This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

stupid custies
« on: November 04, 2009, 04:47:45 pm »
ad a new custie yesterday got there when i said i would she said clean frames aswell i said no problem so dun the work charged her a good price she was not happy with the job so i looked at what was the problem there was literaly 1 inch on the sill i day clean so redone and she wants me every 3 months waste of time or what mates aaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! 

Blue Frog Systems

Re: stupid custies
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 05:01:14 pm »
Ring them and tell them its 4 or 8 weekly
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 05:03:59 pm »
i said that to her but she was adamant she wanted to ring me when they want doing next  >:(

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 05:04:27 pm »
ad a new custie yesterday got there when i said i would she said clean frames aswell i said no problem so dun the work charged her a good price she was not happy with the job so i looked at what was the problem there was literaly 1 inch on the sill i day clean so redone and she wants me every 3 months waste of time or what mates aaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! 

Sorry A & J, I don't understand this bit written above in red /\ - please explain. And why is it a waste of time?
It's a game of three halves!

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 05:09:04 pm »
And there's me thinkin i was goin mad  ;D

daz1977

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 05:15:20 pm »
i would just say ok, when she phones back up charge her a one off job price

john tomkins

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 07:24:20 pm »

Sorry A & J, I don't understand this bit written above in red /\ - please explain. And why is it a waste of time?
I can't believe for one monent you cannot decipher this ::)

Anyway, my take on it.....
The lady of the manor was unhappy due to the approximately 1 inch of surface area of the cill I have failed to clean to her satisfaction (the old cow).
Due to her insistance I then recleaned the aformentioned cill so it conformed to her requirements.
Unfortunately she now only requires that I frequent her abode at 3 monthly frequences, therefor making it financially unviable.

Mike 108

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 07:32:18 pm »
 ;D  very witty

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 06:05:30 pm »
john
im from the black country this is the way we spake round here basicaly she was moaning mate

Tosh

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 06:16:33 pm »
I have some domestic work at three monthly intervals, but its all very good paying stuff; so I have no problem with the interval as long as its priced accordingly.

But this lady sounds like she took you on at an agreed monthly interval, and then planned to find fault with your work so she could get you on your back foot before changing the agreed cleaning frequency to a longer interval.  Am I right?

If so, dump her!  Customers like this are rare, but they're out there.  She's just had a nice 'Christmas clean' out of you and probably isn't really bothered about the state of her windows long term.

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 06:25:47 pm »
she agreed to a monthly clean and agreed to clean frames on first visit then changed her mind later should have walked there and then

john tomkins

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 06:38:06 pm »
john
im from the black country this is the way we spake round here basicaly she was moaning mate
Right where I'm from too mate :)
I cor be that far from were yo am ;D

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 06:41:42 pm »
ar where ya based then mate  im in wombourne but coseley born and bred

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 06:47:21 pm »
i said that to her but she was adamant she wanted to ring me when they want doing next  >:(

Stand your ground.  You offer a monthly or two monthly service at your standard prices.  If they want to phone you as and when they need you, fine, but the minimum charge for that 'premium' service is £50

When they question that, tell them that wherever you are you will drop everything and come to do their windows.

For that they have to pay, and lots ;D ;D

I have one customer who is fine with that, the rest all declined my offer, which was the desired result.

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2009, 06:55:13 pm »
will try that mate did canvass that area she was the only one who called

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2009, 07:07:35 pm »
spot on john