Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

steveo22

B&Q Complaints
« on: November 11, 2009, 08:14:49 pm »
I brought a triple extension ladder made by ABRU from B&Q a few weeks back at a cost of £99, its 2m closed and opens to 4.7 meters maximum working height. Basically i brought the ladder cause it was light weight and seemed quite a handy little ladder, the ladder was described as 'PROFESSIONAL' which i have found out it is most definitely not. Feels very flimsy and just does not feel safe. Decided that a Youngman ladder will be a lot better!!! Took back to B&Q within the 90 days and they refused to give me a  and were very rude!! What can i do?? Will i be able to get a refund? Anyone else used these ladders??

gr cleaning solutions

Re: B&Q Complaints
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 08:18:35 pm »
i ve got a set off them from b&q to use on my gutter cleans fascias etc and i ve found nothing wrong with mine they feel safe enough to me

cybersye

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 08:23:29 pm »
what was their reason for not refunding you ?

steveo22

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 08:31:21 pm »
Because i'd used them and they said that they were not faulty

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 08:41:03 pm »
Because i'd used them and they said that they were not faulty

If they are not fit for the purpose that they are meant for then by law you are entitled to refund. Now the problem is as a profesional your self you would have to show how the product isn't suitable for a profesional.

Trading standards will give you advice, normaly the threat of going to trading standards is enough for most companies to relent and offer a refund. Also I would imagine B&Q will have a customer service department that may be more helpfully than the store manager(but I would imagine they will back there managers desision)

tacky

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 08:47:09 pm »
as said in previuos post .only last week .buy titan 3.5 double .a little bit heavier .do not buy those flimsy light weight ladders .i hate the buggers .hope u have some results off b n Q.

cornelius jemmerso

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 08:49:01 pm »
iv a  triple ABRU  set and think theyre great !  what exactly was wrong with yours?? .  im a 15stone bloke and no worries with my set ,

bobby p

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 08:56:35 pm »
my Abru set have a weight limit of 23 stones !!   (7metre lengths)

i also have a Youngman  set   but when the pressures on, i grab the Abru most times as the sheer lightness makes them an easy choice . granted they catch the wind   

tacky

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 08:57:52 pm »
always titan .except when my son came with me .so in a rush i bought a set of them flimsy tin things .i couldnt get on with them .my son is 17 stone so they didnt move a lot with him on them either .no offence ment

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2009, 09:01:16 pm »
The other angle you could use is, if there wasn't a set of ladders in store that you could have a try with, extend them to see how sturdie they felt, how easy the sections slide and lock ect. You could then say you had to use them to establish they weren't suitable because there was no offer of trying them instore.

I know in a clothing store or footwear, if they don't have facilities to try them on you can claim a cash refund even if there worn(but obviously not excesivly)

kenaltobelli

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2009, 09:02:57 pm »
if there straight and got rungs going across evry now and then whats the prob :o
you want to try wooden ones or better still; no i wont go there ;D

steveo22

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 09:09:46 pm »
I'm going to complain about the rudeness of the staff, said i was going to make a complaint and the shop manager would not give me her full name as a reference. I just find the ladders really flimsy and stupidly expensive when you can get titan, lyte or youngman ladders for the same price. Really regret buying these ladders! Anyone want to buy em?

wfp master

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2009, 09:25:01 pm »
 15 ft thats a step ladder  ;)

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 09:44:35 pm »
Ask them how you were meant to find out they wern't fit for purpose if you couldnt try them out.

Fit for purpose, quote that to her and refuse to leave, make a racket, stand your ground, get some leaflets printed explaining EXACTLY what has happened (no lies, untruths or exaggerations) and stand outside the shop and distribute them to custards going into the store, wont be long before they give you your dosh back.

Only give them the two smallest of the three sections, theyre too thick to realise theres meant to be a third, you can use that third section for getting over gates, low walls etc on awkward properties.

wezzy32

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2009, 10:17:12 pm »
what store was it and who didi u speek to as iv worked for b&poop for over ten yrs b4 they made my firm cought the staff down and i lost my job.i can have a word with a manager i know and see what u can do
keep on smiling

steveo22

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2009, 10:24:58 pm »
Cheltenham Branch, lady called Sue, would not give me her surname. Shop floor manager i think?? Would not let me speak to anyone of a higher position either. ???

jeff1

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2009, 10:28:39 pm »
I brought a triple extension ladder made by ABRU from B&Q a few weeks back at a cost of £99, its 2m closed and opens to 4.7 meters maximum working height. Basically i brought the ladder cause it was light weight and seemed quite a handy little ladder, the ladder was described as 'PROFESSIONAL' which i have found out it is most definitely not. Feels very flimsy and just does not feel safe. Decided that a Youngman ladder will be a lot better!!! Took back to B&Q within the 90 days and they refused to give me a  and were very rude!! What can i do?? Will i be able to get a refund? Anyone else used these ladders??
What colour are the rubber bungs in the ends of your ladder??

wezzy32

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2009, 10:33:33 pm »
Cheltenham Branch, lady called Sue, would not give me her surname. Shop floor manager i think?? Would not let me speak to anyone of a higher position either. ???

worked there a few times.best bet is to email me and i will advise u on what todo.gdwashaway@yahoo.co.uk
keep on smiling

steveo22

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2009, 10:47:25 pm »
What colour are the rubber bungs in the ends of your ladder??
Black "PLASTIC"

mci services

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2009, 11:21:23 pm »
black plastic ones are for domestic use only, the red ones they sell are the trade ladders. either way none look that good to me but i dont think your meant to buy class 3 domestic ladders for proffesional use. they are not built for daily use and i am pretty sure it says on the label when you buy them