This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

d.ward

Re: undercutting
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2009, 03:59:12 pm »
thats not really undercutting unless he knows your price

Thats just knowing the competition.

Asda and tesco have price wars all the time

JRDEasiReach

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2009, 04:08:38 pm »
So have i found that maintenance is easy after the first clean but to charge just £6 is madness, but i reckon he does it for this cheap as he has another guy with him meaning he can do the place in half the time, not fair on lads like me who work 'on our own'
JRD Easi Reach
'The Ladderless Window Cleaning System'

simon smith50

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2009, 04:12:26 pm »
undercutting is a nonsense
we all have diferent outgoings so all need different amounts to break even ,
found a couple of lads local charging £10 a house started in june and by october had quite a round according to them . asked what system they use wfp ,trad ,
a ladder ,a spounge and a rag was their response .
how much was their insurance i asked them ., the response to this was oh yes must get some of that , they are now so called professional gardeners . makes you spit , cant clean windows its winter and cold they told me
now we're flying
flipper and pole all the way

johnny_h

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2009, 04:39:05 pm »
a mate of mine used to be a window cleaner worked for a right dodgy bunch he said they would go into an area charge £1 a house for the first 3 months then wack the price right up if the customer complained they got a bit heavy
AUDI VIDE TACE

d.ward

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2009, 07:14:16 pm »
a mate of mine used to be a window cleaner worked for a right dodgy bunch he said they would go into an area charge £1 a house for the first 3 months then wack the price right up if the customer complained they got a bit heavy

One of my customers got a gardening company like this. They sent out two men to walk around the property and kept increaseing the bill. Then when she said she didnt want them they kept returning and started to intimidate her. She was a pensioner on her own so was an easy target. She eventually phoned trading standards and the police. Think they disapeared after the atthorities got involved but there are companies like that out there