This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

reachandshine

BNI
« on: October 21, 2009, 11:10:15 am »
Anyone a member or had any experience of BNI?
"Your pane is our pleasure!"

bad trippy

Re: BNI
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 02:07:27 pm »
I think Tosh is in the bnp NOT  ;D ;D ;D
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

SteveAllan

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 04:28:16 pm »
Try 4Networking much better, less informal

oliver collins

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 05:40:48 pm »
Hi guys

I have been a member for 18 months and i was a one man band now, i have a full time employee and a part time lad as well now.

For me and my business it was the best desion that i ever made i provide window cleaning services and carpet cleaning services.And i will never look back, other networking groups do not match up to B.N.I

Regards Oliver Collins

SteveAllan

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 06:33:42 pm »
I assume you've never been to 4networking then, your not one of the cuff link brigade are ya ;D

williamx

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 07:12:28 pm »
I have been a member of the BoB Clubs for the last 18 months, I have gained over £3000 (per year) work so far.

Since febuary 09, I have received 28 refferrals and I have converted 50% of these into regular customers so far.

I will be joining more Bob Clubs, in the near future.

ian1972

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 07:43:38 pm »
i have just been invited to there next breakfast meeting tuesday morning am a little unsure though not having tried this b4

Dean Taberner

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 07:45:36 pm »
BNI???

What is it?

Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

ian1972

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2009, 07:47:07 pm »
a business referral organisation

Dean Taberner

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2009, 07:56:29 pm »
Ian,

How much does it cost mate?

Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

lee_dewing

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2009, 08:19:24 pm »
my mate has a garage and is a member of bni, he thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread;

costs around a £1000 a year.

£500 joining fee; then £10 a week for breakfast;  where you meet, say a function room at mariot hotel for instance,  i think each little gang is called a chapter and you are not aloud 2 of the same professions in each chapter.

you basically network for each other.

I have a customer who installs car stereos alarms etc and he joined bni;  tried to talk me into it;  i wondered if a member introduces a new member they get something for this?

my mate reckons not!

anyway my custy reckons it wasn't much cop and just about got he's money back with referals.

For me i don't think i would bother a £1000 a lot of money.

We are very fortunate unlike a lot of businesses once we have a customer base were pretty safe, unlike the for mentioned people above who are constanly try to drum up business.

Not trying to put you off mate,  just telling you what i have heard, network groups are a good idea, if there free or next door to.

cheers lee.
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Sean Dyer

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 06:29:56 pm »
didnt realise there was such a recent post on this

i got a letter 2 days ago, and im thinking about it

how much is the signing fee??

and do you pay £10 a week no matter what?

ian1972

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2009, 06:36:46 pm »
hi dean i have no idea how much i got a phone asking if i would b intrested,as i was busy at the time i asked for them to send there stuff through got the invitation the next day,am seriously thinking bout going and upto now i can find anything about a joining fee even on there web site www.bni.eu but i think it could still b worth doing or at least looking into,as you no your card needs to land on the right desk once and your laughing

Sean Dyer

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2009, 06:41:47 pm »
where is the one you were invited too?

ian1972

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2009, 06:46:01 pm »
chorley it came straight out the blue,i wouldnt normally even consider going but nothing to lose by taking a look

Sean Dyer

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 06:54:50 pm »
o ok mine is near me, in fact only 2 miles, worth a look too i think, it gets very mixed reviews online and i think that is for a few reasons.

1, some people are very introverted and would find it hard networking

2, some chapters might not have the right mix of professions that you would ideally want to target

3, your business is hard to get leads from like that

i think i will do ok at a meeting like that and i cant see why window cleaning isnt a really good service at a place like that , everyone there will be from a office, or building of some sort, all needing a wc eventually !! Im just deciding whether its worth the price now.....  ??? i could stick a good ad on yell or do some major website work and be guaranteed leads....

Will go and have a look first i think

ian1972

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 06:58:16 pm »
thats it got to b worth a look who nosmight b good might be useless and like you say every1 is a potential customer wether it b home or work

outdoor restore

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2009, 07:25:18 pm »
I attended two meetings of my local chapter last year.  They are happy for you to attend 2 meetings as a guest and you just pay for breakfast.
Everyone stands up and does a 1min presentation on what you do and what referalls you are looking for.  One member does a longer pitch at each meeting.  When the presentations are finished you go round the room and deliver your referalls.
BNI are insistent if you join that you attend every meeting (weekly) or if not you send a replacement, there appear to be some businesses who are "professional replacements". Your replacement delivers your pitch and also gets the chance to pitch their own business.
The emphasis is very much on passing referrals to other members.
I didn't join as I felt the commitment (weekly) was too much, however a mate in Derbyshire has had quite a lot of business out of bni 4-5x cost in a year but mainly on drive/patio cleaning rather than windows
I would certainly recommend going along as a guest.

Mike #1

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2009, 08:26:01 pm »
also if you decide to join you need to pay the joining fee in full over £500 when i went long term member who is a a good custy said i would need to attend for 2-3 months before getting any work