This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The Jester of Wibbly

Re: non paying domestics
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2009, 01:11:12 pm »
and on another note, If i have a bad payer, I always post a new invoice with a late payment charge added to it to cover my extra collection costs.  I always put in the letter if they pay within 7 days, I will let them off the late payment charge.

Tried this twice now, and both times got the result paid.  Also stopped doing there windows too. 
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Sean Dyer

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2009, 01:13:03 pm »
maybe u should start another thread sean given the title of this thread.most ive ever wrote off is £20! ;D ;Dno commercial for me.ill stick to less money/less hassle! ;D ;Dbetter cashflow

ive wrote off more than £20 on domestics too :)

Richard Holt

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2009, 03:57:00 pm »
I'll clean twice without payment, then they get a visit on their doorstep, if they still don't pay they get a letter.
If they still ignore my requests for payment they are issued with a "7 day notice", then after the seven days if they haven't paid they are taken to the small claims court.
I'm just going through the courts at the moment to collect a £20 debt, so now that £20 has now increased to £50 because of court costs and admin fees.
Stupid really, but I wont let people get away with trying to rip me off! >:(

All of my custies are great payers, but every now and again you do pick one up that's a pain in the ass, and they wonder why they can never keep a w/c?? (pr1cks!!!)

Sean Dyer

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2009, 03:58:43 pm »
I'll clean twice without payment, then they get a visit on their doorstep, if they still don't pay they get a letter.
If they still ignore my requests for payment they are issued with a "7 day notice", then after the seven days if they haven't paid they are taken to the small claims court.
I'm just going through the courts at the moment to collect a £20 debt, so now that £20 has now increased to £50 because of court costs and admin fees.

All of my custies are great payers, but every now and again you do pick one up that's a pain in the ass, and they wonder why they can never keep a w/c?? (pr1cks!!!)

thats daft mate

why??

id only go through courts if cost effective!

martinsadie

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2009, 04:01:17 pm »
even when you get your £20 the time spent wouldnt be worth the hassle of court

Steve CM

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2009, 04:01:29 pm »
i have written off about 2k this year, and i think i've got about another 500 that will have to do the same. There is only so much you can do without giving yourself a heart attack ::)

andyjm1

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2009, 04:03:24 pm »
For those who leave SAE's do you provide a stamp ?

I am going to leave SAE's and provide BACS details - but i don't see why i should provide the stamp

Darran

It wouldn't be an SAE without a stamp on it, just an AE  ;D ;D ;D

Steve CM

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2009, 04:05:14 pm »

I am going to leave SAE's and provide BACS details - but i don't see why i should provide the stamp

Darran

It wouldn't be an SAE without a stamp on it, just an AE  ;D ;D ;D

it would

self
addressed
envelope

;D

martinsadie

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2009, 04:05:33 pm »

why should they post it  ;D

Sean Dyer

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2009, 04:08:37 pm »
i have written off about 2k this year, and i think i've got about another 500 that will have to do the same. There is only so much you can do without giving yourself a heart attack ::)

In domestic??

martinsadie

« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2009, 04:12:00 pm »
how do you collect,if you dont go knocking on thurs and fri you need to start

Sean Dyer

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2009, 04:15:23 pm »
he waits for cheques..... sae's  i think

This is why i collect domestics and probably always will for indefinte future

some big ones post or pay online

alot pay for a few upfront but mostly probably 80 % i get as i go or collect

at least its straight in my bank and not theres!!!!

dai

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2009, 04:18:52 pm »
I have dumped a few bad payers, it's always the same ones that I have to chase up, not worth the hassle.
I just hate it when I know 100% that they are in but won't answer the door.
It's the same ones that do this too, blind and cutain drawers are the worst culprits. some times you just block their drive in the morning before they go to work, then they have to come looking for you. "sorry I knocked and got no answer and thought you were out".

Richard Holt

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2009, 04:19:29 pm »

thats daft mate

why??

Its more the principle of it.
They ask you to do a job for them and then they try to stiff you for the money!

If all your attempts to collect fail you right it off??? That's daft!

And besides, its no hassle for me, they pay the costs not me.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2009, 04:22:32 pm »
o right...

thought you said it costs you £50 ?

Richard Holt

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2009, 04:26:31 pm »
o right...

thought you said it costs you £50 ?

;D

paulben

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2009, 08:20:20 pm »
Went back to collect my money I was on about earlier daughter opens door and I says has your mum left some money out for me .she says yes  ( long silence)     do you want me to get it  .Thick or what .
Had prob with a dentists practice I do got fed up waiting for money so went in when I knew they were busy and asked for money infront of patients . They pay up a bit quicker now.
Do not steal the government hates competition

Gaby P.

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2009, 08:24:57 pm »
Went back to collect my money I was on about earlier daughter opens door and I says has your mum left some money out for me .she says yes  ( long silence)     do you want me to get it  .Thick or what .
Had prob with a dentists practice I do got fed up waiting for money so went in when I knew they were busy and asked for money infront of patients . They pay up a bit quicker now.

;D

Window Washers

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2009, 09:55:58 pm »
I bet you caqnnot wait till your next check up, you will go in like this ....>> ;D

and come out like this .....>>>>>  :D
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

mark dew

« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2009, 11:19:27 pm »

thats daft mate

why??

I have written money off when i've felt sorry for them but as a general rule i go down the money claim route. It's an upfront payment, but the cost gets added onto the debt owed to me. So the costs will come back.
It depends on their background with me, but not getting paid is just like someone taking money out my back pocket. They have stolen my time and therefore my money.
The stress for me comes with knowing that someone ain't gonna pay. Once i've actually done the moneyclaim thing, the stress pretty much disappears.