Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ptwt

To those guys who employ
« on: November 13, 2009, 11:26:16 pm »
Just a quick question if it costs you £10 per hour (total cost including employers national insurance and other costs averaged out) to employ someone how much would you expect that person to bring in per hour realistically?
 I don't believe any employee would work as hard as i do but would it be realistic to expect an employee to bring in £20 for the business at a total cost of £10 pounds, would this be about right or should i aim higher or lower.

kordun

Re: To those guys who employ
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 11:41:02 pm »
my boss charges around £40 per hour and pays me £12ph

mci services

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 11:52:47 pm »
Just a quick question if it costs you £10 per hour (total cost including employers national insurance and other costs averaged out) to employ someone how much would you expect that person to bring in per hour realistically?
 I don't believe any employee would work as hard as i do but would it be realistic to expect an employee to bring in £20 for the business at a total cost of £10 pounds, would this be about right or should i aim higher or lower.

yes well mine does most of the time

ptwt

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 11:54:17 pm »

yes well mine does most of the time

sorry can you elaborate

mci services

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 12:04:01 am »
not really its early days but on a whole its upped my hourly rate but its taken about three months to get there, and because my worker is only 17 i dont need the whole tenner to cover costs, but i agree with your thinking and if you ask me again in a few months time i will have broken down costs etc.

sorry i know your looking for answers but i just went for it and hoped for the best

Sean Dyer

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 01:15:53 pm »
for a full time employee i would expect there turnover to be somewhere as a minimum at £1000

this depends on your costs and pricing but that taking everything into consideration ie employee costs , equipment , fuel , vans , holidays,

would be the minimum i could see being worth the hassle

so could they realistically do that week in week out

you cant really stop in the rain when paying wages unless you want a more stressful life!!

trevor perry

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 05:25:38 pm »
for a full time employee i would expect there turnover to be somewhere as a minimum at £1000

this depends on your costs and pricing but that taking everything into consideration ie employee costs , equipment , fuel , vans , holidays,

you cant really stop in the rain when paying wages unless you want a more stressful life!!
you must have really well priced work if your employees are turning over £1000 a week each.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

david thomas

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 05:43:18 pm »
I would think around 35% profit I will be taking on a full time man on in Jan

ronnie paton

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 06:29:14 pm »
trev my team (two guys) do around double that but i wouldnt say they would not say they need to do that has minimum.

some days i earn a little of them some i earn a lot but employing is the biggest ead ache iv ever had.

i would say try it but if you arent making a good butty its not worth the hassle.

but trev you are a good example that it can work and maybe one day you can give me some tips

Mr Bungalow

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 06:41:52 pm »
If I were you I'd aim a lot higher than that if you are going to employ someone as you also have other expenses to deal with as well as employing someone.

Mr Bungalow.
www.mrbungalow.co.uk

Sean Dyer

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 06:42:20 pm »

you must have really well priced work if your employees are turning over £1000 a week each.

I have only got a part time employee but i have worked out for myself that i would need that kind of money to make it worthwhile !

Not much less anyway !!

ptwt

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 08:47:08 pm »
thanks for the answers so far guys, one guy said to aim for 35% profit any one else think differently to this?

Sean Dyer

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2009, 09:07:26 pm »
higher than a £1000??? per employee?

that for me ron?

no not more, but not much less!!

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2009, 02:14:45 am »

IMO if you are paying out £10 per hour for him, he should be bringing in £25-£30 pounds.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

trevor perry

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2009, 08:28:25 am »
thanks for the answers so far guys, one guy said to aim for 35% profit any one else think differently to this?
that is a good profit rate to go for, with window cleaning this is easily achievable with other types of cleaning you may struggle to get that sort of profit, this is i feel the main problem at the moment for window cleaners we have many posts talking about ones undercutting and now with wfp i feel window cleaning is wide open to price cutting as many or willing to work for profit margins much less than 35%.
  To give you an example we recently got one job industrial cleaning and we where more expensive than other qoutes but our profit margin on the job is about 10% so i dont know how low theres would be we where up against firms that could easily finanance a fleet of window cleaners and i think it is only a matter of time before firms like this move into the domestic market and undercut substantially i know it has already happened on many commercial jobs.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Sean Dyer

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2009, 08:56:00 am »
i find the same

i quoted a job last week a huge leisure centre, wants  cleaning for the most part weekly :o

I reckon some contrat cleaner is gonna go in at about £11 an hour

mine is nowhere near that probably double at least as it is for doing early morning late evening and is regular money

but its hard to compete with that on my own as i dont have the resources to work for such a low amount!!

even with staff that is too low when you take into account the over heads involved in running window cleaning operations, its much more than contracts as generally you have to provide vans systems etc

contract cleaning they make there own way and you provide a vac some mr musle and bin bags! trouble is the contract cleaners view window cleaning the same and thats why they get ot wrong and do a crap job!!!
Alot of theses national companies do this as they are primarily contract cleaners/fm'ers