Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

traps7

Pocket George & 64 bit Windows 7
« on: November 11, 2009, 10:54:42 pm »
Has anyone got Pocket George and 64 bit Windows 7 working together?

I cant get it to install. Keep getting errors.

No Palm will usb sync with any 64 bit version of windows.
I've just had to buy a Palm with blutooth because mine didn't have it and didnt fancy syncing via infrared.

I've emailed George support and am awaiting a reply. Just wondered if anyone else had come across this.

[GQC] Tim

Re: Pocket George & 64 bit Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 12:00:54 am »
Has anyone got Pocket George and 64 bit Windows 7 working together?

I cant get it to install. Keep getting errors.

No Palm will usb sync with any 64 bit version of windows.
I've just had to buy a Palm with blutooth because mine didn't have it and didnt fancy syncing via infrared.

I've emailed George support and am awaiting a reply. Just wondered if anyone else had come across this.

I've got 64bit Vista. Had to buy another palm with bluetooth too because Palm never released 64bit USB drivers.

It should work just fine. Pocket George and George works great on Vista 64, Win7 is pretty much the same under the hood. Try it with Bluetooth and syncronizing it and loading pocket george on it that way.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 08:45:59 am »
This is why I just have the full program on a laptop.
I don't know why everyone doesn't. ???

fergus77

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 09:40:15 am »
round maintenance is brill on pocket george, easy to use, save's prints outs flying round the van and updateing at the end of the day is easy.
Saves going through each job and inputting the clean/ missed (Due to rain  ;) )etc

Did that on WCP for my mate and used to take me about 45mins - 1hr  :o

South Coast Cleaning Services

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 12:18:31 pm »
round maintenance is brill on pocket george, easy to use, save's prints outs flying round the van and updateing at the end of the day is easy.
Saves going through each job and inputting the clean/ missed (Due to rain  ;) )etc

Did that on WCP for my mate and used to take me about 45mins - 1hr  :o

Isnt this thread about george so dont understand why wcp was brought into it, judging by your posts you seem to have a real issue with wcp which no one else does. Not sure why it would take you 45 mins to maintain your work, if you using the PDA its pretty much instant and if your using the end of day screen then it take no more than 5 mins

fergus77

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 01:34:53 pm »
i've no problems with WCP at all, used the program for a year and half with a mate.

Plus, my post mentioned maintaining cleans manually, not with the PDA and of course it wouldn't take 45mins to update through a PDA, thats not what i was saying

traps7

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 02:06:14 pm »
Hey come on guys back to the subject...

I can bluetooth sync but pocket george wont install.

I keep getting loads of .dll files missing errors. Tried re-installing but get the same.

Personally I find pocket george very handy and a lot harder without it.

I'm in contact with Paul at George Support so hoperfully he can sort it.

traps7

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 02:27:56 pm »
Update...

All sorted now after a few uninstalls and reinstalls. I still don't really know what the problem was. I think it was to do with some old user accounts.

Anyway after an uninstall I manually deleted the remaining palm files in program files, my docs etc and all is working fine now.

I didn't realise how handy Pocket George was until I was without it.

fergus77

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 09:31:52 pm »
a good ole uninstall and reinstall usually works, or give the hard drive a good kicking!!! ;D

don't get on with computers very well.

Good stuff Traps

Mr Bungalow

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 03:08:29 pm »
Have you tried using windows 7 in the new XP mode it has?  This new feature in version 7 of windows has a mode for programs that will only run in windows XP.

Hopefully you should have no problems then.

Kind regards.

Darren.