This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

how do you manage your round?

Paper & Pen
George
Window Cleaner Pro
Round Tracker V.4
other
round management
« on: November 01, 2009, 04:32:35 pm »
Just wondered what the preferred method for round management was

Sean Dyer

Re: round management
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 05:07:47 pm »
wcp all the way bruv :)

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 05:14:19 pm »
Microsoft Works database and spreadsheets for me.  A pig to set up but OK to update once done.
If I ever decide to grow the business in a big way, I may need to change things though.

martinsadie

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 06:22:28 pm »
spreadsheets on the computer, easy to alter and just print out each seperate round after it is cleaned,cant imagine why anyone needs to waste money on programes when its already there

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 06:51:30 pm »
Although a promising title for a topic, the quality of the answers given and thinking behind them is pretty dire.Managing a round properly is what sets people apart. A few people have mentioned how a round becomes a monster, some have even sold it or walked away just to lose the burden, so managing it properly is key to both hanging onto your sanity and stress levels, and equally important, maximising income while minimizing effort.

My view on this is that owning software helps, but this is not in itself round management.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 06:58:48 pm »
I voted Goerge, but my wife does all the management for me :P
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Dale Smith

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 07:15:47 pm »
Although a promising title for a topic, the quality of the answers given and thinking behind them is pretty dire.Managing a round properly is what sets people apart. A few people have mentioned how a round becomes a monster, some have even sold it or walked away just to lose the burden, so managing it properly is key to both hanging onto your sanity and stress levels, and equally important, maximising income while minimizing effort.

My view on this is that owning software helps, but this is not in itself round management.

So so true this is.
I use George & swear by it.
But at the end of the day it is just software, you have to keep it up to date and feed it the info, but I find George superb.
Swindon, Wiltshire.

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 07:17:11 pm »

How do you manage yours then SB?  Of course I agree that owning software is only a partial answer.  I suppose I could also have added that I set it up to give a view (or printout if required) of work that is becoming due over the next x days (I can stipulate the "x" and change it easily), who owes money and how much.  I have a word processor document that prints off invoices for jobs that require them (I keep a separate database of invoiced jobs and use mailmerge to print them).  I have a comprehensive list of customers and their contact details.  Printing out end of year lists for accounts does use a bit of time but it's not too bad once you settle on something that works OK.
This is fine as a sole trader but I would probably need to do things a bit better if employing or subcontracting work out.  I think I could get away with my current methods but would need separate databases for each employee/subbie.  One problem with MSWorks is that it doesn't allow the linking of spreadsheets and databases.
Something I could do with is the ability to print out/view all past cleans and payments of an individual job.  I imagine this would be possible with my current software but haven't bothered looking up how best to do it yet.
Of course, keepingf up with thew work can be tricky at times so it's important to build in some flexibility too.

bad trippy

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 08:39:07 pm »
i just cant understand how you can put these print outs safely in your pocket without them getting ripped to a pulp, surely a small note pad is more rigid and fits much better?
I always have a day book with me ,well the mrs does lol its the most important book i own,it has all the outstanding on it which latter i transfer over to the outstanding book when i get home.
It has info on it like cancelled custys new custys new prices etc etc.
Its dated at the top of the page at what week number it is, ie if its week 31 then when its week 35 all i have to do is copy, of coarse any amenments are allready recorded
As the meerkat says, its simple
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

JRDEasiReach

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 05:10:03 pm »
is it possible for anyone to send me a copy via email of wcp? i currently use pen and paper in my diary, find it useful at the minute but time consuming
JRD Easi Reach
'The Ladderless Window Cleaning System'

ianhannaford

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 05:14:29 pm »
is it possible for anyone to send me a copy via email of wcp? i currently use pen and paper in my diary, find it useful at the minute but time consuming

Hi,

You can download a free trial copy from www.windowcleanerpro.com

Thanks and let me know if you have any problems

Ian

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 06:39:01 pm »
my round managment consists of me wife kicking me out of bed at 7am chucks me breekie at me then i  av a pee chuck me work gear on she tells me wat im doing today then kicks me out of the house and yells at me dow cum back till ya earned £150 or ya wow get any tea !!! 8)

fergus77

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 06:50:49 pm »
George and Pocket George all the way, easy to use, does the job and fantastic value for money