This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lcwalker

Advice on advertising 2 services
« on: November 06, 2009, 10:12:52 pm »
Im in the process of making some window cleaning cards and delivering them myself im going to start with 1000 and deliver them in 250 batches.My question is i also do gardening work but id preffer the windows but in spring time i deliver cards for grass,hedgecutting etc, so i was wondering as im delivering window cleaning cards would it be a good idea to add a paper slip on the back of the card offering gardening aswell or will it all look to much.My thinking was why go out and deliver twice, but what i dont want is the gardening part to sway people from hirering me to do there windows your thoughts would be very helpfull thanks LC.

steveo22

Re: Advice on advertising 2 services
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 10:21:04 pm »
Do You Get Much Work From Delivering Leaflets For Gardening Services? Window Cleaning Is Definitely Easier To Canvass For. I Would Get The Window Cleaning Jobs And then When You've Done A certain Clients Windows A few Times, And Their Is An Element Of Trust, Then I Would Perhaps Mention That You Also Offer Gardening Services. You Are As Likely To Get The Work As Anyone Else?! I Would Not Complicate Your Flyers Though, Puts People Off I Think ??? ;)

lcwalker

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 10:28:46 pm »
Do You Get Much Work From Delivering Leaflets For Gardening Services? Window Cleaning Is Definitely Easier To Canvass For. I Would Get The Window Cleaning Jobs And then When You've Done A certain Clients Windows A few Times, And Their Is An Element Of Trust, Then I Would Perhaps Mention That You Also Offer Gardening Services. You Are As Likely To Get The Work As Anyone Else?! I Would Not Complicate Your Flyers Though, Puts People Off I Think ??? ;)

No i dont get a great response from the gardening leaflets, my thinking is simular to you, sort of weigh up the client first. The thing is ive done gardening for some posh upper class people that were horrible and the thing with that is your stuck there for the hours with windows when your done your gone.

steveo22

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 10:39:01 pm »
I would make up some nice window cleaning flyers instead of cards and distribute a couple of hundred a night, only a couple of hours work. You'll be surprised at how much work you can generate, you can then decide which of the clients you clean windows for that you wouldn't mind working for in their gardens. Pick and choose the good clients!

simon smith50

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 11:45:43 pm »
never put a price on your flyers as they then have no reason to call you .
when you get the calls never price over the phone always arrange a visit to fully assess the area and access issues .
NEVER PRICE CHEAP .
ON FIRST CLEANS ALWAYS OFFER TO DO THE INSIDES AS WELL AS A total clean AND DISCUSS FURTHER CLEANS
GO FOR QUALITY OF WORK NOT QUANTITY  . QUANTITY WILL COME , IF YOU DONT HAVE QUALITY AT THE START YOU WILL NEVER  GET QUALITY DOWN THE LINE AS YOU WILL GET QUANTITY AND START TO RUSH .
START AS YOU MEAN TO GO ON .
now we're flying
flipper and pole all the way

lcwalker

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 11:49:35 pm »
Thanks for that i have made a few flyers tonight but ran out of paper ive just made them short and sweet not added any pricing is this the best way?.

simon smith50

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 12:31:15 am »
trial and error
the best way to learn
trial it and make sure you keep track of your numbers
know what and how many you put out where . to make a massive income requires massive effort
keep it simple . to the point
and have a clear headline .
with a clear call to action for your prospective new clients .

look on the net for window cleaning marketing and you will find examples of what to look for .

NEVER PUT PRICES ON FLYERS
AND HAVE A USP
UNIQUE SELLING POINT  , A REASON WHY THEY SHOULD CALL YOU rather than someoneelse

very valuable resource

the window cleaning coach

now we're flying

simon smith50

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2009, 12:41:05 am »
trial and error
the best way to learn
trial it and make sure you keep track of your numbers
know what and how many you put out where . to make a massive income requires massive effort
keep it simple . to the point
and have a clear headline .
with a clear call to action for your prospective new clients .

look on the net for window cleaning marketing and you will find examples of what to look for .

NEVER PUT PRICES ON FLYERS
AND HAVE A USP
UNIQUE SELLING POINT  , A REASON WHY THEY SHOULD CALL YOU rather than someoneelse

very valuable resource

the window cleaning coach

now we're flying

South Coast Cleaning Services

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 08:46:40 am »
Why not put window cleaning on one side of the flyer and gardening on the other side.

cornelius jemmerso

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009, 09:08:58 am »
decide just what it is you really want to do, then just do that job .  if you advertise jack of all trades you will never focus enough effort. IMO

lcwalker

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2009, 10:21:19 am »
decide just what it is you really want to do, then just do that job .  if you advertise jack of all trades you will never focus enough effort. IMO

The thing is for a few years now i have been doing a few window cleaning jobs and half have resulted in a gardening job of  some kind, and a few of them have turned in to regular, i think both can be used and as i have all the gear for that to it seems wasted not to do abit of that too some gardening jobs can be very well payed especially grass cutting,and hedge cutting, but hours weeding in borders doesn't, the grass and hedges can be quoted rather than hourly rate.

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2009, 05:21:59 pm »

The thing is for a few years now i have been doing a few window cleaning jobs and half have resulted in a gardening job of  some kind, and a few of them have turned in to regular, i think both can be used and as i have all the gear for that to it seems wasted not to do abit of that too some gardening jobs can be very well payed especially grass cutting,and hedge cutting, but hours weeding in borders doesn't, the grass and hedges can be quoted rather than hourly rate.

Have you got a name for your business yet

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2009, 05:26:48 pm »
"Pane in the Grass"
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2009, 05:31:01 pm »
yer thats a good one or "cleancut"

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2009, 05:37:01 pm »
What about "Growing Panes"  ::)

Window Washers

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2009, 05:48:57 pm »
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)