This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike55

Conservatory Quote
« on: November 12, 2009, 09:26:02 pm »
Right chaps, priced up a conservatory clean today...... custy was out and rang me this evening for the quote.  He wanted the whole outside cleaned top to bottom.  Roof, plus gutters cleared and cleaned, all plastics and windows.

It is a good sized connie (house is a 4 bed detatched).  Gave him a price of £70 and he shrieked - said he'll get his son to do it instead.

This is only the second one I've had to quote on..... was my price too steep?  Don't want to price too high and turn away work.  I was working off the assumption it would take me 2-3 hours (trad).

Central Window Cleaners

Re: Conservatory Quote
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 09:31:16 pm »
No you are not to expensive, some people think just cos we are a window cleaner we should do these jobs for peanuts.

I did one today sounds about the same size as that for £120 and she snapped my hand of and has already booked again for next year.

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 09:44:38 pm »
Never tell them the price over the phone. You cant give them the 'sell' that way.

I wouldnt expect to get half the gutter or conservatory cleans I do if I gave the price over the phone.

chopsie

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 09:50:24 pm »
i priced up 2 using methods suggested on this site.i just priced con roofs and priced it at £5 per panel.got one others thinking about it,
chopsie

Mike55

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 09:51:25 pm »
Never tell them the price over the phone. You cant give them the 'sell' that way.

I wouldnt expect to get half the gutter or conservatory cleans I do if I gave the price over the phone.

Hi Matt,

went to price the job but custy was out.  They then rang me in the evening so put me on the spot slightly....I'll take that advice on board though.  Out of interest do you think my price was too much?

jeff1

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 10:05:54 pm »
No your price wasn't to much Mike if anything for a conny that size it was very cheap.

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 10:13:23 pm »

Hi Matt,

went to price the job but custy was out.  They then rang me in the evening so put me on the spot slightly....I'll take that advice on board though.  Out of interest do you think my price was too much?

I'd say it wasnt over the top, £70 for what youve described would probably cover the smallest of conservatories, so long as it wasnt just a lean-to. A nice 5M X 4M conservatory would come in at something along the lines of £100 to £120 depending on circumstances, like how brave you were feeling, if it was sunny and how big her baps were  ;D

If he rang you that sounds like someone who has concerns over the cost so just one that wasnt likely to be going anywhere anyway.

Mr Bungalow

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 10:25:37 pm »
Your price definitely wasn't too steep, as I have done a lot of conservatory cleans.  In fact I can tell you that for me was to cheap, the last time I did a conservatory clean complete external I charged £185.00 and customer just about snapped my hand off.  Just keep working at it you will soon get customers that are willing to pay well for good workmanship. :)