Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Blue Sky 2

Gutter cleaning COSHH help needed
« on: November 11, 2009, 04:18:52 pm »
I have been ask by a customer to forward COSHH sheets for a gutter cleaning job we are doing at a hospital. Never done COSHH sheets before. Would be grateful of any help in this matter.

Thanks

Sean

Andy@w.c.s

Re: Gutter cleaning COSHH help needed
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 04:44:21 pm »
Hi sean
my understanding of coshh ,and it might be wrong is a sheet detailing the type of chemical you would be useing on that job
it would explain the risks if any from the chemical / s
if you are useing any you should be able to get a coshh sheet from your supplier
are you sure it not a risk assesment they need
Andy

EZclean

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 04:50:08 pm »
you need the data sheet for any chemical that you will be using. contact suppliers they will have them available. all COSSHH = Control Of Substances Hazardous to Health
EZclean - Cleaner Than Water

JSMC

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 05:03:45 pm »
to be able to carry out a COSHH assessment you must be classed as a compotent person. i.e. receied training on how to do it or you work in that area.

HSE sites uses a coshh essentials microsite on their main website. Pretty handy.

i use dto carry out load sof COSHH assessments in fac ti assessed everything in our factory once from trial chemicals all the way through ful production chemicals and then into the workshops for anyhting they use dalso. This took me a very very long time LOL

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 07:34:21 pm »
B****y typical >:( >:( >:(

Wattalottacrap

Clearing out gutters using a substance hazardous to health???

That would be water I presume?

How many jobsworths have their fingers in the pie sorting this out?

Makes my blood boil - now that really would be hazardous to health ;D

mark dew

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 07:51:34 pm »
I know what you mean ian. One day you will be the window cleaning equivalent of those 3 ww1 veterans who died in last year. You will be 1 of the last reamaining to have worked window cleaning techniques from victiorian era type to wfp and h&s.

To the post, wouldn't that be a standard question for every subbie working on site? I doubt they would know there are no chemicals etc. But i assume you would have to describe the water purifying process with a coshh sheet from your di resin supplier? And for detergent if using any for insides? 
If your wfp it can't be too much paperwork.
Dave@stives recently started a hospital job. He would be the man to ask for help.

Blue Sky 2

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 07:59:11 pm »
Thanks for your help, getting it sorted now.

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 08:03:59 pm »

Hope it's worth all the head aches  ;)

mark dew

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 08:26:54 pm »

What di you have to do/provide?

Blue Sky 2

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 05:26:04 pm »
Not 100% sure just yet but looks like coshh on fuel for genni and exhaust fumes on vacumn

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2009, 06:30:23 pm »
Not 100% sure just yet but looks like coshh on fuel for genni and exhaust fumes on vacumn

Just like I said >:( >:(

Instead of NHS money going to front line staff it's wasted on this nonsense.  Do they have to have a COSHH report on the fuel and exhaust gases of their ambulances?

We live in a jobsworth society where the decision makers spend all their time dreaming up ever more stupid schemes, rules and directives to justify their existance and their bloated and totally unnecessary salaries.

Anybody seen the news today?  Jobsworths in the MOD have been given bonuses of up to £17,000 each for hitting targets in such fields as 'diversity' and 'efficiency' and 'economy' (saving money) while the squaddies are being blown up for lack of equipment.

Makes you proud to be British.

Blue Sky 2

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2009, 09:53:18 pm »
Every one covering their own back from some silly arse suing them.

Blame the No win no fee solicitors who love suing over daft claims 

Roger Oakley

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2009, 02:26:02 pm »

I might be wrong but for the genie fuel & exhaust fumes it will be more likely that a risk assessment is wanted, as in re-fueling for the genie.
The only time we provide CoSHH is when using chemicals. All our commercial work does need risk assessments and method statements wether chemicals or notas standard.

Mr Bungalow

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2009, 12:47:59 pm »
I Think it is just a risk assesment they have asked for, as it is at a hospital.

Usually any suppliers of chemicals you use supply you with the necessary docs.

COSHH - Control Of Substances Hazardous to Health.

Kind regards. :)

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2009, 01:18:38 pm »
one thing you might need to  look at is a license to remove the waste and dump it.
It's not like a domestic where you tell them to put it in the compost