Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mr Bungalow

Re: Eyeballed by another Window cleaner.
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2009, 10:30:56 pm »
The reason your getting that is, they think your on their patch and think your going to steal their customers from them.  You just need to ignore them, their not worth even worrying about.

Also take a look at my article on page 5 of the window talk magazine from the FWC see link below;

http://www.nfmwgc.com/window_talk_magazine.htm.

kind regards.

Window Washers

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2009, 10:36:05 pm »
The reason your getting that is, they think your on their patch and think your going to steal their customers from them.  You just need to ignore them, their not worth even worrying about.

Also take a look at my article on page 5 of the window talk magazine from the FWC see link below;

http://www.nfmwgc.com/window_talk_magazine.htm.

kind regards.
Your now that fame seeking bb star that I cant remember the name of are you ? I looked at the pdf on page 5 and was about ladders with a smiling star ex bb house mate.

Ian

p.s I do have to admire you if not you him for flogging this horse this much, next he will get an mbe

p.p.s the article is on page 2 of the pdf download

direct link: http://www.nfmwgc.com/documents/Window_Talk_Oct_Pages_09.PDF
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2009, 11:03:32 pm »
You should write some more stuff bungy.Do an article on the changing nature of the business, how someone starting now typicaly has a far more spread out round, cleans on longer frequencys, and the idea of a patch is dying out.

Liked the photo but they probably wont print the same one again so send in a different one

Window Washers

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2009, 11:10:05 pm »
You should write some more stuff bungy.Do an article on the changing nature of the business, how someone starting now typicaly has a far more spread out round, cleans on longer frequencys, and the idea of a patch is dying out.

Liked the photo but they probably wont print the same one again so send in a different one
Maybe I should send them a letter  :-\
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

EZclean

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2009, 11:28:13 pm »
all the lads who live in our area are friendly to each other ,its the outsiders from Burnley and Rochdale that give the stares ,although i have got on speaking terms with a 3 man team from Burnley

thats Burnleyer's. generally go around just staring..... nowt compared to Colner's  :o
EZclean - Cleaner Than Water

Dean Taberner

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2009, 11:42:26 pm »
gazza,

cracking post,

Just laugh to yourself and enjoy pal,

Dean

Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

colley614

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2009, 12:22:41 am »
My area is bad for this patch thing. The bulk of window cleaners in my area have a hoody and tracksuit boots on. They also charge absolutely buttons which is killing the trade

Neil271052

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2009, 09:31:24 am »
I think it must be different for different areas of the country , without exception every window cleaner i have seen near me has at least waved an acknoledgement and most stop and chat - i am from Surrey.

Surrey too and have found the same thing.

We're nice around here :)
Cheers,
Neil

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2009, 09:50:58 am »
The UK is my patch keep out, all the windows are mine to clean
lol
Darren
Hope you have all the correct licenses for each area of Scotland. ;D ;D ;D

Londoner

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2009, 10:09:12 am »
Most of the blokes round here are pretty friendly. Its usually the strangers that won't make eye contact.

When I first got my WFP setup loads of WCs stopped to chat and have a look. Some even wanted a go!

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2009, 10:11:16 am »
I think it must be different for different areas of the country , without exception every window cleaner i have seen near me has at least waved an acknoledgement and most stop and chat - i am from Surrey.
I'm in surrey too matt. What areas do ya cover? Go within 10 miles of "my patch  >:( " and i'll stop and chat to ya. Won't be nice tho  ;D I'm only jokin Matt. I would never do such a thing. I still got my tag on  8)

Oi !!  Surrey is my patch too.  And West Sussex.  Hands off !!
Seriously though, I've never had a problem witrh other window cleaners.  Some say it's because I'm built like a brick outhouse but I'm sure it's nothing to do with that really.  Plenty of room for peaceful co-existence.  I'm on at least nodding terms with most and some I have a laugh with.  The few who have been standoffish, I imagine are newer guys who don't yet know the score.

Tosh

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2009, 10:13:01 am »
I had a few problems with two other window cleaners when I first started up, but some of that was my own fault; I'm a real wind up merchant.

But they're a freindly bunch around the South East Wales area; some of them aren't the sharpest tools in the box; but they're a decent lot on the whole.

DaveG

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2009, 10:14:20 am »
I always make a point to stop and chat to other window cleaners..helps to break the ice..and most are fine, they prob think the same as we do!!

You can't polish a turd

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2009, 10:14:58 am »
you want try working round wigan area greater manchester most are neandathol types plenty of threats on the phone but most dont got a spine back it up

An ID parade at the Stretford End will soon weed them out.

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2009, 10:18:18 am »
My area is bad for this patch thing. The bulk of window cleaners in my area have a hoody and tracksuit boots on. They also charge absolutely buttons which is killing the trade

I see you're from Lancs.  This "patch" stuff does seem to be more of a northern thing.  I've been window cleaning in Surrey/Sussex for 18 years and have never yet come across it.

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2009, 02:26:37 pm »
I bumped into an ex workmate this morning and I was telling him that I was a window cleaner now, he turned round and said you best watch and not go onto some one elses patch  ::)

I then had a good chat with another local cleaner who was working on the same street, he gave me some more advice of possible places to try and he even asked for one of my flyers.

It seems to be in the mind of the genral public more than any window cleaner

Bingweed

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2009, 03:12:40 pm »
I was out canvasing in the day and a widow cleaner who must do some of the street must have been told I was canvasing, as I was walking back up the hill I noticed him putting his ladders back on his car. I thought great I can have a chat about windows. He starred at me with hand on hips until I got close and then got in his car, I smiled and he glared at me so I thought sod im. I then was put in a good mood as he reversed up the street along side me doing the macho bit. Unfortunately for him it came across so funny it put a smile on my face for the rest of the day. I'm not a git and if he'd talked to me I would gladly have left that street to him, now howether my back is up.     Sorry for misspells.

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2009, 03:19:50 pm »
I was out canvasing in the day and a widow cleaner who must do some of the street must have been told I was canvasing, as I was walking back up the hill I noticed him putting his ladders back on his car. I thought great I can have a chat about windows. He starred at me with hand on hips until I got close and then got in his car, I smiled and he glared at me so I thought sod im. I then was put in a good mood as he reversed up the street along side me doing the macho bit. Unfortunately for him it came across so funny it put a smile on my face for the rest of the day. I'm not a git and if he'd talked to me I would gladly have left that street to him, now howether my back is up.     Sorry for misspells.

No Way would I stay out of any area or street because another cleaner has customers in it. You are trying to run a business, if a customer wants your service then that is all that matters, the guys I was talking to today are well established, they are a father and son team, the father been doing it 20 years and the son joined him this year. I wont go poaching customers off any cleaner, but if some one wants a window cleaner and they ask me, then great.

Xline Systems

« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2009, 04:13:26 pm »
i do the oposite i stop be nice then do my sales pitch and give them a card for xline ;D

JRDEasiReach

« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2009, 04:24:37 pm »
Nearly every estate i have customers in have at least 3 other window cleaners, nobody owns an area and i wish some of the general public would just realise that!!! gets my goat up severely oh and the 'oh that wfp is no good etc' balls :)
JRD Easi Reach
'The Ladderless Window Cleaning System'