This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ianhannaford

Re: shall I use a wc program if so, which?
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2009, 01:51:55 pm »
I think George is easy to use, WCP is doing my head in on the free trial. will keep trying though. Thinking about it i'll stick to george, never had a problem in 4 years and covers everything i need. except reciepts!
WCP is different from George and does take a bit of getting used to, but it doesn't take to long.

Brad or Ian, do you guys ever check your own forum?

Q is it possible to set up WCP to blank out sat sun as non working days in general, or would you have to specify a working day in each individual job?
thanks

Hi,

Sorry I just answered your question on our forum.

At the moment there is no easy way to do this but it is on the development list. You could go through each job and specify the working days but its a time consuming task so I would not recommend doing that.

Thanks

Ian

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2009, 02:08:55 pm »
thanks ;)

Mike #1

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2009, 07:53:53 am »
anybody used round tracker £25.00

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2009, 08:21:41 am »
tried it, but couldn't get into it :(

Steve_c

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2009, 09:23:23 am »
anybody used round tracker £25.00
Iv got it, I'm really struggling with it. my Mrs is preserving with the program. Might look at WCP i suspect it has not down loaded properly. :-\

R W C

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2009, 09:31:25 am »
Had round trackers lasted about a week, then got george which is a very good programme but lasted about 3 months then got wcp and still have and cant see myself using any other product, people may moan about the price but I cant fault it and even if it was £177 ayear Id pay it, theres not many products in this job that we could buy and theyd last as long as needed them, this product will outlast any poles etc.

bobby p

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2009, 09:51:28 am »
i use  Roundtracker  v4 ,    been good

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2009, 10:16:38 am »
Had round trackers lasted about a week, then got george which is a very good programme but lasted about 3 months then got wcp and still have and cant see myself using any other product, people may moan about the price but I cant fault it and even if it was £177 ayear Id pay it, theres not many products in this job that we could buy and theyd last as long as needed them, this product will outlast any poles etc.

From where I'm sitting, the only thing it really lacks is a data export facility (for .csv).
It's not priority to do this so I will wait until it is in place before I trial the program (sounds like I will have a long wait  ;D ).
In the meanwhile, I will persevere with MSWorks database and spreadsheet.  It was a pig to set up but relatively easy for me to use once I got it the way I wanted it.
However, the other thing that bothers me about less widely used programs is the potential for future support and upgrades/updates (operating systems come and go).  OK, so it would be possible to put aside a partition on the drive to run an old O/S that goes with the software but most people (self included) don't want to be bothered with this.   Although the system I use is fairly archaic and is no longer supported by Microsoft, there is plenty of quality support on the internet and usenet.  While, obviously, I wish the authors of WCP, George, Roundtracker etc. well, if at some future date they were unable to provide support any longer (anyone can get longterm sick), I would be concerned about program support.  Of course I would be concerned about their health too.  I'm not a totally cold fish   ;D .
I have to admit that I feel a bit lazy about learning new software too.
If the appropriate drivers existed for my hardware, I would be perfectly happy running Windows98SE.  I still feel it's the best O/S that Microsoft came up with in balancing stability and ease of use with being non-intrusive.