This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JSMC

tank insulation
« on: November 05, 2009, 08:07:58 pm »
whats the best thing to get ? duvet or some kind of jacket similar  to what is used for a water tank

Window Washers

Re: tank insulation
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 08:21:44 pm »
whats the best thing to get ? duvet or some kind of jacket similar  to what is used for a water tank
When I first got my system, my wife hit the roof when I used are duvet. All I said was would you wrap one of our babies up if they were going to get cold? She said "yes ", I replied point made ;D

I slept on the sofa that week and went hungry :o
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

JSMC

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 08:43:52 pm »
duvet then as the water jacket si can only find seem very small . i have 400L tank but can't find anything suitable

Halfadaylee

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 08:48:56 pm »
I always thought it was our body heat that we create and is retained by the quilt.
I don't understand how a quilt  can keep something warm that creates no heat, but would love to know

JSMC

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 08:55:57 pm »
ideally needing something like a water jacket with a foil backing

JSMC

matt

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 10:16:39 pm »
I always thought it was our body heat that we create and is retained by the quilt.
I don't understand how a quilt  can keep something warm that creates no heat, but would love to know

this is a a valid point, you need some heat source to keep in, thus a quilt isnt going to do much

Window Washers

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 10:20:57 pm »

this is a a valid point, you need some heat source to keep in, thus a quilt isnt going to do much
but will keep the heat in, if there was no heat it would be frozen
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

JSMC

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 10:28:23 pm »
right so will the foil insualtion work or not?

matt

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 10:44:41 pm »

but will keep the heat in, if there was no heat it would be frozen

what heat would that be though ? ? ?  the heat in the water from the outside air ? ? ? ?

it would need to be very cold to freeze a block of 400 L water, and if it was that cold, a quilt wouldnt really make much difference

JSMC

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 10:54:30 pm »
biggest probelm i feel is pump and hosing connectors. had thiught of making little box to go over it with foam on inside of it

jeff1

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 11:23:46 pm »
This is how I insulated mine when it was in the trailer now we have a bigger tank in the van and we use the same stuff and never had a problem yet.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 08:34:02 am »
This is how I insulated mine when it was in the trailer now we have a bigger tank in the van and we use the same stuff and never had a problem yet.

Spot on - mine is in the back of my van with expanded foam on the sides and loft insulation on the top all covered in ply. I also put a small mains heater in the back near the pump and outlet pipes overnight.
It's a game of three halves!

JSMC

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2009, 03:56:49 pm »
as much as that a good idea not ideal for in my van i think

traps7

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2009, 04:03:58 pm »
I've lagged my pipes between pump, hose etc with foam pipe insulation.

I'm told it's the brush head and pole hose that freezes first though.

ftp

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 04:10:35 pm »
I found the best way to insulate my tank was to wrap a van around it!

If your tank starts freezing solid then you can kiss goodbye to your pump, your hoses and your engine block.

traps7

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009, 04:18:29 pm »
That can't be right because when I was trad the small bit of water left in my bucket in the van overnight would freeze and my applicator which was in the bucket also.
So although the tank might not freeze I'm sure the hoses etc will.

ftp

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2009, 04:21:09 pm »
I thought the post said 'tank'?

traps7

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2009, 04:28:19 pm »
ok fine, my mistake.

Pole 2 Pole