Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cheryl new

Are you also quiet?
« on: May 31, 2005, 12:53:25 pm »
Is it just me or has the domestic carpet & upholstery cleaning market gone quiet?

In the past 2 weeks I've cleaned several rugs, but not had 1 enquiry for carpets or upholstery.
 ???

Cheryl

ian richards

Re: Are you also quiet?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 01:17:35 pm »

Hi Cheryl

I'm the same, it's gone dead my end too.

What i hate about this business is that its got no set pattern ???

Last month i did an advertisment offering free this and free that, and it went barmy, so i did the same this month and i have recieved just one phone call :(

Ian

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 03:56:30 pm »
HI Ian

Have you done what I told you to do with your van?

Gav
Gavin Reardon IICRC / NCCA

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk

Bryan H

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 04:17:15 pm »
Has been pretty quiet all this year so far, although May has not been too bad, had some decent sized jobs which boosted turnover.

Number of jobs well down on last year, but as I consider myself semi-retired now, I am not too bothered.

I'm sure recent overspending on credit and higher taxes all round are coming home to roost.  It was inevitable sooner or later.

Bryan
Christal Clean - Berks

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 04:27:17 pm »
im very busy. just finished a lovely job. did not get paid in cash though took a puppy as payment a 10 week old yorkshire terrier, i might soon need it as protection from some of you so naming it killer. :o
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

Glynn

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 04:42:04 pm »
Flat out here.
Regards
Glynn

Mark Roberts

cleanability

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2005, 05:37:53 pm »
Same here. Very very quiet.

Chris

Karl Wildey

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2005, 05:47:03 pm »
Over all quiet, one week its good then goes quiet again. Its half term here in Norfolk, whcih tends to mean a quiet time, but then there is always something that you can say its quiet for, election, holidays, snow, easter etc.

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2005, 05:48:53 pm »
do you know why you are so quiet.because you are using negatives, cant, shant , wont ,dont, not and so on, if you want to be busy wake up in the morning and change your line of thought to i can, i will, and do something about it. by all agreeing with each other does it make you feel better?no. it makes you feel worse change your modus operendi.and go out and do different ways og getting business in. its out there.and plenty of it. open your eyes. and stop worki9ng in the identical way of each other you can not you cant, good luck sherlock :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2005, 06:13:56 pm »
Nice post Sherlock. I too am from Kent and things are ticking over rather well at the moment (turning over around 100 pounds per week more than last year). Good luck Cheryl and stick with it. Get out there and do some visits, it works for me when I am quiet.

Karl Wildey

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2005, 06:46:27 pm »
In the morning I am busy waking up.

One step at a time.

John_Flynn

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2005, 07:13:55 pm »
Thae market has been Pregnant for 3 weeks !!!
I get better looking each day!!

Len Gribble

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2005, 08:09:33 pm »
It’s only Tuesday and I have already have had one day off got another on Thursday. >:( :(

Karl

Know what’s like but I have the solution! ;D

John

Talking in the past! Are thee still Prego? ??? :o

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2005, 09:23:49 pm »
Len if you are talking about John's belly it's bought and paid for!

Shaun who is always out of the way of the kids, because it's easier finding work!!

Shaun

Karl Wildey

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2005, 09:51:15 pm »
Len,
nice wit  :D :D :D

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2005, 09:53:40 pm »
Pehaps if you guys spent your 3 grand and joined fasttrack then you woul'nt be quite!!!May is the busiest month i've ever had in three years

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2005, 09:59:47 pm »
please ill teach you more on ablind date . you dont need to spend 3000. to learn the tricks of any trade. you need whoomph. you need open eyes . you need to watch listen, and learn all these things can be bought far cheaper. nothing wrong with learning and having to pay. but you are a salesman in this game. and if you aint one you never will be however much you spend

John_Flynn

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2005, 11:15:44 pm »
Doc Watson

Can you lock that Sherlock away he is getting on my breasts.
I get better looking each day!!

ABLECLEAN

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2005, 11:16:57 pm »
I went fishing on Sunday and today and I love it, I do not live to work like some of you, I earn plenty and still have time off. Yes I am quiet at the moment but I have just finished an estimate worth "Five Grand" I may or may not get it but If you recall I said I was a great believer in Yellow pages ads that is why I spent £4500 on mine this year. This lead was from the yellow pages ad and the facilities manager told me he picked my company because of the professional layout of my ad!! So If I do get the job it will have paid for a years advertising in one hit.  So there. ;)