This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pingu

Be thankfull For life.
« on: November 13, 2009, 07:10:25 am »
Hi all...I am writing this as unfortunatly my dog was knocked down by a car yesterday evening and he died as a result of his injuries.

Now 'Emir' was such a major part of my life he was trained to Dutch Police standards for protection work....and enjoyed nothing as much as chasing someone with a sleeve on and bringing them down..straight afterwards he would glady accept fuss from that same person.

Always a pain in the arse, always begging for fuss and attention..the trouble was that he never thought he was a dog but a hairy little boy.

Now for anyone who owns or has owned a dog..you'll know

We trained and lived as a team..you'll know that the passing can be devasting....

So I know he was a dog but he was my dog and I was his...be thankfull for eveything you have got...take a few moments to realise this ...

R.I.P EMIR

Ian W

Re: Be thankfull For life.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 07:15:24 am »
Sorry to hear that. I can understand the devastation you must be feeling right now.
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

TC1

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 07:27:01 am »
Gutted for you fella :'(  I'm dreading the day my boxer goes, we've had him since 8 weeks and he's now nearly 8 years and he really is our 1st born despite having 2 kids since! I suppose the best thing to do is think of all the "good times"

Tony

windolene

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 07:29:06 am »
Hi,

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Ringo my Jack Russell died this time last year, he was out with me on a daily basis, customers used to look forward to seeing him. They would always greet him & ask how he was doing. As for me I was invisible.

Kevin WINDOLENE.

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 07:30:14 am »
Sorry to hear that Pingu..........and you started off Monday morning on such a positive note. Try and keep your chin up mate  ;)

Craig 72

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 07:31:52 am »
Sorry mate.People who have never had dogs will never understand how close you get to them.It's like losing a member of the family when they go.

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 07:38:42 am »
Sorry about your dog...but what has it got to do with window cleaning?

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 07:44:02 am »
Realy sorry to hear that Pingu, been around dogs all my life and I know what you mean, they are not just an animal, they are a big part of the family.

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 07:45:02 am »
I just knew somebody would say that. Have a heart mate.  ::) and mods......be nice ;)

Andy@w.c.s

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 09:20:15 am »
sorry mate
we lost our girl over two years a go two days before we went on hoilday and still miss her  :'(she was only 7 and had cancer broke my bloody hart at the time

paulben

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 09:26:55 am »
sorry about dog there a part of family lost my gsd last year at 13 so she had a good inings but still miss her
Do not steal the government hates competition

Tosh

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2009, 10:08:17 am »
Sorry about your loss, Pingu; I've got one of those 'hairy little boys' too; and they're just like that.

I love my dog more than I love Wor Lass!

lcwalker

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2009, 11:01:08 am »
Very sorry to hear about your dog, i have a jack russell who is 3 but his brother got knocked over by a trator when he was just 1.We do our best to look after them and then something like this happens.I had a cat 6 years it was only the 2nd time it had been left out all night and she got knocked over and after a £350 vet bill she had to be put down she was our first pet, but you do start to get over it in time, times a great healer.

dd

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2009, 12:32:16 pm »
Sorry to hear your news. At least you gave the dog a good life. Just recently got back from a 2 hour dog walk as it is raining here. Dogs are nicer than a lot of people and often bring out peoples better nature.

Andy@w.c.s

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2009, 01:10:11 pm »
 Dogs are nicer than a lot of people and often bring out peoples better nature.

you are so right ! ;D

johnmaggy

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2009, 02:52:57 pm »
Sorry to hear of your loss, we r dreading the day she goes...

wizard

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2009, 07:38:21 pm »
Sorry Mate for your loss they are such good friends.Give more than they take. Cheers to your good mate .

pingu

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2009, 07:41:37 pm »
Thank you all so much for you words of kindness...

Work today was a blur...I took an hour/ish to do a place I normally do in about 25minutes..and I missed the toilet window...

Again thank you all so much..tommorow you'll be back in my bad books...but today you are KINGS.

Cheers
Dave.

bravo20

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2009, 07:59:33 pm »
Sorry to hear of your loss, we have lost a couple of pets in the past, both cats but i think we all feel the same. The following is a signature from a member on another forum I use and I think it fits the situation:

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am!

Take heart in the fact that you gave him the friendship he deserved and you'll always have great memories.

kenaltobelli

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2009, 08:03:45 pm »
not much i can say but sorry for you mate;
had one dog for 17 years that was hard to say goodby :'(