This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

Well that's my week over
« on: November 12, 2009, 03:23:54 pm »
Weather forecast is terrible for tomorrow. I've just had the lowest takings in nearly three years  :o
Maybe I'll have to buy a wet suit and go round squirting windows next week.

Martin ccs

Re: Well that's my week over
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 03:29:19 pm »
hey an extra day off is always good.  ;)

gives you time to rest up and be ready for work next week.

i used to do window cleaning only and would have some bad weeks.

i started taking on cleaning jobs and now im busy as hell! which has its good points with money and stuff but on the down side with cleaning contracts theres no freedom with time and so on like window cleaning.

martinsadie

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 03:29:52 pm »
dont let it get you down,theres always next week,as long as the bills are covered just enjoy the day off,there again sometimes the forecast is wrong so you could be working

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 03:39:13 pm »
ive just got in.ive done 18hrs on the glass this week and done well!still going to try and work tomorrow.u no what weather forecasts are like ftp.a bit hit and miss.its just started raining hard here in manchester.i love that when ive got my target in for the the day!chin up!get some half days in and work in the rain all else ur business will go down the toilet!

best wishes dazmond
price higher/work harder!

ftp

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 03:44:52 pm »
Errm, 50mph gusts and torrential rain? Need a crash helmet tomorrow  ;D

Still, I'm sure my superlight pole will be fine at sixty feet.  ;)

pingu

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 03:47:41 pm »
Come on ftp a bit of a breeze and a splash of rain predicted and you're hiding under your bed...get a grip man...

I expect you out there at 06:00 sharp.

Tosh

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 04:46:12 pm »
It started chucking down this afternoon, so I headed to a large house where the customers have ALWAYS been out, and I thought I'd make this my last job of the day to hit a decent total.

Anyway, halfway through the clean I saw the customer through a window; Doh!

She didn't bat an eye-lid and it was chucking down!

EZclean

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 04:54:13 pm »
It started chucking down this afternoon, so I headed to a large house where the customers have ALWAYS been out, and I thought I'd make this my last job of the day to hit a decent total.

Anyway, halfway through the clean I saw the customer through a window; Doh!

She didn't bat an eye-lid and it was chucking down!

i hope she made you a brew
EZclean - Cleaner Than Water

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 05:23:13 pm »
Why didnt you book that upvc clean you got for tomorrow?

I got a gutter job yesterday, told her it would be better to do it tomorrow when it rains so I can check the joins for leaks.

lee_dewing

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 10:19:50 am »
i feel your pain ftp.

i keep thinking of trying to advertise a service i can earn some money on bad weather days.

basically thought of advertising the fact to my custies  that i also clean windows inside.

but offer this service as a seperate thing, i.e only do on crap days.

idea being inform everyone, take details of those intrested; put em on list and call them when weather goes wrong "hello Mrs smith, i've been rained off, are you in i can be there shortly to do inside"

don't know if this would work?
and what i should charge, inside cleans take nearly twice as long so double outside clean price,
would i get away with this.

i do a few inside jobs and hate not because of the work itself but because of the inconvience of having to make appointments with custy and how it throws my schedule out and i always seem out of pocket on a day where i've fitted in this work :(

what's anyone thoughts, ok idea, but not in pratice?
like eveyone i hate losing money.

if the above mentioned did work i don't think it would be huge money spinner but maybe it would help claw abit back.

lee :-\
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Tosh

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 10:22:32 am »
i do a few inside jobs and hate not because of the work itself but because of the inconvience of having to make appointments with custy and how it throws my schedule out and i always seem out of pocket on a day where i've fitted in this work :(

Lee, when a customer requests an inside clean, make sure you do them as your first job in the morning; say 9.00 am, and then it's not a problem.  Trying to schedule at job at say 2.10 pm is difficult, but first thing in the morning isn't a problem.

Tosh

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2009, 10:26:41 am »
And where's all this ruddy bad weather?  I was pretty sure it was meant to be in bad by now, so Wor Lass has planned my day for me.  We're off food shopping and then its down to Ikea since she wants a massive dining room table to sit everyone round for Christmas dinner; which I cook!  >:(

Ikea!!!!!!  Aaaaaarrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

DaveG

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2009, 10:34:07 am »
Why didnt you book that upvc clean you got for tomorrow?

I got a gutter job yesterday, told her it would be better to do it tomorrow when it rains so I can check the joins for leaks.

Brilliant mate!
You can't polish a turd

bobby p

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2009, 10:35:55 am »
ive done plenty of insides this year but iv never done any a second time . the reality is the windows are greasy with fAg-fug and  you mess up your scrim  .  im always glad if i see a grubby brown carpet as i step inside, no worries then if youv dragged in any doggy poo on your shoes ,  ;D ;D

matt

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2009, 10:42:40 am »
i dont mind this rain

as i am still struggling with working with my neck / back pain ( oh i forgot, its was just a compo thing  ::) )

at least my customers do not expect me in the rain ;)

i am off out to see pugsey bear in a bit with my 2 yr old

elite mike

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2009, 10:46:57 am »
long weekend for me to

pole maintenance and all that  ::) ;D

matt

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2009, 10:54:54 am »
long weekend for me to

we were planning a long weekend, as my daughter has a teacher training day on monday, it was either bultins or disneyland paris for the long weekend

its friday and butlins is booked solid ( which i thought strange, but it seems they have Mcfly live this weekend )
disneyland paris is working out a silly price, the eurostar seem to be charging silly money for the trip ( its cheaper to fly to paris airport ) infact its not far off the price to fly to orlando for the week and stay on disney, makes it seem very poor VFM

so looks like its a weekend of either a trip to london or just day trips out

mark dew

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2009, 10:57:10 am »
Matt, be careful you don't die of stress.  ;D

elite mike

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2009, 11:02:43 am »
long weekend for me to

we were planning a long weekend, as my daughter has a teacher training day on monday, it was either bultins or disneyland paris for the long weekend

its friday and butlins is booked solid ( which i thought strange, but it seems they have Mcfly live this weekend )
disneyland paris is working out a silly price, the eurostar seem to be charging silly money for the trip ( its cheaper to fly to paris airport ) infact its not far off the price to fly to orlando for the week and stay on disney, makes it seem very poor VFM

so looks like its a weekend of either a trip to london or just day trips out

book them into ruda, croyde matt

surfs going to be ballistic,

lee_dewing

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2009, 11:05:19 am »
Lee, when a customer requests an inside clean, make sure you do them as your first job in the morning; say 9.00 am, and then it's not a problem.  Trying to schedule at job at say 2.10 pm is difficult, but first thing in the morning isn't a problem.  

thanks tosh i do do this but say custy says next time do inside when will you be back, i give them a date (roughly) then they call and press where am i

i could be a week late due to weather then there out of schedule to rest of work in road gets on my t1ts.

tosh: where did u end up getting zen pole?

thanks lee
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle