Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike #1

undercutting
« on: November 05, 2009, 06:37:02 pm »
called on 2 custys tonight and they said someone has tried to undercut put a card thourgh door saying they will clean windows for £5.00 i charge a fair bit more cheeky so and so .
how can he say he will charge fiver without knowing how many windows there are

fergus77

Re: undercutting
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 06:38:03 pm »
Some people need a damn good kicking  ;)

ronnie paton

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 06:45:46 pm »
its a loss leader when they get the custies they always up there prices ad it dun to me a few times mate unless they are from poland or sumfin

Mike #1

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 06:46:48 pm »
true ronnie but any decent window cleaner knows  a 4 bed detached house is to be priced more than a fiver , to give a price without seeing back of house they both have large extension's aswell

daz1977

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 06:47:56 pm »
someone probably just wanting to build up a round, then in a few months put price up or sell it on to a newbie who doesnt know the prices

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 06:48:33 pm »
If your custy takes them up on it, the custy wasn't worth having in the first place

chopsie

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 06:48:42 pm »
well i came home tonight and asked one of the neighbours i saw on the street(i only recently moved to the area and am considering starting up)if there was a window cleaner came round and how much he charges her.he comes round once a fortnight,cleans her house one clean and house and conny other clean.three bed end terrace.2.50 for house and 4.00 for house and conny!!! I don,t think he needs a good kicking,just a good shrink!!!
chopsie

Mike #1

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 06:49:47 pm »
luckily they are good custys i have most of the street and get on well with all custys i am confident they will stick with me as 2 mentioned above have

Mike #1

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 06:52:15 pm »
£4.00 for a house with conny i charge that for small 2 bed bungalow with 5windows and 2 doors

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 06:53:44 pm »
well i came home tonight and asked one of the neighbours i saw on the street(i only recently moved to the area and am considering starting up)if there was a window cleaner came round and how much he charges her.he comes round once a fortnight,cleans her house one clean and house and conny other clean.three bed end terrace.2.50 for house and 4.00 for house and conny!!! I don,t think he needs a good kicking,just a good shrink!!!

Probably an old timer who hasn't put his prices up since he started, but don't let it put you off from starting out.

daz1977

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 06:54:06 pm »
he must be making a fortune chopsie

its guys like this that make it hard to get proper priced work, when they will work for about 7 pounds an hour,  but he probably cant do a full week as has to take time off to go sign on  

chopsie

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 07:01:38 pm »
the woman says he got another job so she assumes thats how he keeps it so cheap.she even said herself it was cheap and would not complain if he put prices up.I told her he can do mine for 2.50!
chopsie

geefree

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2009, 12:05:44 pm »
minimum charge for me is £6....

if they ring and its a tiny house, its £6.... if they take it ,its good for me... if they dont.....its good for me.

but they do.  ;)

JRDEasiReach

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2009, 04:40:12 pm »
Likewise, my min house price is £6 although that may go up to £7 in new year as the price of diesel is going up steadily the past few weeks, not cheap to drive the miles around, first month i got away with £40 for fuel, last month with the same run virtually, it was up by £10!!! Not on!!  From now on its £1 a frame minimum :)
JRD Easi Reach
'The Ladderless Window Cleaning System'

heathrow100

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 06:57:27 pm »
I never undercut,in fact I quote more money if told by a customer they or a neighbour that is presently being paid and explain the benefits of our services,so many unprofessional WC,ers about.I pick up quite a few by carging more money.

Heath

Mr Bungalow

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2009, 01:42:22 pm »
Your not the only one having that problem.

It happens to us all and to be honest they are definitely not cleaning all the windows if at all.  Makes me angry;D

I believe most so called window cleaners like that are just looking at the front the property and only quoting for what they do at the front.

What we need to do is to re-educate the customer to that sort of problem as a lot of customers that are quoted for like that assume that they are going to clean the whole house.

I hope this helps you.

Kind regard :)s.

JRDEasiReach

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2009, 03:55:48 pm »
this is becoming a big problem i think lads, just the other day i called to a house and the potential custie told me 'oh i have a window cleaner he comes once a month, does my frames and all for £6' i said ok but when i left the estate i could see the back of her house from the top of the hill and noticed she had around 12-14 windows altogether so this guy is seriously undercutting, how can it pay him to wash a house of that size for so cheap??
JRD Easi Reach
'The Ladderless Window Cleaning System'

d.ward

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2009, 03:57:03 pm »
doesnt pay taxes?

Four £6 is £24 an hour....he might work fast

d.ward

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2009, 03:57:35 pm »
PS ive found that after the first clean general maintenance is easy