatory roofs mate! not good for the seals and that.

daz1977

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 01:23:16 pm »
hi thanks guys,  the reaosn for the pressure washer on cons was to wash it all downbefore i started as am getting a lot with leaves and crap on that are taking ages to ge clean,  am i best just using a hose, with a jet on to blast it clean, then use tfr on it

Martin ccs

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 01:30:25 pm »
we do alot of conservatory valets and what works for me is:

if pos use customers outside tap for roof, just plug wfp in and wash it down - i only use chemical if its really green.

may have to just touch up a few bits with damp micro wipe.

then just use your pure water for windows as norm.

a complete conservatory valet takes about an hour and would cost the customer an average of £80+

complete valet:

roof and pvc trim.
gutter empty and wash
framework and windows and sills.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 01:45:54 pm »
A pressure washer isn't a good idea for conny roofs,.. it can cause water ingress and damage.

Pre-spraying with the right chem and using the custies outside tap is the way to go in most circumstances.

daz1977

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 01:48:28 pm »
what would be the right chem  tfr?

Martin ccs

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 01:50:25 pm »
is the roof very bad? ie green and have alot of moss.

any cleaning chem will help but alot use tfr. just be careful when choosing the chem cuz some can damage the seals.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 01:54:34 pm »
Jetmac are very good for ppressure washes though,. you won't get better value for money anywhere & none of those kiddies playthings that northern tools sell!

daz1977

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 01:55:15 pm »
the roof, is not green, what it is, is that the roof is like a gray plastic, that looks great when wet, but when drys looks crap and dirty again

Martin ccs

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2009, 01:59:02 pm »
so its very old then? grey plastic? sure its not white gone dull from age and sun.

you can only do your best. best results will be from wfp, raher than trad on a con roof.