This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Frankybadboy

what do you guys make of this
« on: November 13, 2009, 05:47:25 pm »
http://theexteriorcleaningco.co.uk/ClaireClean.aspx

the quote.
If you already have a window cleaning service we can beat the price by 20% (proof of current cost will be required for discount to be given).

how would you feel if you where a local cleaner and know that this is goin on in your area :o :o :o

cozy

Re: what do you guys make of this
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 06:03:20 pm »
To tell the truth, I wouldn't be too worried. I have loyal custies and all that. Have to admit though, their website looks ok. It looks like a couple working different parts of one biz to me. Pretty good galarie pics. They near you Franky?

jeff1

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 06:03:34 pm »
The truth is non of us would like it but its business at the end of the day, we see lots of adverts on TV saying they will beat others prices.

Oh that reminds me I see she has a wheelie bin cleaning service and a ??

Quote.
We also have a bin numbering service for people that sign up to our wheelie bin cleaning service and this costs just £1.00 for each single number, e.g. number 1 will cost just £1.00, number 12 will cost just £2.00 and number 127 will cost just £3.00 and so on, this is use full as it helps us and you easily identify your wheelie bin.

Well I'll beat this price by 50% and you don't need proof and you don't have to sign up for my wheelie bin cleaning service because I don't have the wheelie bin cleaning side  ;D ;D

stephen s

Re: what do you guy make of this
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 06:08:58 pm »
Ive heard from other window cleaners in the area that if they see you cleaning windows they wait until you have gone and approach the customer with 20% offer

I have a lot of work in that area but I'm not bothered because I know I provide the best possible service to my customers,  true I may lose a couple to the other's tactics but I also measure my own success by customer feedback which is excellent and its nice to get calls from people for quotes and saying I come highly recommended.

I value my business and my customers good custom so good communication and customer service is a priority for me and something which seems to have been well worth it with quite a few customers from different area's telling me they have had lots of flyers and canvassers knocking with all telling them they were more than happy with their current window cleaner

but as I say there are plenty of newbies out there so the customers have more choice than ever, so good customer service is vital.

amayze

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 06:10:45 pm »
Give yourself a receipt for cleaning at £4, then get her to do your windows for £3.20, then find 20 friends & family and give them similar reciepts !!!!

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 06:25:46 pm »
That looks like a 1000 litre IBC,.. and I don't even see straps!

Frankybadboy

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 06:27:35 pm »
That looks like a 1000 litre IBC,.. and I don't even see straps!
sorry mr jones.have i missed something

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 06:28:00 pm »
The video,....

krave

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 06:38:52 pm »
Terms and conditions for our Free gift
To qualify for a FREE gift the new customer must be generated through this website so upon contacting us tell us that you have seen our Free gift offer on our websit, a Free gift will only be given to people that do become a customer and not for people which have only contacted us for more info on our services, the new customer can be for any of our services subject to the relevent terms for that service, eg a 12 clean service for wheelie bin cleaning or a 6 clean window cleaning contract or a patio cleaned and so on.  All Free gifts listed above are ex stock from a shop we had, the shop has now been shut down.  No free gift has a cash alternative under any sercomstances. lol.

Every 50th customer gets a tower fan or chrome floor fan. Then the 250th get a air con unit as does the 500th.

Obviously just started!!

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 06:40:33 pm »
Gorr! She looked like a big girl!! I bet all that pole work makes her a devil in the sack lol

TC1

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 06:49:33 pm »
If her attention to detail in cleaning is the same as her spelling and grammar on her website, then I don't think anyone in her area has much to worry about! The video looks pretty rubbish too!

bobby p

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2009, 07:01:03 pm »
on the vid ,she looks muscley , a no nonsense type . probably handy with her fists too .     7/10  id give  ;D

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2009, 07:05:51 pm »
mates i wonder what else she does bet shes knackered when she gets home not much of a fight when shes in bed though

ftp

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2009, 08:10:09 pm »
What's a Bungerlow?

macmac

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2009, 09:14:28 pm »
& that's how not to do it! ;D no wonder people get runs/spots etc. Slap dash, very poor teqnique!!

krave

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2009, 10:11:27 pm »
& that's how not to do it! ;D no wonder people get runs/spots etc. Slap dash, very poor teqnique!!

Not saying what you are saying is wrong, But could you provide a couple of videos of good technique?

Not a video I would want advertising my business tbh, But in the same aspect we are all on here slating them, when they are trying to earn a living. I am not saying there ethics are right tho.

macmac

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2009, 10:28:39 pm »

Not saying what you are saying is wrong, But could you provide a couple of videos of good technique?

Not a video I would want advertising my business tbh, But in the same aspect we are all on here slating them, when they are trying to earn a living. I am not saying there ethics are right tho.

No, I don't need to, I also can't be arsed but take it from me, she is not good! neither is her equipment. That may be why she needs to offer a 20% discount!  :D

krave

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2009, 10:30:31 pm »
I wasnt saying it was wrong, nore trying to challenge you opinion, I believe you. I just havent used Wfp and am about to start (just waiting on a pole and a few little things for my setup) And would like to start learning before I am out on my own. So thought a video would be good.

macmac

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2009, 10:45:46 pm »
I wasnt saying it was wrong, nore trying to challenge you opinion, I believe you. I just havent used Wfp and am about to start (just waiting on a pole and a few little things for my setup) And would like to start learning before I am out on my own. So thought a video would be good.

I'm sure there are plenty of pro' videos on the net Krave. IMO she's too flicky with the brush near the top- getting water above where she's cleaned. Too fine jet spray with too much pressure (creates splashing). With that brush & jets water can go anywhere.

ronnie paton

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2009, 11:16:02 pm »
i have to say its ok to put someones down but if her results are good then she has it right, i do it different maybe different than some but just cause its not the same has osme doesnt  it doesnt work!