Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ste M

DIY set up
« on: November 08, 2009, 11:42:59 pm »
Hello im just about to buy my van to go fully WFP. Im getting a scudo sized van now and im looking at a 400ltr tank. How easy and costly is it to do the set up yourself and where would you get all the equipment?

Anyone got any pics of their set ups as that would be even better.

cheers ste

daz1977

Re: DIY set up
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 12:02:24 am »
i got my between wintecs and gardiners and cost me less than 500 all in inc battery and pole

Ste M

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 12:07:07 am »
i got my between wintecs and gardiners and cost me less than 500 all in inc battery and pole

what size is that then? i was hoping to also have the possibillty for 2 man working and also external ports so the van can be locked

Ste M

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 08:19:18 pm »
anyone else?

mark dew

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 08:47:35 pm »
I have a 400L tank in my dispatch. I have these tank fixings from cleantech:
http://www.cleantech.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_25&products_id=90
Took it to a local garage and got it installed for £80.
Bought a leisure battery from halfords. You can use just a pump and control the flow manually with a tap between the tank and the pump.
Or you can get a pump controller to do it.
Cleantech do pump boards for £213. Someone posted a couple of weeks ago about finding flojet pump for £85. These are i think the best pumps (very few problems with flojet pump posted on here over the years).
You just need a a switch to turn the pump on and off. About £3 from halfords.
Ask around here for cheapest place for tank as i don't know. Cleantech is a good place to start for most if not everything.
And gardiners for the poles. I reckon around £1k. But if you can afford, spend £1k on 2 poles from gardiners. The superlite being the main pole.
If you want a cheap disposable type pole, 17ft xtel is a fantastic little pole for ups and downs. For 6 months anyway. Mine lasted a year.

krave

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 11:28:29 pm »

I wish mine was like that, Im looking at £1700 all in :-(

Ste M

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 11:29:31 pm »
what ya getting krave?

krave

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 11:40:54 pm »
So far I have got

100 psi Flojet
Eco-Flo Controller
100m 6mm Microbore
Metal hose reel
HF5 4040 membrane + kit
35" Di vessel
350ltr Flat baffled tank
loads of hose + connectors

Still getting

22ft sl-x pole
1000 ltr Ibc tank
Sub pump
Inlet/outlet port for my van, might make my own.

Spent a fair bit on stuff that wasnt really needed atm, Just wanted the bigger bits and to be "future proof".

Plyed all my van and build compartments for bits and bobs too.

Ste M

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 11:44:02 pm »
what van have you got? where did you get most of your stuff from?

krave

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 11:47:34 pm »
I have a Astravan. Got everything other than the ro/di for Gardiners. Absolutely excelent service, Next day delivery and cheeper than anywhere for anything I have needed. Really could not recommend them more.

A few of the things on there site say out of stock or coming soon but I just called them.

Still working out where to put my static setup.  :-\

krave

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 11:48:34 pm »
I can send you a pic tomo of the back of my van so far! Work in progress tho!

Ste M

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 11:50:59 pm »
How did you know what you needed? did you get your info of here or did you just call gardiners and tell them what you where after? have you fitted it all yourself?

Ste M

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 11:51:52 pm »
I can send you a pic tomo of the back of my van so far! Work in progress tho!
that would be brilliant, stemoney@hotmail.com. cheers for the reply and advise mate ;D

krave

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2009, 11:54:54 pm »
On here, reading and asking loads. Was a bit of a venture going into (still am) Wfp, seems a bit daunting to start but people are v helpfull here. Some are pretty much idiots tho.

Are you looking at going with a static set up and pumping it to your van? Whats your budget and how big is your round atm if you dont mind me asking?

Im not the most knowledgeable person on wfp, but the amount of reading/researching I have done recently I can most probably help.

Ste M

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2009, 11:58:36 pm »
On here, reading and asking loads. Was a bit of a venture going into (still am) Wfp, seems a bit daunting to start but people are v helpfull here. Some are pretty much idiots tho.

Are you looking at going with a static set up and pumping it to your van? Whats your budget and how big is your round atm if you dont mind me asking?

Im not the most knowledgeable person on wfp, but the amount of reading/researching I have done recently I can most probably help.

looking at pumping it into my van. budget is anything up to 2k really but i dont really want to go near that as i want to save a fair few for the gardiners poles, i currently have a backpack set-up as well as full trad(done that for 7 years) so ive got some kit already.

my round aint that big at the moment but im going to expand it a lot more when i have the equipment to cope with it, i know the work is there but in my current set up i couldnt cope.

krave

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 12:07:51 am »
fair play, going alot longet than me then. Mine will be just under 1700 with all the above, which is gardiners sl-x poles, brush etc, the best ro possible. And spending a couple of hundred on my van, just to make things look neater lol.

Originally, I was intending on a backpack, then a £700 setup, then ideas got the better of me  :-[

Ste M

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2009, 12:21:50 am »
fair play, going alot longet than me then. Mine will be just under 1700 with all the above, which is gardiners sl-x poles, brush etc, the best ro possible. And spending a couple of hundred on my van, just to make things look neater lol.

Originally, I was intending on a backpack, then a £700 setup, then ideas got the better of me  :-[

i spent £600 recently on the backpack and other things to make sure that WFP was the way to go. all i can say is its brilliant. i dont think that is a bad price if you include the poles, i already have one that is about 32ft but it aint the best so i will stump out for the slx as i will need another pole anyway and then i can keep the one i have just for 3 story houses. I only need di as my water is fairly soft, although i refill at my in laws cos they aint on a meter, there water is slightly harder but FREE  ;D

mark dew

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2009, 12:25:20 am »

I think you have bought a good setup. You won't need to change any kit for ages. Better to buy the most effective kit first, as you have done.

krave

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2009, 12:30:35 am »

I think you have bought a good setup. You won't need to change any kit for ages. Better to buy the most effective kit first, as you have done.

I hope so lol, just worried I have over done it, like with the ro, people saying it has to be used everyday to keep it working properly..... If im filling 1000ltrs, its not going to get used everyday. And then where am I going to put it and keep it from freezing etc. Still a lot of hurdles to overcome but should be good.

Also got to get off my ar** and get more custom, spent loads sign writing etc and web site, but havent actually got up and gone and got enough for one reason or another. Going to really go at it over the winter, not the best plan, but have to make up for where I have been a bit slack.

Ste m. What was it like going over, how where the customers? How much of a speed increase did you personally notice?

krave

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2009, 12:34:03 am »
If you have soft water there would realistically be no point in producing water at home.

Just have as big of a tank as possible in your van, fill with tap, then pump through di before hose reel etc.

That seems to be the way from what I have seen on here. A lot lot simpler, quicker and cheeper than ro.

Unless you will use a lot of water and want a ro to save n resin in the long run?

Do you know your tds, one of the more experienced guys will let you know for sure what the sbest option is depending on the reading! ( Dont want to come across like I know it all, I definately dont) lol.