This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Turley

12v digital mixer valve??
« on: November 06, 2009, 05:29:22 pm »
hi all,

on my diy hot water system i'm currently using a thermostatic mixer valve (as fitted under sinks to stop old dears in care homes/hospitals) to control my water temperature.

it is set at max which means my water leaves the van at 46C. this is ok, but when i'm working a good distance from my van, especially if i'm using a lowish flow on a particular job (eg. sash windows), the water at the brush is not as hot as i would like it to be, due to losing heat as it travels through the microbore.

i'm trawling the internet looking for a 12v digital mixer valve so i can adjust the temperature of the water before it leaves my van, to suit each job as i see fit.

can anyone point me in the direction of one please?    ;D  thanks!

MoemGorod

Re: 12v digital mixer valve??
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 05:38:29 pm »
www.MoemGorod.com - WFP supplier in Russia & CIS
www.MoemGorod.ru - WFP WC in Saint-Petersburg

Dave Turley

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 06:03:02 pm »
thanks vadim,

i have thought about switching to thermobore, but i have a few concerns:

1. I currently use microbore, (od 11mm), thermobore is 13mm od, more like garden hose. this has got to be harder to drag around and will take up alot more room on my reel.

2. my microbore has an id of 6mm. thermobore has an id of 8mm. all that extra water has got to be harder to drag around. also, i often lift my hosereel out of the van, and i reckon that 100m of thermobore filled with water will be quite a bit heavier. (you might be noticing by now that i like making my life easier, not harder!)  ;D

3. Alex has, in the past, questioned how beneficial thermobore would be for "warm" water users, as it is designed for "hot" users.

this said, thermobore may be the way to go? i just thought starting with hotter water might be an idea.

windowswashed

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 06:43:02 pm »
Lighter weight of microbore hose is more beneficial than heat saved using thermobore unless it's close to freezing.

I've used both and prefer using microbore hose running at a lower temperature than using thermobore with hotter water. Reason for my preferred choice is that I suffer with arthritis and prefer less strain on my hands using the lighter hose.

Hotter water shifts stubborn dirt easier than warm water so it depends which is more beneficial for your own individual purpose.

Dave Turley

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 07:07:43 pm »
hmmm, thanks for the input, i might be on the right track then.

so does anyone know where i can get a 12v digital mixer valve?

Dave Turley

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 07:23:12 pm »
Hi Dave,

Maybe it would be a good idea to use Thermobore™ 8mm 'Hot-Hose'?

Please, see at http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?REFPAGE=http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/catalogbody.html&WD=minibore&PN=Hoses.html%23aHOSE_2dMINI_2d100M#aHOSE_2dMINI_2d100M

regards,

Vadim

wow vadim, i've just checked out where you're from!

is it chilly in st petersburg this time of year?

MoemGorod

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 07:28:03 pm »
Dave, its about zero couple of last weeks.

So we have already started to heat water and add iso.

p.s. we dont care about the weight of the minibore we use such as we install the Redashe roller guides in every van.

regards,

Vadim

Dave Turley

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 07:43:23 pm »
brrrrrrrr!

i bet evryone uses hot over there!

nice set up! do you have a link to the redashe roller guides you use and why do you use them?

also i'm trying to figure out where your hoses go when they've gone through the van floor?

regards,

confused dave

MoemGorod

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 07:47:12 pm »

Dave Turley

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 08:24:33 pm »
very nice,

thanks for redashe link, it might come in useful. with the others i couldn't get the first link to work, the second one was good.

dave

Dave Turley

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2009, 10:58:52 am »
bump.... still looking or a 12v mixer valve!     :)