This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mr D

shall I use a wc program if so, which?
« on: October 22, 2009, 08:37:10 pm »
Hi all. need your help again. I've had a free trial of George on my lap top 4 yonks now but never used it.

My old method is becoming harder to upkeep so I'm wondering if I should look in to getting it up and going.

i know there are others on the market so I'm wondering is George the best out there or not?

Also how much is George to get going full version and is it a one off payment or will I need to keep forking out or risk losing what work I have on it?

davids3511

Re: shall I use a wc program if so, which?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 08:39:52 pm »
I havce only ever used George so can't compare but I think it is perfect for what I need it to do. Only £50.00 for life too.

mr D

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 09:00:48 pm »
Thanks david.

do you know if I were to upload my customers on to it when I upgrade will it just just do so or will I need to reload it all.

I think if I had to do that twice I'd take my own life!

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 09:18:50 pm »
Having used George for 2 years and WCP for the last couple of months, I have to say I have gone over to WCP. It costs more, but it is better, look at it as an investment.

R W C

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 09:42:49 pm »
I too was pondering this for quite a while.

I have been using for many years a paper based system and invoices printed on Word. I am now trialling WCP and think that it is going to do what I want. My first choice was ServiceCEO but at £1500 it was just a little steep for me. I have done about 20 days now on WCP and with my commercial round a lot of the features are not really used. What I do like is the automated debt list and payment register. I also like being able to print invoices with just a couple of clicks of the mouse as most of my work is invoiced.

BradMonks

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 10:26:09 pm »
Hi all. need your help again. I've had a free trial of George on my lap top 4 yonks now but never used it.

My old method is becoming harder to upkeep so I'm wondering if I should look in to getting it up and going.

i know there are others on the market so I'm wondering is George the best out there or not?

Also how much is George to get going full version and is it a one off payment or will I need to keep forking out or risk losing what work I have on it?

Hi, you can take a free 45 day trial of Window Cleaner Pro and do a back-to-back comparison of George (www.windowcleanerpro.com), if you already have some data in George format i can convert it into a WCP data file if required, feel free to contact me on Brad@windowcleanerpro if required.

Best regards
Brad

Sean Dyer

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 10:29:55 pm »

I have been using for many years a paper based system and invoices printed on Word. I am now trialling WCP and think that it is going to do what I want. My first choice was ServiceCEO but at £1500 it was just a little steep for me. I have done about 20 days now on WCP and with my commercial round a lot of the features are not really used. What I do like is the automated debt list and payment register. I also like being able to print invoices with just a couple of clicks of the mouse as most of my work is invoiced.

service ceo isnt based at wc though its a service company program , but you would nearly need to be a programmer just to set it up, at least with wcp its all there for you, and ian and brad are there if you need anything and there are 100s of add on coming still

WCP rules :)

By the way when is my commision coming brad??

R W C

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 10:42:17 pm »

service ceo isnt based at wc though its a service company program , but you would nearly need to be a programmer just to set it up, at least with wcp its all there for you, and ian and brad are there if you need anything and there are 100s of add on coming still

WCP rules :)

By the way when is my commision coming brad??

Get in line  ;)

Sean Dyer

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 10:47:40 pm »
Lol

I dont want commision :)

I want them to get more money so them add ons can come quicker :)

R W C

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 11:01:19 pm »
have you not seen the cars and houses these 2 live in lol, they dont need money lol  ;)

Sean Dyer

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 11:05:43 pm »
have you not seen the cars and houses these 2 live in lol, they dont need money lol  ;)

Im a long way from them , so no, but good luck to them :)

Anyway your not doing to bad, just picked up one job that pays £200 a week didnt you :)

R W C

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2009, 11:13:37 pm »

Im a long way from them , so no, but good luck to them :)

Anyway your not doing to bad, just picked up one job that pays £200 a week didnt you :)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Sean Dyer

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2009, 11:22:28 pm »
feels good dont it :)

R.V.A Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2009, 12:29:10 am »
I think George is easy to use, WCP is doing my head in on the free trial. will keep trying though. Thinking about it i'll stick to george, never had a problem in 4 years and covers everything i need. except reciepts!
In the kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is king

LWC

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2009, 07:55:07 am »
Said it before and said again ... WCP all the way

Cant see how you struggled with WCP mate? Mind you i couldnt stand George, Mind numbimgly boring uploading customers 1 Bridge Street, 2 Bridge Street, 3 Brdige Street, Wcp is much quicker as it auto completes so youd write in the number ie 1, next line street name and type B and it will auto complete.

WCP is fab and so is the support!

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2009, 08:42:30 am »
Can anyone quickly explain how you mark a job as cleaned/and paid on WCP?????? Pleasey weasey

BradMonks

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2009, 09:55:37 am »
Can anyone quickly explain how you mark a job as cleaned/and paid on WCP?????? Pleasey weasey

When you are in Scheduling screen you tick the jobs you want to move to a worksheet (you can either tick complete rounds or open the rounds and tick individual jobs) by ticking them and then clicking on Move To Worksheet, you can create as many individual worksheets as you want by ticking the New Worksheet box (some people create a whole months work in advance with each day on a separate spreadsheet).

When you have a worksheet that is your days work so you can print it out and take it with you to note jobs, payments etc on. When you have finished the days work (THIS IS THE BIT YOU ASKED ABOUT) you need to click on End Of Day and that will bring up a screen where you can input with a tick box whether the jobs were Cleaned/Missed and Paid/Not Paid. The payment is a case of if it was paid click Paid and you can enter payment details if you want to (cheque number etc.) or if you just click Cleaned and then move onto the next customer it will take it that that job was unpaid.

When you have clicked on the last customer on the worksheet then click Save Details and it will update all your clean frequencies and payments/debts.

It will take a couple of goes until you are used to it but the feedback we have had seems to imply that people find it easier to use than George when they get used to it.

BradMonks

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2009, 10:02:11 am »
I think George is easy to use, WCP is doing my head in on the free trial. will keep trying though. Thinking about it i'll stick to george, never had a problem in 4 years and covers everything i need. except reciepts!

Hi...this is an issue we are resolving in the next few days with a video tutorial. The help file on the toolbar in WCP is a good source too if you get stuck, the main topics to look at are : Rounds, Maintaining Work, Schedules, Debts and Accounts.

One thing that we have missed is End Of Day (it is crucial and i'm sorry) which is explained in the above post.

If you have any questions then either call us or send an email (Brad@windowcleanerpro.com) and we will always help, its what we are here for.

From the comments we have had in recent months i can PROMISE you if you stick with it and take a few hours to 'learn' WCP you will find it more functional and easier to use than George.

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2009, 11:54:01 am »
WCP is different from George and does take a bit of getting used to, but it doesn't take to long.

Brad or Ian, do you guys ever check your own forum?

Q is it possible to set up WCP to blank out sat sun as non working days in general, or would you have to specify a working day in each individual job?
thanks