Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

Eyeballed by another Window cleaner.
« on: November 12, 2009, 06:17:29 pm »
Why is it that other window cleaners eyeball me like they want to kill me?  ;)

I smile , nod or wave if i see another window cleaner, wether he eyballs me or not,

Yet on here , everyone is helpful and friendly.

Strange.

stfc

Re: Eyeballed by another Window cleaner.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 06:20:07 pm »
there scared of competition, and probely do a crap job

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 06:21:55 pm »
Because they are thick "my patchers"...  ::)
It's a game of three halves!

daz1977

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 06:25:28 pm »
ur on his patch  dont people realise that even thought they never bougth the area, or have a special licence, it is there patch and will be till the day they die, and if a custy decided they want a other wc, there will be blood in the streets lol

these people need to get  a life,  if your doing a good job,u should be ok, its crap window cleaners that have to worry,  its liek ice creams vans, they think they have got  patch  but its a free country

geefree

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 06:31:06 pm »
Strange game, especially when a customer rings , you quote, and clean...

normal.

i look at other window cleaners, to catch their eye, and to wave if im passing,

why cant everyone be like that, we could easily help each other,

luckily i have come across 3 0r 4 guys who have been really helpful....

and guess what... ;)

They originated from this forum. ;)

Rogue Trader

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 06:34:35 pm »
I think it must be different for different areas of the country , without exception every window cleaner i have seen near me has at least waved an acknoledgement and most stop and chat - i am from Surrey.

fergus77

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 06:44:10 pm »
it's crap some people have to put up with that,
every window cleaner i've met has been nothing but nice, always wave and if there's time for a chat, will chat the leg off a chair!! ;D ;D

makes doing this job all the more enjoyable

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 06:53:04 pm »
Just blow them a kiss, they'll stay well away after it.

As others have said they obviously feel threatend, doesn't matter what walk of life your in, there's  the good guys and then there's the pr*#ks

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 07:02:58 pm »
i usually nod and wave if driving along but if there on my patch i have a laugh and a joke with em!if ur doin a good job and are professional then theres nowt to worry about.ive got a WC near me who gives out my number if its near my work and vise versa.helps keep our work compact. ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 07:03:08 pm »
I think it must be different for different areas of the country , without exception every window cleaner i have seen near me has at least waved an acknoledgement and most stop and chat - i am from Surrey.
I'm in surrey too matt. What areas do ya cover? Go within 10 miles of "my patch  >:( " and i'll stop and chat to ya. Won't be nice tho  ;D I'm only jokin Matt. I would never do such a thing. I still got my tag on  8)

windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2009, 07:24:17 pm »
The UK is my patch keep out, all the windows are mine to clean
lol
Darren
---THE BEST YOU CAN GET---
www.windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

Mike #1

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2009, 07:29:44 pm »
there is one window cleaner in my area who always gives people odd looks and speaks reluctantly

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2009, 07:31:22 pm »
I find it's the custies that think cleaners have patches. I find when I'm out door knocking some one will tell you "cleaner X" does round here, I can take the no thanks or I've allready got a window cleaner, but when they imply I'm on some one elses patch it winds me up.

Doesn't put me off though, I normaly get the next house that answers.

martinsadie

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2009, 07:38:00 pm »
all the lads who live in our area are friendly to each other ,its the outsiders from Burnley and Rochdale that give the stares ,although i have got on speaking terms with a 3 man team from Burnley

Rogue Trader

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2009, 07:38:43 pm »
I'm in surrey too matt. What areas do ya cover? Go within 10 miles of "my patch  >:( " and i'll stop and chat to ya. Won't be nice tho  ;D I'm only jokin Matt. I would never do such a thing. I still got my tag on  8)

If you dare eyeball me and chat i will eyeball you back and chat!  Im from Redhill and cover Edenbridge To Effingham East to west and Purley to Charlwood North to south , where are you?

ian1972

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2009, 08:31:28 pm »
you want try working round wigan area greater manchester most are neandathol types plenty of threats on the phone but most dont got a spine back it up

Craig - CW Window Cleaning

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2009, 09:33:15 pm »
hello matt3, i used to window clean around redhill area do you see "Steve's window cleaning" I helped him when he broke his leg... falling off a ladder.
I used to live in Horley. and am now in cornwall
craig

matt

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2009, 10:00:21 pm »

I smile , nod or wave if i see another window cleaner, wether he eyballs me or not,

Strange.
]
its great isnt it

it makes my day when they give me the death stare  ::)

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2009, 10:09:07 pm »

If you dare eyeball me and chat i will eyeball you back and chat!  Im from Redhill and cover Edenbridge To Effingham East to west and Purley to Charlwood North to south , where are you?
I'm more Cheam, Wimbledon, Kingston, New Malden Matt........that's my 'hood. Don't anyone forget that  ;D

Steve CM

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2009, 10:24:58 pm »

Strange.

maybe you just have a face that looks like it wants a slap?  ;D ;D

only kidding.

I like the ones that come up and say how bad wfp is and that it can't work ::) i agree with them entirley thats why i use it ;)