Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Cleaners Mate Software
« on: October 25, 2009, 12:33:45 am »
Anyone else using this data base software?
I have to say over the years I have run data bases from Dos to micro soft and found them a ballache setting up the macro's to track data for advertising.

So after a short break of 12 months and now starting all over again in a new county, what with demoing the New Phoenix Truckmount and answering calls from cleaners looking to trade up to truckmounted equiment  coupled with pushing my wand across carpet. The thought of sitting down and designing yet another data base does not exsite me in the least.
Anyone looking for an easey way of doing things my advice would be have a look at this software its well worth the money.

www.carpetcleaningsoftware.co.uk

suffolkclean

Re: Cleaners Mate Software
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 07:17:06 am »
It looks good Dave how much does it cost? - Found price £250 - I think we would need software to include other sorts of cleaning too - does anyone recommend software for that? This is something we need to get but keep putting it off

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 08:12:31 am »
Dave as an experienced Carpet Cleaner starting over  what would be interesting is what you are doing to build your customer base ?

My son has recentley developed a software  programme for us .

The difficulty we have  is the disipline  to actually enter the data.

Its a bit like the small bussiness putting everything in a shoe box  or plastic create for the accountant  to sort

james roffey

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 04:26:56 pm »
Yes i have it used it from the beginning and enter all my customers on it its a good piece of kit and the back up from Kevin in great

derek west

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 04:45:07 pm »
tried the trial version and very impressed but the daunting task of putting in 1 and a half years of customers and there invoices puts me off doing it. trouble is, the longer i leave it, the more names there will be to add.
shame you can't send yur client list off and then upload cleaners mate with all of the details added. ;D

derek

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 10:05:54 pm »
What I like about it is it's simple. No fancy features to distract, just bung 'em on and send out the letters.  :)

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 10:59:20 pm »
Derek shame on you one and a half years!

Why not start from tomorrow and work backwards with your data?

If your data is in access you can transfer it straight across and input the inoices later.
That should keep you off the forum for at least a week ;D

Ian,

To fill my data I have customers from newpaper adds, internet and cold calling.
Prity much the same as when I ran the business before only difference is I don't
take the crap I did before.

derek west

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 11:16:35 pm »

If your data is in access you can transfer it straight across and input the inoices later.
That should keep you off the forum for at least a week

i wish

try an A5 diary :o

its the misses job, she's the secratary, trouble is, once she dons the secratary outfit, nothing gets done. ;) ;D

derek

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 12:29:54 am »
Derek an A5 Diary, your having a laugh how in the name of God are you going to mailshot your clients to tell them you've made your first million!

Jesus lad you will have to get cracking on kev's soft ware.
Now! would be a good idea.

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2009, 12:38:58 am »
Took me awhile to do nearly 12 months.

it ruined my eye sight

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2009, 07:40:41 pm »
I like millions of others have just had an email from Lisa Wagner.

Its about Carpet Cleaners doing the Wrong Jobs to save money

In an ideal World you should contract out these jobs ie data entry and concentrate on Marketing and cleaning the occasional carpet while you are doing the jobs that bring in the big bucks.  Leave to others work that is less than your hourly rate.##

Thats The Theory

Putting into Practice Well

colin thomas

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2009, 07:55:42 pm »
i tried this software last year but there was something about it i didn't like, can't remember what it was, tried to download it again yesterday to give it another try and i needed an extension key to install the software again, e-mailed asking for the said key and kevin has sent it to me today, top man, this time i will give it a decent run-out and see if i like the new version,

colin
colin thomas

derek west

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2009, 08:22:43 pm »
question
if i hand over my diary to a secretary and tell her to make me a database of all my clients from day 1. what should she do it in so i can transfer it straight to cleaners mate.

all i need do then is all the invoices

hmmmmmmmmmmm

maybe i should just hand over the laptop and cleaners mate as well. let her do the lot and bang it up to date.

derek

Len Gribble

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2009, 08:56:52 pm »
Dose any one use this software on there mobile phone?

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2009, 09:00:22 pm »
Go for plan B Derek ( Hand the laptop over)

Not yet Len but looking to run it on a PDA

paul moss

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2009, 09:30:22 pm »
I also use this software.

Good bit of kit.

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2009, 03:04:54 pm »
Fantastic software.

Derek

I had an old database based on Access. But Access is just a fancy form of Excel.

Kevin put me in touch with one of the developers of the software. Sent him my database and for a small fee he converted it into CleanersMate. That covered my first four and a half years trading. I've kept upto date with inputting data this year and have back-tracked about 18 months. I've only got another 3+ years of diary entried to now input. :o

Roger
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

derek west

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2009, 04:37:15 pm »
just got an email off the kevster, all sorted now, well! i know what to do.
derek

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2009, 05:51:30 pm »
Does this mean you'll be on your pewter and not the net Derek :-[

derek west

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2009, 06:05:38 pm »
i know what to do as in, i know what instructions to give the secratary thats gonna do it ;D
derek