Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

matt

another "I have given up for the day" day
« on: October 21, 2009, 09:49:08 am »
i got back from school and pulled on my work clothes, opened the door and it started to rain

oh its ok i thought, its blue in the sky, its just a shower,

1 hour latter, its still raining

another 15 mins and i am off to school to help with the childrens spelling if it doesnt stop

ftp

Re: another "I have given up for the day" day
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 09:52:39 am »
I just sat in the van for half an hour in the next town and watched the skies open. Funny thing is the forecast looked very reasonable for today.  :-\
I've also got £150 of work to do within fifty yards of my front door but I'm really not sure about trying it on.

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 09:53:23 am »
Matt i take it you do not teach them about punctuation then....lol.....sorry couldn't stop myself... ;)

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 09:56:51 am »
No cleans today, going out leafleting in a bit, but that's not a whole lot of fun in the rain  :'(

matt

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 10:07:48 am »
Matt i take it you do not teach them about punctuation then....lol.....sorry couldn't stop myself... ;)

nope

they have 5 or 6 words to learn every week, we are talking 6yr olds here

i dunno wot u meen

GallClean1

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 10:40:59 am »
Got a few done this morning before the rain started. Got a bit of info from a custy about an area in a town close to me who have no window cleaner. So I have my rain jacket on and am going door knocking! Schools are on hols up here so I am hoping to catch a few in!

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 10:43:55 am »
i hate all that stopping and starting lark!it usually means ive been working too hard of late and i find a few days off usually gets me raring to go again!went for a great thai meal and cinema to watch zombie land yesterday!good fun!my bills are paid and im havin most of week off!i usually just work thru the rain if its not bouncing down hard otherwise its just half hearted bits of jobs here and there.i prefer to go at it for 5 or 6 weeks then have a slack week before the next onslaught!my antidote to poor motivation is a few days off doing what u like! ;) ;)works every time

regards dazmond
price higher/work harder!

p1w1

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 10:59:10 am »
i hate all that stopping and starting lark!it usually means ive been working too hard of late and i find a few days off usually gets me raring to go again!went for a great thai meal and cinema to watch zombie land yesterday!good fun!my bills are paid and im havin most of week off!i usually just work thru the rain if its not bouncing down hard otherwise its just half hearted bits of jobs here and there.i prefer to go at it for 5 or 6 weeks then have a slack week before the next onslaught!my antidote to poor motivation is a few days off doing what u like! ;) ;)works every time

regards dazmond

Thats exactly how i do things couldn't agree more...

paul

R W C

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2009, 12:21:38 pm »
I did extra work yesterday due to forecast for today, wasnt raining this morning so finished off what I didnt do yesterday, just went for a little drive and due to my sign written van I picked up a £1,200 6 weekly contract Wahoo thank you rain if it wasnt for you I wouldnt of got it  ;D

s.hughes

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2009, 12:35:51 pm »
I've had 2 days off due to a bad knee and know when I want to so out its fliiping raining

kenaltobelli

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2009, 01:04:27 pm »
im sat here gaul stones are back so good job its raining :D

krave

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2009, 01:44:29 pm »
I did extra work yesterday due to forecast for today, wasnt raining this morning so finished off what I didnt do yesterday, just went for a little drive and due to my sign written van I picked up a £1,200 6 weekly contract Wahoo thank you rain if it wasnt for you I wouldnt of got it  ;D

Fair play, thats excelent. What sort of building is it on??

I have gone out thius morning, only spitting, but dont want to start and get a downpour hit me!

Craig 72

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2009, 02:39:11 pm »

What an absolute result!Christ,I'd be doing cartwheels if I were you.I've not had similar luck unfortunately.I actually had a pop at a customer for the first time today.The rain came down but I thought I'd crack on regardless.I was close to finishing one particular house ( spent half an hour or so on it) when the customer came out and said,"You're not thinking of cleaning the windows today are you."Between gritted teeth I said,yes I've nearly finished.She started going on about the fact that the rain would leave them dirty.I gave her a bit of an earful along the lines of the fact that my mortgage payments don't stop during bad weather.I regretted it as soon as I drove off.Can't afford to lose customers at the moment.She actually seemed sympathetic after I said my piece but it's made me think twice about working in all but the lightest drizzle.

trevor perry

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2009, 02:47:01 pm »
well done chris  :o
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

AuRavelling79

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2009, 03:22:05 pm »
Wet when I started on a house where I know the owners are at work from 8.30 but dried up for a couple of hours then rained off. Back for an hour and a half this afternoon and at 4 I'm off to get me old mammy from hospital.

Over three figures for a messy sort of half day so not too bad!
It's a game of three halves!

JRDEasiReach

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2009, 04:28:34 pm »
I done 4 jobs this morning and it was raining through the most of it, all 4 were out when i was doing it, heck ive had a week in the sun and i need to get caught up regardless of the rain, mind you it was just drizzle but if it rains for a month does that mean we dont go out?? No it does not.  If a customer says to me one time 'you arent cleaning them today are you?' i will be saying back in the nicest way possible the following 'you arent going to get dressed and head out today are you?' when the reply says 'why you ask that?' i will return back by saying 'sure you have to go to work, and this is my work regardless of the weather.' To be honest i dont see why we shouldnt just crack on in the drizzle for if it was dry its certainly going to rain again at some point anyway isnt it?
JRD Easi Reach
'The Ladderless Window Cleaning System'

s.hughes

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2009, 04:43:20 pm »
To be honest I just cant work in the rain, its a nightmare. Today I got soaked and when the rain stopped I was so soaked I had to go home and change. All the dampness gets into the bones. Getting Old

Window Washers

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2009, 09:17:32 pm »
Targets met for today, wear water proof's and carry on, is hard to train your mind, but the results are the same as a normal day..

My customers do not get let down, we are reliable  ;) and all work is guarenteed so they win either way as do we  ;D
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

ftp

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2009, 10:16:30 am »
Bit of dampness in the air again today so I'll stay at home  ;D Half term anyway.
So glad I don't have to meet any targets - that's the whole point of doing this job.  ???

Sean Dyer

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2009, 11:36:44 am »
everyone has a target like it or not, you have to cover business overheads, your cost of living etc

otherwise you will have no money :)