Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ryanst1982

Re: Update on inflatable roof rack
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2009, 08:58:01 am »
Cheers guys, appreciate the comment.

Gaby and Matt, pretty much spot on. Only got 14 customers at moment and for time I can devote to cleaning at the moment these serve there purpose fine. If things start taking off ofcourse il invest in better. But thanks for all comments all the same, and as for damage on car. Missus not me obviously!!

Chers Cozy but ive told you before, the fireman thing is a myth mate  ;D

TonyD

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2009, 12:35:37 pm »
I think you'll need a proper roof rack when busier, I wouldn't like to hit the M-way with that set up on the roof. 
Good luck with it though, if it does for a while then it's done it's job for you, thanks for posting up the pic.

ryanst1982

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2009, 01:46:41 pm »
Cheers, its definately secure, done 70 with it on today not a problem. Ive got all sorts of cables and straps keeping it in place so it doesnt even move an inch. And the rack itself connects through inside of the car so is going nowhere. Cheers for advice once again

martinsadie

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2009, 01:53:37 pm »
hate to put a dampner on things but what happens if you get a puncture  ;D ;D

dave.e

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2009, 02:45:57 pm »
hate to put a dampner on things but what happens if you get a puncture  ;D ;D

just pop in to the nearest halfords and get some bike patches ho and don;t for get the pump  ps sorry Ryan keep up the good work mate and your look back on this and laugh trust me  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ftp

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2009, 02:58:16 pm »
Can you take it off and turn it into a canoe? I could do with one this week.

Stevie G

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2009, 03:01:50 pm »
How are you getting work in an MPV? 

I know you have to start somewhere, but surely impression wise a van is the most suitable vehicle for window cleaning.  It's not as bad as a Nissan Micra with a ladder on top, but it's not far off.   ::)

MSTAV

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2009, 03:04:57 pm »
Stevie G..you have a bit of crap under your name mate, just thought id point it out. millllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

ryanst1982

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2009, 03:26:23 pm »
lol

loving the replies this is getting. If it gets a puncture my roof will get scratched nothing more, and as you can see from side a few scratches aint to much bother. And as long as poeople get good results from my cleans (which they are) then the transport I use to get to there house really doesnt matter.

As ive said before, I work full time as aLondon firefighter so cant dedicate to much time to cleaning right now so this serves its purpose for moment just fine, if I start getting more customers and therefore more money, il look into a van then. At moment this is all I need for amount of windows I am able to clean

Stevie G

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2009, 03:41:39 pm »
Very funny Mike, you muppet

I know you feel ashamed with your amateur pub team, but no need to diss the Hammers.

richywilts

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2009, 02:04:37 am »
WHATS HAPPENS IF YOU GET A PUNCTURE!!!!
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

darren69

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2009, 08:24:30 am »

I know you have to start somewhere, but surely impression wise a van is the most suitable vehicle for window cleaning.  It's not as bad as a Nissan Micra with a ladder on top, but it's not far off.   ::)

I use My Micra to do my window cleaning - cheap to run - £10 fuel lasts me 2 weeks.  ;)

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2009, 08:34:35 am »

to be honest, when starting out not to many customers even see what your driving. When I'm out canvesing I park my CAR and walk round an area. So whether they take me on or not has nothing to do with what I drive.

Obviously if in time I feel as though I need a van and can justify the spend, then I will go down that rout. But in the mean time my car will suffice.

jonnyald

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2009, 08:37:45 am »

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

micra is a cool window wagon ,,,, but i saw the coolest ever recently-its called a toyota yaris verso (06)   ,the rear door on this car opens sideaways , so the ladders can go on top and no bother .   the guy who has it tells me the backseats swivel so you can climb in and out the back door-how cool is that

ryanst1982

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2009, 12:20:15 pm »
Totally agree Murdie. By the time they know what im driving they are already my customer and already happy with the service so there not gonna change because of the vehicle I drive. Not sure this is an issue for anyone but id like to hope not. The service should be the main thing not the vehicle you use. And as for puncture, as I said before, ladder would still say secure but would prob suffer a few chips of paintwork from roof of car on side that has pucture. As long as you suecure ladder to rack properly, its going nowhere

dai

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2009, 08:00:49 pm »
I bought the Handyrack about 18 months ago from ALDI.
If for any reason the van was off the road, I have the option of using my trailer with the car.
As said above, they are rated for 80Kg, and if they were not fit for purpose they wouldn't be allowed to sell them.
I have yet to use mine, but it's there if I need it, I think they are a brilliant idea.

ryanst1982

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2009, 09:13:04 pm »
Well said Dai.
They are good and definately useful, maybe not as a permanent roof rack but good to have all the same.