Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ads

slow filling
« on: November 05, 2009, 08:09:27 pm »
Hi, Can anyone help? I have a 650l system and have used this system for about 6 years. About 8 months ago I changed the 4040 membrane as it had slowed right down and it had done alot of work. Bought a new membrane from cleaning spot and away I went. I was filling up again in around 4 hours with good tds readings. After 4 months the filling had slowed right down again and was taking 8 hours to fill 150 litres. I regulary change the pre filters and the pressure had not changed at all. The tds readings were still good and I phoned cleaning spot who were very helpful and we narrowed it down to being a faulty membrane (they had other problems too). They kindly sent me a new membrane FOC and I put it in and again I was filling in 4 hours.
Until.. 4 months on and the same thing. what is going on?! I'm now behind on work and cleaning spot want me to go to there depot in my van so they can see whats happening. I think thats fair but I will lose a days work plus petrol.

Anybody got any ideas why this is happening?

Window Washers

Re: slow filling
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 08:18:36 pm »
Hi, Can anyone help? I have a 650l system and have used this system for about 6 years. About 8 months ago I changed the 4040 membrane as it had slowed right down and it had done alot of work. Bought a new membrane from cleaning spot and away I went. I was filling up again in around 4 hours with good tds readings. After 4 months the filling had slowed right down again and was taking 8 hours to fill 150 litres. I regulary change the pre filters and the pressure had not changed at all. The tds readings were still good and I phoned cleaning spot who were very helpful and we narrowed it down to being a faulty membrane (they had other problems too). They kindly sent me a new membrane FOC and I put it in and again I was filling in 4 hours.
Until.. 4 months on and the same thing. what is going on?! I'm now behind on work and cleaning spot want me to go to there depot in my van so they can see whats happening. I think thats fair but I will lose a days work plus petrol.

Anybody got any ideas why this is happening?
how often are you flushing the system ??
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Ads

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 08:31:26 pm »
every 2 weeks, This should be more than enough

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 08:34:10 pm »
Nothing like enough.  You should flush every time you run the system for at least 15-20 minutes

Ads

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 08:38:30 pm »
I had done the same process for 5 years 4 months and never had a problem. Why now?

weetot

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 08:56:45 pm »
I flush mine for 20 mins, twice a week, if its a help.  :)
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!