Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jim_77

Re: Cleaners Mate Software
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2009, 03:06:20 pm »
Information Commission ;)

http://www.ico.gov.uk/

Read the laws on storing data about people and work out what you need to do about it.

Being a registered "Data Controller" costs you £35 a year from memory.

derek west

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2009, 05:13:08 pm »
displaying 115 clients. and 3 days into my evaluation.  :( so boring i could watch a whole episode of noels house party without vommitting blood. ;D
derek

derek west

« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2009, 05:24:55 pm »
average job ticket is £90.86, woooohooooooooooooo
derek

paul moss

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2009, 05:26:53 pm »
Derek, it is time consuming getting it all in at first, my wife took days and days doing ours,but once its in its great.

Today she did a mail merge with all Decembers customers for the last 3 years and sent them out a  Christmas nudge letter . 150 letters and it took her minutes to merge them and print them off. Also with the new software it also does your envelope addresses. So the hardest part was putting them into the envelope and putting a stamp on them( and the dearest :( 39 pence a stamp)

derek west

« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2009, 07:45:59 pm »
39p????????? your avin a giraffe aren't ya. is it really that dear now for a stamp. be cheaper go round and hand deliver em

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2009, 09:45:38 pm »
30p for a 2nd class stamp for me it's too much and I am looking at different ways of attracting database customers.

Shaun

« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2009, 01:55:56 pm »
Shaun anything over 5p is a lot for you :'(

Those of you who have tried the software earlier and could'nt quite decide whether to go with it or not and now want to have another look.

If you e-mail Kevin on (admin@clean-pro.co.uk) he will send you another activation code so you can have another go.

And for those of you who like Sheffield Shaun find the postage to much, the great part about Cleaners Mate is there is a field for e-maill address so mailshots can just be a matter of pressing a button and your offers are delivered to your customers at a blink of an eye whether the postmen are on strike or not. ;)

Jim_77

« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2009, 05:44:25 pm »
My only bug bear is that the version of .NET on my PC isn't compatible with Cleaners Mate.

This means I have to download a different version of .NET and install it on my PC.

I had a VERY bad experience screwing around with .NET when I tried installing something else that required a different version, so unfortunately that's a big concrete wall in the way for me :(

I can't risk screwing up my PC again.

richy27

« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2009, 08:59:22 am »
My only bug bear is that the version of .NET on my PC isn't compatible with Cleaners Mate.

This means I have to download a different version of .NET and install it on my PC.

I had a VERY bad experience screwing around with .NET when I tried installing something else that required a different version, so unfortunately that's a big concrete wall in the way for me :(

I can't risk screwing up my PC again.

Kevin will send you a disk if you pefer

richy27

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2009, 09:05:04 am »
well its taken me a week of doin a few hours each night and have trans all my paper onto cl mate. only beeb in bus a year so only had few hundred clients to input. 

All on paper in folders so was bit mundane. found the easiest way to create the client list from my contacts folder (paper) then create an invoice with the same date as client was cleaned with a 0 value and then go through all my invoice books adding the values . Now its all done its really worth it .

davep

« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2009, 10:35:56 am »
Make sure you go to settings and back it up, you will be gutted if you got a bug and lost it all  :P

paul moss

« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2009, 09:44:53 pm »
Dave P , thats good common sence but its amazing how many people forget.

Why is Buster Ingram now a guest?

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2009, 09:49:56 pm »
Paul

I saw Dave today and he told me he has deleted himself from CIU.

Steve

paul moss

« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2009, 09:55:13 pm »
Whats happened now!

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2009, 10:03:45 pm »
He's got the hump with a couple of things that have been posted on here - not for me to say what, best give him a buzz.

Steve

« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2009, 10:41:49 pm »
Unless things have changed you don't need data protection licence if it's purely for sales and marketing purposes to customers.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2009, 10:44:29 pm »
Was unaware that anything had upset him, perhaps I should read all of the posts.

Shaun

« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2009, 10:51:51 pm »
All I said was "How's the SEO going?" :-X

derek west

« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2009, 11:10:04 pm »
displaying 221 clients and only 5 months of diary to go. woohoooo
derek