Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave_Lee

Re: Are you also quiet?
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2005, 12:45:57 am »
It feels quieter than normal here, but thats possibly because Ive not done many suites lately (hoorah!) and for the same money cleaning carpet is much quicker. Turnover is up and thats the main thing.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Doug Holloway

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2005, 07:45:13 am »
Hi Guys,

I am busy, had 5 jobs come in yesterday , none very big but keeps me 8 days ahead.

I have noticed that my leaflet response is down but my old customer response is very good at the moment.

I found carpet cleaning a very frustrating business for years , and it is only the last 5 that I have become busy enough that the troughs and peaks even out , because I am well ahead.

Cheers,

Doug

Paul Phillips

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2005, 10:04:14 am »
Hi All,

After a slow start, things are slowly getting better for me. I suppose there will always be areas of the country where some are slow and others are not. The only way to get a good idea of a general slowdown for all of us would be to talk to the people who supply us ALL across the country. Speak with the suppliers and ask them if they are seeing a slowdown.........

If they are, then we all need to up our selling to get more work per person. If they are not seeing a alow down then you need to look at your own set up and decide if you are going about thing correctly.

Not advice, just a way of deciding what you have to do to turn things around. Either way, you need to get out there and sell yourself.

I picked up a nice lucrative job only 4 days ago......  A health club I was passing was having building work done, went inside and asked to speak with manager, mentioned I noticed they were having the work done and had he considered having carpets cleaned afterwards. Went back 1 hour later and did the quote. £1000 job, booked there and then and told me he will want it done every three months! So the work is there, just grab the chances when you see them!

Paul
Resolve Services UK Ltd.
Covering Gloucester and Cheltenham

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2005, 10:38:47 pm »
I'm extremely busy this month, like I was last month, and like I will be next month and the month after.  I can pretty much gauge my income to the nearest £100 each month.

I suggest you sack the carpet cleaning, take up window cleaning and also do carpet cleaning as an 'add-on'; good for when the weather is bad.

Window Cleaning is mostly repeat business; and the rare one-off jobs are highly priced.

Once you build up your round; there's no 'chasing work'.  Only improving on what you've gathered; and chopping the less lucrative bits.

Honest!  No quiet months for established window cleaners!

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2005, 11:32:28 pm »
If you are not established yet or have let things go on the marketing side try making a data base (keeps me in work all year round), you may not have got many customers but you'll be suprised how often they will buy and if you send them a colourful letter ie content and ask for referals it will more than pay for itself and is a great confidence booster when the phone rings regularly.

Shaun