This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

poleman

Who's used Google AdWords
« on: November 08, 2009, 04:56:27 pm »
interested in any-one's view that's has used Google AdWords for more business

If you have used it, did you get a good return for your money!

Andy
PS this might be a good post if someone is thinking of doing this as well  :)

Jeff Brimble

Re: Who's used Google AdWords
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 05:01:03 pm »
They got a new one out, excuse the copy, sorry -its a bit long

Good Afternoon Jeff
Thank you for taking the time to look over our proposal, I look forward to discussing your options in detail.

As mentioned in our earlier discussion, Google now has the monopoly in terms of online enquiries, almost 1 billion enquiries per day.

Regardless of this statistic, most businesses tend to market their website through directories.  Although these can occasionally work well, the overall exposure they provide is minimal!

Most people see the benefits of having prominent exposure within the worlds most popular search engine but have no idea of how to obtain it,

Your option is quite simple, come to Number One Listings!

The new service we discussed earlier is without doubt the best online marketing opportunity you will ever come across for the following reasons:

It's Cost Effective!
It's Entirely Results Based!
It Works

So ditch the directories, recycle the newspapers - ADVERTISE ONLINE !
Google isn't a luxury. It's a necessity for any business.

If you're serious about business you need to be serious about Google.

The days of paper directories are gone. Today people simply "Google it"

Google offers users convenient, immediate, free and accurate results.

What we offer is very simple:

First page listings on your 5 most important keyphrases within 48 hours!

No Contract - Month by Month basis 
Personal Account Manager
Pay as you go
Results based marketing
Why it works                           

Number One Listings unique Google Advertising service offers you:

No Per-Click Charges, no set-up fees, no click-fraud issue.
So you don't have to pay every time there is a click. We put you in full control of your spending.

Guaranteed Google™ listing within 48 hours
More traffic to your website guaranteed.

Flat-fee pricing
So you can reach as many target audiences as you need without worrying about exceeding your budget, click-fraud or bid monitoring.

Target local audiences
Geographic targeting enables you to target your advertising to customers in your area. When you target regional and local areas, you can reach the prospects that are most appropriate for your business and you can write ads that highlight special promotions or pricing based on geography.

Greater control
once a month you can edit your ads and keywords until you get the results you want. 

Comprehensive reporting
Get campaign reports detailing the number of clicks you're receiving, so you always know how well your advertising is working.

Friendly customer support
Our friendly and knowledgeable support team at your side

ALL THIS FOR JUST £99 FOR THE FIRST MONTH, & A ONE OFF ACTIVATION FEE OF £30, AND AS LITTLE AS £20 PER KEY PHRASE IN MONTH 2!!
Just cherry pick your best key phrases!

Please Call on 0116 228 0140 to proceed

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 05:10:18 pm »
We used Adwords for a while, with little or no result.  We are on the front page of Google for all our relevant areas, but in spite of good numbers of hits we get very few enquiries direct from the website.

I think people look, then approach from a different angle (phone, e-mail etc) so it's difficult to evaluate the results.

Being on the front page of Google isn't a magic guarantee of increased business.  It helps, but you still need the wide  mix of sources for enquiries.

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 05:18:54 pm »
ALL THIS FOR JUST £99 FOR THE FIRST MONTH, & A ONE OFF ACTIVATION FEE OF £30, AND AS LITTLE AS £20 PER KEY PHRASE IN MONTH 2!!

How much!!!!!
You can do it yourself (adwords) for a £5 activation fee and by pre paying keep it down to £10 a month.
Mind you typical advertisers with their people only use Google now stuff  ;D

Over the years I think it's fair to say I only ever picked up one window cleaning customer who came on via google.

Phild

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 01:29:59 pm »
Hi Andy,

We've been using Adwords for two years now to great success. However in my opinion it's not suited to all cleaning businesses.

I've personally been managing our adwords account 'in house' since the beginning, running campaigns on all our contract cleaning services. In my honest opinion Adwords is a fantastic way to advertise in 'niche' markets predominantly on a national basis.

Our service range covers everything from full industrial site decommissioning and parts cleaning right the way through to carpet cleaning and office cleaning. Over time the results have varied massively.

Carpet cleaning much like window cleaning and office cleaning is incredibly expensive to bid on as far as adwords is concerned. I was paying approx 60-70p per click for a first page ad with a great keyword quality score. Carpet cleaning alone gets 27000 searches in the UK per month so I thought great. Competition is fierce though as there are hundreds of small carpet cleaning companies nationally fighting for a piece of the pie. We were converting customers and getting good traffic don't get me wrong but we were spending ten pound a day in clicks and getting maybe one order a week. Given our standard domestic call out rate is just wasn't worth.

Yes you can target keywords like 'window cleaning Sittingbourne' and through adwords settings target just kent and east sussex but it's very hit and miss in my experience and search volumes are tiny.

If you haven't already done so take advantage of a FREE google local business centre listing. If people are searching geographically for example 'Commercial Window Cleaning Sittingbourne' and you pick window cleaning as a category you 'should' be listed in Googles A-F companies listings next to a Google map at the top of page one! Like I said its all free and should bring you the perfect traffic you're after at no cost.

In short if you advertise highly niche services with good profit margins through Adwords competition is often non-existent, you pay pennies per click and can reap huge rewards. In circumstances like yours you cannot beat traditional marketing techniques, word of mouth and building local brand awareness. Some free advertising on Google can go a long way though.

Rogue Trader

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 07:14:08 pm »
I agree google is invaluable , i am in the local business listings as well as on first page for some of my areas (my main area i am the first listing under the local business listings and i get a steady stream of enquiries , not loads but at least one a week.

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 09:56:39 am »
interested in any-one's view that's has used Google AdWords for more business

If you have used it, did you get a good return for your money!

Andy
PS this might be a good post if someone is thinking of doing this as well  :)

I have used them in the past, I will never use them again.
total waste of money in my eyes, you get charged per click, so anyone who clicks on your website you will be charged.
They could click on you and not enquire about the services.
Plus most people who use google click on the websites on the left hand side, very rarely click on websites on the right hand side.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

poleman

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 03:22:04 pm »
Thanks everyone & specially Matt

Wasn't sure to begin with! so not going with it now, what I will be doing is updating my listing on google instead and getting top listing  ;)

Andy
ps yes taken advantage of a FREE google map local business

Richy L

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 03:37:07 pm »
They got a new one out, excuse the copy, sorry -its a bit long

Good Afternoon Jeff
Thank you for taking the time to look over our proposal, I look forward to discussing your options in detail.

As mentioned in our earlier discussion, Google now has the monopoly in terms of online enquiries, almost 1 billion enquiries per day.

Regardless of this statistic, most businesses tend to market their website through directories.  Although these can occasionally work well, the overall exposure they provide is minimal!

Most people see the benefits of having prominent exposure within the worlds most popular search engine but have no idea of how to obtain it,

Your option is quite simple, come to Number One Listings!

The new service we discussed earlier is without doubt the best online marketing opportunity you will ever come across for the following reasons:

It's Cost Effective!
It's Entirely Results Based!
It Works

So ditch the directories, recycle the newspapers - ADVERTISE ONLINE !
Google isn't a luxury. It's a necessity for any business.

If you're serious about business you need to be serious about Google.

The days of paper directories are gone. Today people simply "Google it"

Google offers users convenient, immediate, free and accurate results.

What we offer is very simple:

First page listings on your 5 most important keyphrases within 48 hours!

No Contract - Month by Month basis 
Personal Account Manager
Pay as you go
Results based marketing
Why it works                           

Number One Listings unique Google Advertising service offers you:

No Per-Click Charges, no set-up fees, no click-fraud issue.
So you don't have to pay every time there is a click. We put you in full control of your spending.

Guaranteed Google™ listing within 48 hours
More traffic to your website guaranteed.

Flat-fee pricing
So you can reach as many target audiences as you need without worrying about exceeding your budget, click-fraud or bid monitoring.

Target local audiences
Geographic targeting enables you to target your advertising to customers in your area. When you target regional and local areas, you can reach the prospects that are most appropriate for your business and you can write ads that highlight special promotions or pricing based on geography.

Greater control
once a month you can edit your ads and keywords until you get the results you want. 

Comprehensive reporting
Get campaign reports detailing the number of clicks you're receiving, so you always know how well your advertising is working.

Friendly customer support
Our friendly and knowledgeable support team at your side

Just cherry pick your best key phrases!

Please Call on 0116 228 0140 to proceed

I have used this exact thing.

I checked to see if I could be found under my key phrases but some of the time it didnt work.
I contact them twice regarding this and they told me it was working now. When I checked it was, but how long had it not been working for and how many times. I have cancelled my agreement with them now, although I will be on there for another month or so as you need to physically write them a letter saying you want to cancel

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2009, 04:13:33 pm »
I've used google adwords before (I got given a £75 voucher) for advertising the Guild. That £75 brought in a couple of new members, so it does definitely work, but for geographically compact advertising like most window cleaning companies want, I do think there are much better ways to spend your money. You'll get a better response pound for pound by leafleting or employing a door knocker.

Mr Bungalow

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 12:15:35 pm »
Hello Poleman,

I am thinking of trying out Google Adwords out but before you do you might want to consider setting up an Adsense account with them as what this does is allow you to earn money through other peoples ads that appear on your website, when you have someone visit your site and they click on one the ads Google has put there it earns you money.

The problem with Adwords at the moment I think is your not guaranteed to get any work from it, but for every click that is made on your ad you have to pay Google.

If you need a little advice you just need to be working on the Golden Triangle.

You can also give me a call if you need a little advice over tha phone.

This should help.

Kind regards.