This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Martin ccs

water usage help
« on: November 11, 2009, 03:58:59 pm »
will be swapping over to wfp soon and was trying to find the best way to work out how much water i would use in each area i work in.

at mo i was just counting the amount of windows and times them by 2 litres per window.

that about right?

and how much water per window for the first cleans per window?

Ian Lancaster

Re: water usage help
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 04:14:23 pm »
All these discussions about 'how much' are pretty meaningless because it's all down to trial and error.

Some people can manage with a gentle trickle, others use a mini Niagara - you have to find out what works for you.

I use a 60psi Flojet with no controller or restrictor, I just switch it on and attach the pole hose to the microbore.  The water comes out like the above mentioned mini Niagara, but a couple of quick passes and a single zigzag rinse and the job's done.

As to how much per window, I haven't the foggiest, but I do know I need about 200lt for £100 worth of work so I fill the tank accordingly.

EZclean

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 04:59:51 pm »
i too work on earnings of 50p/litre  :D
domestic only.

ian is right, it's pointless trying to work how much you will use before you've actually cleaned anything with wfp. alot of water useage is down to preference and restrictions on tank size. one thing is for sure, you will use less in 6mths time than when you first started.
EZclean - Cleaner Than Water

dd

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 05:14:46 pm »
Good question because you want to work out tank size and van to go for.

Most single operators get by with a 500l or 600l tank. There are some who use less water but IMO don't go for less than 500l. If the majority of your work is monthly will likely be OK.

If majority of your work is every 2 months then 600l probably better bet as you will be using more water per clean.

EZclean

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 05:23:52 pm »
will be swapping over to wfp soon and was trying to find the best way to work out how much water i would use in each area i work in.

at mo i was just counting the amount of windows and times them by 2 litres per window.

that about right?

and how much water per window for the first cleans per window?

remember you will clean alot more in the day (when first cleans are out the way)

i have a 650 tank, and as yet have never emptied it, but i came close today.  there was just over 500ltrs in when i set off this morning.
EZclean - Cleaner Than Water

Mr Bungalow

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 10:52:14 am »
It can depend on how quick you are and wether or not you have a tap/belt system in use.

I have a brodex 250DI system fitted in my van, and I can go out and do 15 2/3 bed semis in a day and only use up 125 litres, which works out at just over 8 litres per property.

Hope this helps. :) :)

Kind regards.