This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

master cleaner

Transit Van Battery
« on: November 14, 2009, 03:35:23 pm »
hi ive got a transit van and have connected a van mount to the battery which is situated under the seat but when we went to connect to the battery there were 2 batteries , my question is does anyone know why the transit has 2 batteries , my mates has got 2 batteries as well.

im puzzled
??????  :o :o :o

thanx
gary

Steve CM

Re: Transit Van Battery
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 03:46:22 pm »
mine is an ex bt transit and i thought it was for all the xtra power they used in the back. I didn't realize all transits had a dual pack

i wouldn't moan though as you'll have more life and will be a lot more trustworthy having the pump running for longer

jonnyald

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 03:47:23 pm »
right from back in the 1970s diesel tranys have often had 2 batteries . the draw on the starter motors high  and having 2 means easy starting always

concept

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 04:08:29 pm »
seriously?!

wheres the 2nd situated?!

dont tell me i have that 110a thing that i keep worrying about charging, for no reason!!!

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 04:12:36 pm »
The 2 batteries are both under the drivers seat.
Answer to the first question...just connect to one of the batteries, doesn't matter which one but remember to put a fuse into the positive line you connect.

Slash

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 08:43:20 am »
I have an 04 model and there is one big battery,I have a split relay running to the van mount battery in the back but still gets run down and need charging ???

Window Washers

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 08:46:30 am »
mine is an ex bt transit and i thought it was for all the xtra power they used in the back. I didn't realize all transits had a dual pack

i wouldn't moan though as you'll have more life and will be a lot more trustworthy having the pump running for longer
I dont think they all have a dual battery pack in them, ex bt is because of the amount of lights it has in the back and trhe cab I recon
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

perfectpanesplymouth

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 09:04:23 am »
dual battery pack is an optional extra ;)

master cleaner

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 05:40:50 pm »
thanx for the replies

gary