This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Neil

Software comparison
« on: October 21, 2009, 08:01:54 pm »
Hey Guys,

I have been using George for many years but now have a problem, I like to use it on my phone so I have access 24/7, last week I smashed my Palm Centro (don’t ask) so thought I would take the opportunity to upgrade to the new Palm Pre.
That’s where my problem lies, it seems the Pre is using a new operating system and George won’t run on it and Paul has no plans to make it so that it will. I don’t want to go back in time and be forced to use outdated equipment so am being forced to either look for new software or make do without it.
Has anyone tried and compared both George and WCP? What did you think?
Or is there an alternative maybe?
Neil

Re: Software comparison
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 08:49:04 pm »
I just use a print out whichever software.
have moved to wcp from george. wcp is a bit of an investment, but no regrets about the move ;)

Neil

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 09:30:16 pm »
Thanks Boo,
I also use printouts for my guys in the vans but if they have any questions I like to have have the answers to hand (on my phone)
I am not sure how user friendly WCP is yet but am going to download the trial and give it a go.
It must be a nightmare for these developers though, there are so many operating platforms now.

BradMonks

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 09:46:11 pm »
Hi Neil...Window Cleaner Pro runs in in Windows on desktops/laptops and WCP Lite (free with WCP) runs on any Windows Mobile version 5.0 (or higher) operating system.

If you trial it and would like me to convert your George data to a WCP database (so you can trial it with familiar data) then email me your George back-up to brad@windowcleanerpro.com and i will return it to you normally within 324 hours. All data is treated with the strictest confidence as we operate under the juristiction of the Data Protection Act 1998.

Best regards
Brad

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 10:51:47 pm »
Hi Neil...Window Cleaner Pro runs in in Windows on desktops/laptops and WCP Lite (free with WCP) runs on any Windows Mobile version 5.0 (or higher) operating system.

If you trial it and would like me to convert your George data to a WCP database (so you can trial it with familiar data) then email me your George back-up to brad@windowcleanerpro.com and i will return it to you normally within 324 hours. All data is treated with the strictest confidence as we operate under the juristiction of the Data Protection Act 1998.

Best regards
Brad

SERIOUSLY  :o :o :o glad i did it myself now ;D ;D ;D

hee hee, I'm just playing.

but Brad Brad Bradity Brad. iPhone WCP app, when?
I would even take that as an add on, and not an update ;)

Window Washers

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 07:19:20 am »

Best regards
Brad

SERIOUSLY  :o :o :o glad i did it myself now ;D ;D ;D

hee hee, I'm just playing.

but Brad Brad Bradity Brad. iPhone WCP app, when?
I would even take that as an add on, and not an update ;)
Chav  :P
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 09:36:30 am »
burberry proud, my man, burberry proud ;D ;D ;D

BradMonks

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 10:00:56 am »
Its a LLOONNGG job converting data....324 hours is only 13.5 days solid work, you guys dont realise how much we put in just to get data converted!! Ok, so it was a small typo and i meant 24 hours!!

Boo Boo Boodity Boo...! Regarding iPhone application, thats really Ians domain but i know it would take a major re-write of the software to run on an iPhone based platform, and i know that the software development license that we would have to subscribe to would make the cost prohibitive before we even wrote a line of code. To give you an idea, a bespoke application software license  will cost WCP over £3,000 for the first year alone, and it is an annual subscription...thats just so Ian can use their code...then take into account writing the code, development time, test time, submission to iPhone for approval as an app, upgrades etc. In all honesty we would have to price it to the point when you would laugh at us, we have looked at it previously and will periodically review it but i doubt it will ever be a commercially viable venture. Sorry!

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 10:06:31 am »
paper it is then :-[ ;)

BradMonks

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 01:08:13 pm »
paper it is then :-[ ;)

What if we put a constant Burberry background on WCP....tempted?

Davie T

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 01:11:47 pm »
Hi Brad,

For obvious reasons members on this forum prefer to keep their location hidden.
Would it not be a good idea to let us see yours as you after all have some very confidential info that, despite your assurances, could be passed to a third party ?

My location is intentionally hidden.

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 01:20:42 pm »
Its a LLOONNGG job converting data....324 hours is only 13.5 days solid work, you guys dont realise how much we put in just to get data converted!! Ok, so it was a small typo and i meant 24 hours!!

Boo Boo Boodity Boo...! Regarding iPhone application, thats really Ians domain but i know it would take a major re-write of the software to run on an iPhone based platform, and i know that the software development license that we would have to subscribe to would make the cost prohibitive before we even wrote a line of code. To give you an idea, a bespoke application software license  will cost WCP over £3,000 for the first year alone, and it is an annual subscription...thats just so Ian can use their code...then take into account writing the code, development time, test time, submission to iPhone for approval as an app, upgrades etc. In all honesty we would have to price it to the point when you would laugh at us, we have looked at it previously and will periodically review it but i doubt it will ever be a commercially viable venture. Sorry!

that's a pity, but if I decide to go down the WCP route then I may have to look into getting a smart phone than it can run on when my contract is up in a few months time. (I love my iPhone as well, I'm using it now) ;D

BradMonks

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2009, 01:55:05 pm »
Hi Brad,

For obvious reasons members on this forum prefer to keep their location hidden.
Would it not be a good idea to let us see yours as you after all have some very confidential info that, despite your assurances, could be passed to a third party ?

My location is intentionally hidden.

Im not sure i understand why my location would make any difference regarding confidential information? Ian and myself are regulated by the Data Protection Act 1998 regarding personal and business data, we also have a high value as far as integrity and morals are concerned and would never comprimise the trust anyone put in us. I am slightly upset that you are intimating that i/we would ever pass data on to any third party and if you contact any person who has ever had dealings with me/us in the past you will find we have always acted in the strictest of confidences, that includes any WCP customers and trials and also the thousands of clients within the automotive aftermarket that have trusted me with their sales figures, company figures, customer listings, stock control and training of their staff.

I am based in Sussex and am on Facebook, Linked-In and various other networking websites so am easy to establish my location should anyone feel the need to. May i ask why your location is intentionally hidden?

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2009, 03:06:53 pm »
Brad.......if i gave you my backup number,would you be willing to convert mine to WCP as i too am lookin at seeing how things go with your program. I downloaded the free download this morn and i have to admit, it does look the dogs.

BradMonks

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2009, 03:10:53 pm »
Brad.......if i gave you my backup number,would you be willing to convert mine to WCP as i too am lookin at seeing how things go with your program. I downloaded the free download this morn and i have to admit, it does look the dogs.

Thats no problem at all, email me your George back-up to me at Brad@windowcleanerpro.com and i will get onto it this evening for you and have it returned either this evening or first thing tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the kind words regarding the program, i hope you will see just how effective it is when you have your own data to 'play' with. Remember you can always re-load your data if you want to get back to how it was after you have 'played' with the features of WCP.

Brad

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 03:13:06 pm »
cheers Brad.......I'll get onto that now.

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 03:29:48 pm »
Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkk,where do ya find ya backup number????????? I've had a long week  ;) Do ya mean serial number Brad?

R W C

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2009, 03:48:36 pm »
when you exit george does it not give you the option to save changes, if so i believe this is what Brad needs

jefftemperley

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2009, 04:12:42 pm »
guys i tried trialing wcp next to george and it was more aggro than it was worth so just made the change and learnt as i went.

ian and brad are there when you need them so anything your not sure on can be walked through when they use team viewer (they control your pc so they can talk and show you at same time)

after using it for a while it starts making sense.

there are things i havent learnt to do properley yet and just havent made time to sort it out

as for 3rd party's getting details.......... come on like they would risk their business and reputation doing something like that?

bad weather always looks worse through dirty windows

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2009, 04:23:27 pm »
when you exit george does it not give you the option to save changes, if so i believe this is what Brad needs
Yeh it gives me the option to save changes, but i don't see any backup number......And i've looked everywhere else for it too. 'elp Brad  ;D