This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

GB Window Cleaning

Re: pricing
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2009, 06:46:05 pm »
@ mark dew. ive been cleaning roughly 6 months now.

Dean Taberner

« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2009, 07:08:41 pm »
This thread has been superb,

I was too tired to get involved last night,

George from GD roundbuilders has done a superb job for us in the past and I would definately use him again in the future,

Ive just had my part time lad finish on me and im coming up to a very busy time so theres not much call for extra domestics at the moment but as soon as it slows down I will be on the phone to george,

Dean
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2009, 10:33:38 pm »
yeah ive really enjoyed this thread too. thankyou to everyone for all your help!

george (G B Window cleaning)

« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2009, 08:08:14 pm »
I have an opinion but to some people that is not allowed as I am not a window cleaner, I could never tell any business man how to run his business..

But in my opinion if you are a window cleaner with anything less than a full work load you would be mad to walk away from a customer for a pound or two, its better to be cleaning windows than sat at home wishing you had work...

You also can readjust the pricing over the next few months as once your new customer knows you they are much more likely to accept the 2 pound price increase, you also never know where a job can lead...... I mean referrals etc.
This is where your lack of window cleaning knowledge shows up. Anyone who thinks that you can agree a price then increase it in 2 months time is delusional. In fact try upping your price in the following 12 months and you will have a problem. You may well get recommendations but they will talk about how much it costs and if they have similar houses you will be hard pressed to explain any discrepancy in price structure.
I believe only a ROUNDBUILDER would not walk away until he had under priced a customer who wanted to haggle. The reason being is that a ROUNDBUILDER will make x3 or whatever on ANY signed up customer so better for the ROUNDBUILDER to lose x3 of the difference than not secure the job . However the WINDOW CLEANER is left having to service this customer EVERY MONTH wasting time when he could be cleaning higher priced work. Plus bear in mind the WINDOW CLEANER is PAYING for someone to build him a round. The ROUNDBUILDER should work hard to get the work at the value that the WINDOW CLEANER puts on it, not how much the ROUNDBUILDER thinks he can get. If I say I want a minimum price of £15.00 I would not pay for work that was priced up at £10.00.
This particular round builder needs to realise that he does not have the experience in this trade as many others on here who have commented and been 'put down' by this know-it-all!!

But as i said before each to their own.......

Window Washers

« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2009, 09:35:49 pm »
I have to say GDroundbuilder I was playing you a little the other night as I could see you biting.

But on quite a couple of points I was being serious.

main one is I make the prices up for my company, if I hire people to get ME work they work to MY pricing Not What they think because I really do know my market better than any canvasser or canvassing company, why is this? this is because I canvass my self, I speak to alot of people in my areas and I know my target markets also I am the customer and I am always right  ;D
I would walk away for £1 this is what makes my company grow where others are shrinking, I can say no and will..

Would I ever use your service, I do think I would as you just  come back for more and more and I like this and I was being serious when I said you should listen... as your market is limited in repeat custom
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

mark dew

« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2009, 01:07:10 am »
Kind of the point of roundbuilding is they dont have higher priced work to clean!!! If they did then they wouldnt need me......

Your arguement would stand if they had a full work book but they dont....

I will take that as a compliment windowwashers, if you did a little research on me you would find out I work very closely with my clients and I rarely lose them, alot of what I talk about on here is in principle not reality. People on here dont take individual circumstances into account when they say things on here.....

Anyway if anyone would like to explore using a roundbuilder further then email me george@gdrb.co.uk

Yeah good luck. I understood what you said.  :)

Dave Turley

« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2009, 07:29:34 am »
I don't believe there is such a thing as a going rate in a given area.

i'm in the lucky position of having as much work as I want. the phone keps ringing and i'm working to refine my work with the right jobs at the right (ever increasing) prices.

i'm getting away with charging twice as much as many of my competitors because most custy's have no idea what the going rate may be.

as long as they feel confident that you are professional, trustworthy and will do a great job they are likely to sign up regardless of price. (that's how I seems to me).

nowadays , when I pull up outside a house I think to myself "do I WANT this job", and price it accordingly.

my advice to anyone would be- keep working hard, advertise as much as you can afford, and don't let people take advantage of you.

Dave Turley

« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2009, 10:25:21 am »
I totally agree 100%. 5 years now!

Window Washers

« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2009, 10:27:03 am »
Hi Dave

Again its all a case of the position you are in, you are in a very positive position and have probably been in the business for years...

The same rules dont apply for guys who are just starting out or building their business
I am still building my business
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Gaby P.

« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2009, 10:26:08 pm »
lol you have not offered to help once, you only offer critisism.

I know enough about pricing to know my customers are very happy with my work, I dont seek or need your approval.......

Thats my last word to you ewan....

You can't argue with Ewan........He can pick a fight in an empty house ;D

cozy

« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2009, 10:32:47 pm »
Took me 9 months to get to know him. He just comes across abit short sometimes.Not saying it gets better, just helps if you know him. He has been worse :D

I actually like reading his fights 8)

Gaby P.

« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2009, 10:35:02 pm »
We are ALL wrong. He (Ewan) knows what he's talking about, even though he is a car park attendant at Tesco's, so I've heard. ;D

Gaby P.

« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2009, 10:45:20 pm »
We are ALL wrong. He (Ewan) knows what he's talking about, even though he is a car park attendant at Tesco's, so I've heard. ;D

I have heard they call you Goby, I’ve also heard you & others have seen off Squeaky Clean! (Like a pack of dogs)  ::)

Yes Ewan, It's Gobby and not Goby. Don't forget to concentrate on me, to make all the more difficult to answer posts go away for you.

Gaby P.

« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2009, 10:57:35 pm »
No Goby, I know what I wrote, maybe you should stick to single word association

::)

I don't care Ewan, if you spell Gobby with with 4 M's and a silent Q. It just shows your inability to learn. That's why YOU have problems with words like there and their, or too and to.

Gaby P.

« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2009, 11:13:23 pm »
Your invoices and quotes must be hilarious ;D

Gaby P.

« Reply #95 on: November 03, 2009, 11:20:37 pm »
No stupid, GDroundbuilder ask for help pricing, go ahead help him  ::)

The reason, it's not important to you, it's because YOU didn' t pay attention at school, now it's too late and too complicated for you Ewan.

Gaby P.

« Reply #96 on: November 03, 2009, 11:48:28 pm »
Gaby mate he really aint worth it.....

he seems to enjoy all this, best way to get to him is ignore him...

You are absolutely right

Dean Taberner

« Reply #97 on: November 04, 2009, 12:00:08 am »
Ewan,

you really are a crazy character.
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

Window Washers

« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2009, 07:23:48 am »
lol...................... :-X sorry Ewan I found that funny.

Before i'm jumped on about my spelling and/or grammer, I know it is poor, I did not learn much at school as I was rarely there ::) not through bunking off I might add!

Neil

« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2009, 09:54:10 am »
Stuck at home babysitting a poorly little girl today so this forum is a bit of light relief, I was really enjoying this tread up to the point it got personal.

I was a big user of this and one or two other forums when they first started years ago but stopped as I got sick of the personal insults, I am disappointed but not surprised to see it still continues. oh well I guess I will just have to learn to accept some people can’t help themselves and either enjoy a good mudslinging match or don’t have the ability to ignore things.

Anyway as I said, A great thread and much learned, I personally have a very simple and effective method of pricing, I could explain it to a 10 year old in 2 minutes and guarantee that any house they were asked to price would be EXACTLY the right price (according to my requirements) every single time so don’t seem to have the problem many of you seem to experience. It is easy to use and adjustable by pennies or pounds with ease.