This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

I wonder.....
« on: November 02, 2009, 05:55:40 pm »
Cleaning conservatoty glass today that was covered in snail trails and cobwebs and to be honest was struggling to shift it. Sod thisI thought and got a bottle of cillit bang degreaser out of the van and sprayed the glass. Worked a treat.
Got me wondering if pure water could be diluted with a degreaser and get away with it? Anyone experimented with it?
Suppose isopropanal is a degreaser. Wondered if any of the other products would work.

john tomkins

Re: I wonder.....
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 07:04:04 pm »
Anything like that and I get the TFR out and give it a good spray, as long as you don't let it dry it works a treat

Mr Bungalow

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 10:38:20 pm »
Hello ftp,

Yes, I've experimented with it mixing pure water and unger liquid works very well indeed also less chance of leaving watermarks when working with the traditional methods of window cleaning.

Kind regards.

Mr Bungalow

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 10:38:41 pm »
Hello ftp,

Yes, I've experimented with it mixing pure water and unger liquid works very well indeed also less chance of leaving watermarks when working with the traditional methods of window cleaning.

Kind regards. :)

Mr Bungalow

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 10:40:40 pm »
Hello ftp,

Kind regards.

Sorry, getting a little over zealous posting the same message twice, by mistake i might add. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) 

chopsie

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 10:46:41 pm »
straying slightly off topic.I have seen a post on youtube where someone adds vinegar to pure water to make the water sheet better.anyone had any experiance of this and would you recommend it,if so what ratio?
chopsie

tom2009

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 11:00:56 pm »
Anything like that and I get the TFR out and give it a good spray, as long as you don't let it dry it works a treat
daft question but whats TFR?

chopsie

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 11:03:57 pm »
traffic film remover.only use non caustic stuff.gardiners poles sell some for around £25 for 25 litre barrel,I got some yesterday from a HGV suppliers for 12.50 plus vat.
chopsie

tom2009

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 11:06:54 pm »
 Is it generally available? I'll google it - thanks for your help  :)

chopsie

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 11:12:00 pm »
I am only just finding this stuff out,I googled it and saw it was sold by car and Hgv suppliers,I knew of a place near me as i used to drive trucks as part of my last job,went to them and got it cheaper than any place i seen on net.Just ask at a local truck firm where they get stuff from
chopsie

tom2009

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 11:16:26 pm »
Thanks Chopsie! my neighboor drives hgv's for a living I'll ask him.

john tomkins

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 12:05:25 am »
traffic film remover.only use non caustic stuff.gardiners poles sell some for around £25 for 25 litre barrel,I got some yesterday from a HGV suppliers for 12.50 plus vat.

Never had a problem in 3 years with the caustic to be honest, just dilute it to instructions and you'll be fine, it definately works better than "non" for our line of work (according to my supplier)