This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JRDEasiReach

New year VAT increase
« on: November 11, 2009, 05:06:00 pm »
How many of you are going to be adjusting your prices in the new year to cover this added expense, we are all seeing our diesel prices go up weekly already and with the 2.5% rise in VAT it will be up even more not to mention the rise being put on every item we buy from then on in.  I was thinking in rising my 6 and 7 houses to 8 and letting them know this month when i drop the slip through their door.  Is it better to inform them as to why or just let them know its being increased??
JRD Easi Reach
'The Ladderless Window Cleaning System'

Helen

Re: New year VAT increase
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 05:15:30 pm »
How many of you are going to be adjusting your prices in the new year to cover this added expense, we are all seeing our diesel prices go up weekly already and with the 2.5% rise in VAT it will be up even more not to mention the rise being put on every item we buy from then on in.  I was thinking in rising my 6 and 7 houses to 8 and letting them know this month when i drop the slip through their door.  Is it better to inform them as to why or just let them know its being increased??

did you reduce the price when the vat rate went down last year?

pingu

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 05:22:09 pm »
19% over here on the incontinent... :'(

Helen

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 05:26:00 pm »
19% over here on the incontinent... :'(

Have heard rumours that we shall be beating that rate soon ;)

pingu

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 05:42:57 pm »
Is someone trying to kill the UK ?

RO-Sheen

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 05:53:31 pm »
Yep, Gordon Brown
Formerly known as GARGAAX

martinsadie

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 05:58:04 pm »

did you reduce the price when the vat rate went down last year?
and petrol was higher as well earlier this year as well  ;D

JRDEasiReach

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 12:44:45 pm »
helen ive just started in september and can see my diesel costs rising weekly so thats why i asked, is it better to let them know in advance and the reason why or just hike in up on their slip when the time comes?? 
JRD Easi Reach
'The Ladderless Window Cleaning System'

martinsadie

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 07:59:12 pm »
helen ive just started in september and can see my diesel costs rising weekly so thats why i asked, is it better to let them know in advance and the reason why or just hike in up on their slip when the time comes?? 
if you only started in September its a bit early for a price rise,your first quote should be good for a year,