This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bobby p

squeegee rubber-somes crape
« on: November 13, 2009, 08:11:15 am »
few weeks ago ,i bought a few diffrent short lengths of diffrent makes of rubber .  i used one every few days and all seemed pretty much the same . but then i noticed the SYR rubber was leaving a trace on the glass ,a film almost so hard to see but it left the glass almost as if oil was on it .  is some of this rubber made of silicone or something?.    i later looked at the diffrent bits of rubber once i got home and it looks as though the unger soft is made of something similar .  the ettore and the pulex standard look allrite though .

dazmond

Re: squeegee rubber-somes crape
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 08:23:24 am »
i use unger soft pre-cut{14in}.never had a problem.they usually last about a month with flipping them over and using the other side unless they get a nick in the rubber.im TRAD.is the rubber nice and clean?no nicks?u shouldnt have any problems.they do pre dust them to stop them rotting in storage with a talcum type powder.try wiping the blade down a few times with a damp cloth.should cure it!

best wishes dazmond
price higher/work harder!

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 09:24:23 am »
i was a injection moulding machine setter using rubber and we made a lot of squeegee rubber for some well known companys .
the rubber normally used in this production is the left overs from bigger products just so it gets used up rather than wasted .
the rubber compound is in diffrent hardness for a soft blade a 25 epdm rubber is the normal 1 to be used , for hard it was 50 epdm being used .
but there was times when both the 25 & 50 epdm rubber would be fed into the machince at the same time so the quality isnt as good .
some blades are diped in a silacone dip before being packed and this leaves the rubber looking shiney and can cause a film to be left on the glass until the silacone wears off the blade , you can use vineger to remove this just wipe with a cloth .
imo the best quality rubber that is being used on blades is the wagtail rubber as this can not be mixed with any other types as its a red rubber and theres only 1 hardness of red rubber .
other methods of production of a product can allso make a slight diffrance , copression will give a better edge on the blade and feel slightly harder , extrusion will 99% of the time give same quality .
where theres muck theres money

Tosh

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 10:10:45 am »
imo the best quality rubber that is being used on blades is the wagtail rubber as this can not be mixed with any other types as its a red rubber and theres only 1 hardness of red rubber .

Yes, I found that; it lasts for ages!  Right up till I left my wagtail and pole in some shop and someone nicked it!

What's 'extrusion'?

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 10:17:28 am »
!

What's 'extrusion'?
extrusion is where you can keep the product coming out in 1 continuios piece until you cut it . when you buy wagtail rubber it comes in 3 mtr lenghs thats been do on extruder .
where theres muck theres money

windolene

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 05:04:38 pm »
Hi,

Putting an ettore, pulux or SYR into an Unger channell will not give as good as a clean as an Unger rubber as the unger rubber & channel is shorter in height compared to the others.   The other rubbers will be to high in the Unger  channel causing drag which results in a haze being left.

Kevin WINDOLENE

bobplum

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 09:52:33 pm »
few weeks ago ,i bought a few diffrent short lengths of diffrent makes of rubber .  i used one every few days and all seemed pretty much the same . but then i noticed the SYR rubber was leaving a trace on the glass ,a film almost so hard to see but it left the glass almost as if oil was on it .  is some of this rubber made of silicone or something?.    i later looked at the diffrent bits of rubber once i got home and it looks as though the unger soft is made of something similar .  the ettore and the pulex standard look allrite though .
this happened to me this week
bought some syr from a janitoril place in chester for two days i thought i was going out of mind seeing this oily film appearing then disappearing
good tip about the vinegar on the other post
bob ;D