Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Window Washers

I am glad I went to work today
« on: November 14, 2009, 07:26:58 pm »
On way back from work today see this car coming round corner, rain lashing seemed to be swerving a bit, I slow down and watch in horror this car hit a hedge instead of me and then reapeared in a ditch smoking everywhere, I stop van hazards on jump out run to this car there is this young lad about 18/19 slumped head down in the car..... as I get down to the car as thought I may have to drag away incase of fire he starts rolling his head.

I ask if hes ok he repeats to me what I say to him, i phone 999 while leaving van.

I see his phone and get him to call his mum, no responce from him could you make out , me non doctor thinking hes hit his head pretty hard and is shaking because hes going into shock. he drops phone, , looks now very drunk as head wobbling eyes rolling.,..... this is quite worrying I ask him have you been drinking, I get have you been drinking back, does not smell of booze, have you taken any drugs ? drugs you taken drugs I get back.

I pick up to a voice saying where are you from the phone I expalin and also explain that his lad is shaking and not making one bit of sence at all, this young lad is a diabetic and is in shock and now clearly needs my help as is going down hill fast.....

sugar he needs sugar and now before he goes to sleep..............this lady clearly destressed

I run to vanin side door card a bottle of  isotonic wake up drink, WOOOOOHOOO best pound I have ever spent I gave to lad he drinks like it does not touch the side and 5 mins later ambulance arrives and give him this crem in his mouth pull him from car and the poor little sod collapes, police at this stage are here and starting to annoy me trying to blame me for the acciedent, anyway I rip a strip offf this copperand ambulance driver shakes his head at him he will be fine I am told you helped this lad more than you know....................

Had to get that off my chest as I will be getting flash backs of my crash latter and this may help a little.

Here is to working on a saturday in the rain and doing a good deed . Now having a much deserved drink of bulmers pear and Ice  ;D

Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

martinsadie

Re: I am glad I went to work today
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 07:37:10 pm »
top man  ;D ;D

jouk45

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 07:39:21 pm »
well done ian for jumping to this young lads aid, this happened to one of my drivers a few years ago, a mars bar brought him back, i had never heard of a diabetic that had to have sugar, he was bright as a button after a few nibbles,

rz

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 07:42:14 pm »
well done mate.... your a hero ;D

Neil

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 07:47:58 pm »
Top Man!! You should be proud.

trevor perry

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 07:52:20 pm »
well done mate, my own son is a diabetic the condition he had is called an hypo and happens if their blood sugar runs too low, my own son is 11 now and controls his sugar levels really well but when he was diagnosed at 2 years old we did have a couple of frightening moments.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 07:54:35 pm »
Good going ian, you'll be up for a medal and letters after your name
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Window Washers

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 07:55:20 pm »
well done mate, my own son is a diabetic the condition he had is called an hypo and happens if their blood sugar runs too low, my own son is 11 now and controls his sugar levels really well but when he was diagnosed at 2 years old we did have a couple of frightening moments.
Sorry to here your Son has this Trevor..

does your son have a necklace ? I will know know when I see this necklace again that it means (or I think it means) insulin dependant diabetic. If you know what the full meaning is could you let me know as will never forget it...

Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Window Washers

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 07:56:11 pm »
Good going ian, you'll be up for a medal and letters after your name
I have letters after my name (some are banned on this forum)
but the other one is wc  ;D

trevor perry

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 08:03:25 pm »
Sorry to here your Son has this Trevor..

does your son have a necklace ? I will know know when I see this necklace again that it means (or I think it means) insulin dependant diabetic. If you know what the full meaning is could you let me know as will never forget it...

Ian
no he doesnt have the necklace because as you noted not many would know what it meant unless they where medical staff, we always make sure he carries some glucose tablets with him and takes regular checks on his blood sugar because he has had the importance of this drummed into him from an early age he is very consistant so he very rarely suffers from hypos except from occasionally at night when he is asleep.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Dean Taberner

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 08:08:11 pm »
Excellent,

Well done Ian,

Dean
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2009, 08:10:31 pm »
well done mate.I wouldn't have known what was up with him.

Ian W

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 08:18:16 pm »
Well done Ian!  :)
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2009, 08:27:11 pm »
Good job he hit the hedge too or you both may have been dead
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

concept

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2009, 08:55:16 pm »
top job ian, well done! in those situations, you either do, or don't, and you did...top man.

many would panic, but you clearly didnt.

try to focus on the outcome not the run up to the event.

all the best,

si

Sean Dyer

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2009, 09:06:34 pm »
nice one ian!!

my dads missus has this bad, sometimes in the night she is stumbling round the house not making sense my dad has to give her a needle shot of something when she really bad as sugar wont work fast enough!!

But well done!

ps i remember working in a shop and the owner was diabetic and one night closing up we had been there really late and id never seen him hypo but as hed not eaten he started going funny and repeating everything i said, took him about an hour to eat something and come round!!

mark dew

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2009, 09:14:22 pm »
Good karma.
And all because the man loves...... no not that one - works in the rain.  :)

LWC

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2009, 09:19:24 pm »
Nice one, but did he get you another drink?

Window Washers

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2009, 09:35:01 pm »
Nice one, but did he get you another drink?
no he collapsed on the floor could not really ask him to buy me another, then again if I did he would have repeated it to me bless him, in a selffish way I am glad he hit the hedge, or there would have been a right mess as was wet and van against a very small little car there would have been alot worse and I would have been his next hit 2 secs litratly earlier I would have been in a headon again going about 60 and what that would have done to my back I shudder to think.

At least hes ok and his car can be replaced  ;D

Ian

jouk45

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2009, 10:47:47 pm »
and are they aloud to drive with this condition? or was this someone who just neglected there medication,