This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tomlions

started
« on: November 04, 2009, 08:42:03 am »
well i've done it, done my first house on monday !! very nervous, got this and that wrong could'nt get anything out of the van without bashing stuff but anyway it was a first clean and the windows/ frames were minging, took me an hour and ten minutes to do but i was really pleased with the results.

rain stopped play yesterday but i'm off to do another 2 this morning, but i've learnt so much from monday i'll hopefully be a bit quicker today, plus all the tips and info from here i'v put into practice so thanks again guys.

tom

wire1078

Re: started
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 03:25:39 pm »
well done mate keep it up :)

DaveG

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 03:30:49 pm »
good on you mate ;D
You can't polish a turd

rg1

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 03:50:27 pm »
Well done and good luck for the future Tom :)
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 03:53:31 pm »
first day, all my gear was out to get me >:(
 it will come round to your way of doing it in the end ;)

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 04:30:30 pm »
Well done Tom. I've only been going a few weeks myself and I know that feeling on doing the first house, no matter how much practise you've done it still feels like the first time you've ever saw a window. Once you've got the 2nd and 3rd done it starts feeling easier.

I done 8 first cleans this morning and it felt fine from start to finish and I've got another tomorow with a cony so it's coming together.

Best of luck Tom

Paul

ryanst1982

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 04:37:09 pm »
Well done guys,

Ive not long started to. Had 3 this morning, all first cleans. How are you finding the techniques, are you both trad, Im getting better but still find when squeegeing that I lsometimes leave streaks and have great difficulty getting them off without smearing.

Hows your cleans coming along?

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 04:46:14 pm »
Hi Ryan

yes I'm trad, I'm getting better with the squeegy, I leave the odd line but I find it's because I'm putting to much presure on the blade and I just have a lighter touch next time and it seems fine. Still having to spend a bit time detailing, but it's getting better and once I've cracked the technique I'll start working on my speed.

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 05:02:17 pm »
great one mate welcome to the world of windowcleaning sounds you ad a great day you may get rained off a few times but you can always canvass for new custies on those days i do you will av a full round in no time

alan

pingu

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 05:09:25 pm »
1st day out you think all you gear is out to get you....3 years later I KNOW it is out to get me and I suspect mind control is happening.

Dave.

G Griffin

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 05:13:47 pm »
Well done guys,

Ive not long started to. Had 3 this morning, all first cleans. How are you finding the techniques, are you both trad, Im getting better but still find when squeegeing that I lsometimes leave streaks and have great difficulty getting them off without smearing.

Hows your cleans coming along?
You need to cut through the dirt, grease,grime etc first before being able to squeegee off properly. This is as important as your squeegee technique.
Many people just give the window a quick wipe with the applicator, which is not enough sometimes.
       This may not be your problem but could well be, if first cleans. Use plenty water, give a good soaking and more scrubbing or passes.
      A smaller squeegee could also help. Mostly, I use a 10" on houses.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

ryanst1982

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2009, 08:19:51 pm »
Cheers for the advice. Its definately getting better just the odd problem. Also find the scrim smudges to and I have washed them and boiled them now. Still il get there with practice im sure, Cheers

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2009, 08:25:42 pm »
Cheers for the advice. Its definately getting better just the odd problem. Also find the scrim smudges to and I have washed them and boiled them now. Still il get there with practice im sure, Cheers

Some scrims take a while to break-in. keep washing them and drying them out.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

Pureandclean

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2009, 09:25:50 pm »
Old window cleaner once told me he gave his scrims to his wife to clean the kitchen floor, for a week before he would use them.
I used to use them as a wet cloth for a while before I used them as a dry one.

Don't worry about speed when you first start, concentrate on doing a good job, and as your muscles start to get used to the demands on them, the speed will come after a while.

Mr Bungalow

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2009, 06:37:51 pm »
Onwards and upwards Tom.

All the best for the future.

Kind regards. :)