Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

RO working OK again now
« on: October 23, 2009, 05:52:24 pm »
I wondered why my  merlin (on low pressure) had gradually drifted from about 40 litres an hour of pure down to about 15.  It had been a fairly gradual decline over a year but had recently accelerated.
Well I finally let the moths fly out of my wallet and changed the membranes.  They were a very dirty dark brown - oops !!  I put new ones in and POW - back up to where it was a couple of years back.
Serves me right for being a tightwad  :)

smearo

Re: RO working OK again now
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 06:03:58 pm »
is it quie straight forward changing the filters over on the merlin ??? ???

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 06:11:29 pm »

Yes.  No problem.  It's important to ensure the they are seated centrally and done up pretty tight.  The layout on mine is top housing contains carbon pre-filter.  Lower two housings contain membranes.  I understand that sometimes people do slightly different configurations though.
N.B.  I have an iron and a sediment pre-filter before the merlin housings.

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 06:49:32 pm »

Yes.  No problem.  It's important to ensure the they are seated centrally and done up pretty tight.  The layout on mine is top housing contains carbon pre-filter.  Lower two housings contain membranes.  I understand that sometimes people do slightly different configurations though.

Do you mean you have your DI before the Merlin?

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 12:24:59 am »

Do you mean you have your DI before the Merlin?

Matt

No.  The DI comes after the RO - though I haven't mentionerd the DI in my post.  I can't see why you thought that from my post.  ??