Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

matt

Re: Walking on tiles?
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2009, 10:41:41 pm »
how about a cherry picker to do it

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2009, 11:11:23 pm »
the strongest point in any roof tile is the bottom 2 inch as you have your slate lat then your tile then the over lap from the tile above .
stand in the middle and it could break .
where theres muck theres money

AuRavelling79

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2009, 07:58:10 am »
They will breakety break break.

You could get some old blankets and put them down with scaffolding planks on top.

But - get the custy to agree to sort breakages themselves in writing.
It's a game of three halves!

bobby p

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2009, 08:10:02 am »
toss an old duvet down

Mr Bungalow

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2009, 11:50:07 pm »
You shouldn't be walking on tile regardless.

If I were you I would definitely use a wfp for this part of the job, for safety reasons anyway.

Kind regards.

Mr Bungalow.
www.mrbungalow.co.uk.

Window Washers

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2009, 11:56:35 pm »
FTP: I have been through a roof like this to the floor below because they was a copule of years old, they forgot to tell me all was reclaimed and hollow beneath, with any roof you do not know what is holding it up, there are just as many cowboy builders out there as window cleaners.

if you cannot get the fashia with a pole (cant under stand if you can get a vac to gutters fashia will be struggle but managable maybe, if not scaffold or picker, o not go on the tiles m8 as this could be the time you really wished you had listened to good advice and I do not want to say I told you so.

if they dont want to pay the price to do it safe move on it is only one job and let another mug do it there are loads about trust me
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

ftp

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2009, 08:36:39 am »
Can use the vac cos it's Superlight poles so the gutter will take the weight. The hard bit will be holding a pole up the other way and applying upward pressure from nearly Horizontal to clean the soffits. Maybe I'll use the S2 instead of my SLX.
Always more than one way to skin a rabbit.

Window Washers

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2009, 08:38:29 am »
Can use the vac cos it's Superlight poles so the gutter will take the weight. The hard bit will be holding a pole up the other way and applying upward pressure from nearly Horizontal to clean the soffits. Maybe I'll use the S2 instead of my SLX.
Always more than one way to skin a rabbit.
any chance of pressure washing that part ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

ftp

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2009, 08:41:29 am »
Hardly, no chance of holding my two ton beast at full stretch  :-\

Window Washers

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2009, 09:05:29 am »
Hardly, no chance of holding my two ton beast at full stretch  :-\
you using a power pole aswell then ? 

ftp

« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2009, 09:09:12 am »
No, telescopic lance which is too heavy and too bendy for this job.

daz1977

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2009, 10:45:23 am »
i wouldnt do the job  have you thought the custy might just be after a few new tiles, that you happen to break and claim on your insureance,  i wouldnt put it past a custy to do that