This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lcwalker

How long pole would i need?
« on: October 22, 2009, 07:55:43 pm »
How long pole would i need to reach the top windows and maybe facias on a normal house?.

Mike #1

Re: How long pole would i need?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 07:59:26 pm »
18ft pole with a 22ft reach should do most work

lcwalker

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 08:14:07 pm »
18ft pole with a 22ft reach should do most work
Thanks for that, what is the shortest an 18ft pole can be made to?.

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 09:58:58 pm »

I am just down the road from you. I said i will help you, showing you what your need.  But you did not bother to email me. 
Ask 101 questions on here instead.

krave

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 10:22:31 pm »
Sorry to hijack, but what about a pole to get to 2nd floor, and would a pole that can do second floor be comfortable on groud floor?

lcwalker

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 10:55:02 pm »

I am just down the road from you. I said i will help you, showing you what your need.  But you did not bother to email me. 
Ask 101 questions on here instead.
Hi sorry im very grateful for your offer to help me but please bare with me as ive got alot of things going on at the moment and need to get them sorted before i put my time in the the window cleaning.I didn't mean to offend you by not getting back to you.The questions are just the way i do my research.I just hope members aren't getting fed up with as you say my 101 questions thanks to you all

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 11:58:19 pm »
18ft pole for second floor, also  handy for windows above conservatories. 24ft, if you want to go to the third floor.
I used a 18ft, which closes to 6ft, for downstairs. Just changing poles over takes time. So I just carry on with the 18ft pole. Unless its a big conservatory or something. But you can get by with a 18ft pole

lcwalker

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 12:00:39 am »
18ft pole for second floor, also  handy for windows above conservatories. 24ft, if you want to go to the third floor.
I used a 18ft, which closes to 6ft, for downstairs. Just changing poles over takes time. So I just carry on with the 18ft pole. Unless its a big conservatory or something. But you can get by with a 18ft pole

Thanks alot for your help.

mark dew

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2009, 12:20:21 am »
Whatever size pole you end up buying, you don't want a pole with a 6 feet closed length. With a brush on the end it will be too much faffing about compared to a shorter pole.
A 17ft xtel pole is a real cheapy but it is quick pole to work with due to its shorter closed length.
I would recommend that one if you are looking for 6 months worth of working pole.
A 25ft pole is also wanted in the back of the van.
Or if money is no problem, buy a 35ft sl2 from gardinerpoles. It is around £700 i think but is a brilliant pole to work with. It isn't telescopic, you just add sections upto however heigh you want to go. Incredibly light and pretty sturdy as well. Mine has been hammered continually for over a year now. Just replaced a section.
It has earnt me 10 times its cost so far, at heights that can't easily be done with any other pole that can also clean ground windows.

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2009, 12:26:20 am »
People are going have their own opinions.
Personally I am not going to  argue over a one foot in pole length. 

mark dew

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 12:55:47 am »
People are going have their own opinions.
Personally I am not going to  argue over a one foot in pole length. 

haha, no argument intended. The 17ft xtel got mentioned because of its really short closed lengths. And cheap cost. If there are 18ft or little more poles that are similar closed length, then even better. The main thing is to have closed sections ideally around 5 feet or less.

Mine is just another opinion as well. Since i bought sl2 july last year i have used nor bought anything else. So my opinion is also dated.  ;D

bobby p

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 07:39:49 am »
a  7 metre telescopic is fine for trad cleaning on just about every regular job ,it slides down to be 2.5 metre long .  i use a 10meter fishing pole (a roach pole) to get the higher floors ,trad

R W C

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2009, 08:23:13 am »
dont forget its Grond floor, 1st floor, 2nd floor etc so a 18 foot will not reach 2nd floor it will reach 1st, fascias on a 2nd floor will make you ache even with a slx

stevieg

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2009, 06:51:10 pm »
At £95 the brodex 18 foot ally pole is superb at the price.it is 4 foot six when closed so great for tight spaces.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2009, 10:20:39 pm »
Forget 18 footers etc. A proper 25ft pole will reach 99% of all domestic work. An 18ft pole doesn't, especially on bigger houses, and hoses on slopes. You need one pole that does it all. *cough* 25ft SL-X.  :P